NT HELP!!!! I'm being sued.....french connection U K!!!!

So I just get home from outta town and I see a registered letter here for me from a Lawyer in my oldemployers building, so I immediately know what it is about.

Now, I worked for a company that made you sign a clause that states: if you leave the company withinthe year, you will have to pay them a percentage of $6500 (the so-called amount for training). I only stayed for 4 months and they are saying that I owe them$3000 (should be more but I made a few sales while there).

Anyhow, I was going thru my employment contract and it states that the probationary period for thisjob is 180 days....correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that 180 day period go both ways? Shouldn't I be able to leave the company at any time duringthis period without persecution? Even tho I signed a contract, is this even legal?

so many L's in a 2 year span....

Why didn't you stay the extra 2 months so you could've avoided this? I remember you posting about it before you quit.

I had to stay for an ENTIRE YEAR.....there was no way in hell I was going to stay there doing that#+@@ for a year. From what I gathered in the interview process was that it was only a 6 month thing.....gonna have to do some research on the labor laws outhere.....ugh FML

Dang fam you have had a hard week

Best of luck to u though
wink.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

TD you gotta an interesting $@$ life. Something's always up with you man
laugh.gif
Real Talk....I need to write a book or get a reality tv series....my life is a woodenroller coaster

You really need to go to talk to a few lawyers.

Usually their visit is free and they can break down the situation for you. Explain what the best options to explore are.

It is bet to legal advice from a license professional. Especially under circumstances like this!

Good luck.

thats what you get. you told us about this a while ago and knew the consequences. man up and pay

how do you have soooo many problems in such a little times span? didnt you just say you was at your friends crib n you got kicked out?? and You JUST SAID youcame back from vacation... mean while the post was like YESTERDAY or the day before.... whats goin on OP??

ima have to call

ducktales.jpg

Originally Posted by digitalO22

They get the 6 month clause in writing for a reason. If you signed you're on the hook.
But they also have double the normal probationary period.....they have fired somepeople and one other guy quit earlier than me and neither one had to deal with this....

anyhow, I'm gonna contact some lawyer friends and see what can be done...I'm off to drown mysorrows at Niagara Falls

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

how do you have soooo many problems in such a little times span? didnt you just say you was at your friends crib n you got kicked out?? and You JUST SAID you came back from vacation... mean while the post was like YESTERDAY or the day before.... whats goin on OP??

ima have to call

ducktales.jpg

OR you just have a really bad life if this is true, my apologies if im wrong... my b i accidentally clicked quote

Originally Posted by TD The God

So I just get home from outta town and I see a registered letter here for me from a Lawyer in my old employers building, so I immediately know what it is about.

Now, I worked for a company that made you sign a clause that states: if you leave the company within the year, you will have to pay them a percentage of $6500 (the so-called amount for training). I only stayed for 4 months and they are saying that I owe them $3000 (should be more but I made a few sales while there).

Anyhow, I was going thru my employment contract and it states that the probationary period for this job is 180 days....correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that 180 day period go both ways? Shouldn't I be able to leave the company at any time during this period without persecution? Even tho I signed a contract, is this even legal?

so many L's in a 2 year span....

I swear you were a man of WIN when I first joined NT, but lately you stay taking L's. What happened?

we're missing a piece here, but from the info you've provided, it appears that the probationary period is not relevant - if it was, it would have beenmentioned in the clause.

Back
Top Bottom