NT! Help me choose my new car. C300 or 135i?

Go with the Benz

And derfinitely take look at the c350 instead of the 300 for one a 2 yr old 350 has quite a bit more power also i see 300's everywhere but hardly ever see 350's.
Make sure it has the P2 package and AMG rims and body kit.

The Premium 2 package has some must have items like the Bixenon Headlamps, not sure if it is included in the package but the panoramic sunroof and harmon kadon sound system are nice options Get it CPO and add an extended warranty and you wont have anything to worry about

Last edited:
Whatever you do don't buy it, lease it. I have both a MB and BMW and the Benzes always have some maintenance problem. The oil was leaking and the dealership supposedly "fixed" it but it continued and then the dealership eem said they didn't know what was wrong. The BMW had the sensors messing up from tire monitors, the seats, seatbelt sensors, etc. That one single seat belt sensor would've been 700+ if I still wasn't under warranty.

Whatever you do don't buy it, lease it. I have both a MB and BMW and the Benzes always have some maintenance problem. The oil was leaking and the dealership supposedly "fixed" it but it continued and then the dealership eem said they didn't know what was wrong. The BMW had the sensors messing up from tire monitors, the seats, seatbelt sensors, etc. That one single seat belt sensor would've been 700+ if I still wasn't under warranty.
never doing foreign
mean.gif

never doing foreign
mean.gif
That's a strong assumption my dude considering Japanese cars consistently take the top 5 in terms of reliability for cars every year. (And no, this isn't an anti American car statement because the Big 3 has been scoring in the top 10 the last couple years)

German cars I can understand. My manager (worked for Ford, been in the industry for over 40 years) was telling me on how they always score very high on the initial satisfaction tests and then the satisfaction tests 3 years into ownership are extremely low.

He as also telling me that American cars got a bad rap for reliability once emissions came into play but you would NEVER want to own a VW from the mid 60s to the early 70s because you would get brand new cars that wouldn't even start on the lot. 

Last edited:

LEASE ANY GERMAN CAR

yes, audi, bmw, and benz

real talk

1M is what i would cop but i dont think its in ur price range. then again i'd lease it anyways depreciation on these cars :/

oh man i love these threads.

warning *** I'm a BMW HOMER ***

The mercedes c300 is outdated. It has a SEVERELY underpowered v6 engine. You'd think that "oh since it lacks power, it makes up for it in fuel economy!" WRONG. It sucks in that category too. So what do you get? You get an expensive car with expensive parts, that isnt fast nor efficient. Oh but the interior must be pretty nice right? WRONG. Check out that little screen, its the size of an iTouch. The knobs are cheap and the reliability isnt all that great either. But im not going to lie, it does look nice on the exterior!

Oh and it has dual exhaust! I guess its sporty right? The thing drives like a honda. Is that bad? Well, hondras drive awesome. But when your benz drives like one, well, you'll see when you test drive it.

Check out the 135i. You're getting the same sized 3.0 6 cylinder engine. But as an added BONUS, you get a TURBO(s) (depending on what year you buy, it'll either have the N54 or N55 engine).

N54 (twin turbo)- better for tuning. The N54T is whats inside the 1M.

N55 (twin scroll single turbo)- more updated, more efficient, same horsepower and torque, but at an earlier RPM. Try hitting 300lbs of torque at 1500RPM. Yeah, its badass.

And to everyone saying get the 335i, its the same friggin engine. Its just in a smaller more lightweight car.

OP, my buddy bought a black/black CPO (100k mile warranty) 135i for 28 grand. Has a 6speed too.

^

A5 is
pimp.gif
from the exterior and interior standpoint. Though im not a big fan of the new updated head lights.

But you think the C300 is underpowered? So is the A5, thank goodness it has quattro and a lot of torque to make up for a measly 211 ponies.

Yes the 1m is ******ed... The regular 1 is fun as hell to drive as is. Can't eem imagin whipping the m... Straight Mario kart power sliding lol

Last edited:
go with the bimmer, you wont regret it, decent fuel economy, very responsive and fun car to drive

Yes the 1m is ******ed... The regular 1 is fun as hell to drive as is. Can't eem imagin whipping the m... Straight Mario kart power sliding lol
I'm sayin' tho
laugh.gif
....even the 135i would be suffice.

LIGHT car + 300 lbs of low-end torque= the ultimate driving experience

Hey guys, my bad for the late reply. It's finals week and it's been pretty tough :smh:

I will be buying either the C300 or 135i with low mileage and hopefully models between 2009 and up. I don't mind buying it used since the depreciation of the MSRP isn't worth it once its out the lot but some of ya'll mentioned leasing cars? Can someone explain how that works out? Might as well lease a M3 then if the money game is right :lol:

Hey guys, my bad for the late reply. It's finals week and it's been pretty tough :smh:
I will be buying either the C300 or 135i with low mileage and hopefully models between 2009 and up. I don't mind buying it used since the depreciation of the MSRP isn't worth it once its out the lot but some of ya'll mentioned leasing cars? Can someone explain how that works out? Might as well lease a M3 then if the money game is right :lol:

http://www.leaseguide.com/index2.htm

Back
Top Bottom