NT Help me!!!!! NBA 2k related

you dont need to use heat or lakers to beat someone
laugh.gif

ive never lost on online exhibition with my hornets other than ning.

Lower 3 pt slider to 48 and put On-ball D to a 60-70.

If you're as good as you say you are that should be enough to limit his unrealistic 3's and play good enough defense to stop his drive.

it doesnt matter who u use.

I can put Joe and Craw on lockdown with any guard/sf

Play him tight.. .. step your on ball defense up. Hold L1/ LB to call for a double team....

if he is zig zagging around until he has space to shoot..... u cant stop that unless ur playing off ball... but still than he will hit those shots on u.

super hint : R2 + triangle (PS3) or R2 + Y (xbox) = turbo block you jump a little higher than if you just press block

Alright guys we had a couple games yesterday & I railed em w/ the Lakers. KB24 turned into KB8 as he went off for like 40, Artest/Odumbbb had that N Joe on lock... Homie couldn't do anything and Kurt Hinrick had to try and score which didn't happen... D Fish & Chris Brown put in work on the perimeter while the Goose & Bynum being goons under the basket. What helped was L1 D, that lockdown D from defensive menu, and 3-2.

Thanks NT for the tips

how exactly do you defend the pick and roll or player rolling to the basket for dunk etc ? I swear this is an exploit because if i try to manual defend it's either a foul or an and1 .
sick.gif
I hate playing team like Heat, OKC, etc. The other dude just let the PC run a pick and roll and score off easy bucket with Lebron, Wade etc.

Hopefully 2k12 improve the pick and roll defense because if you come across a dude online who know how to use this exploit it's game over

Originally Posted by KenJi714

how exactly do you defend the pick and roll or player rolling to the basket for dunk etc ? I swear this is an exploit because if i try to manual defend it's either a foul or an and1 .
sick.gif
I hate playing team like Heat, OKC, etc. The other dude just let the PC run a pick and roll and score off easy bucket with Lebron, Wade etc.

Hopefully 2k12 improve the pick and roll defense because if you come across a dude online who know how to use this exploit it's game over

I haven't played in a while.
But I think what I did was that I just switched to the other player really fast as the pick n roll happened (or was about to happen), and then I was able to prevent anything from happening.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Originally Posted by KenJi714

sick.gif

I haven't played in a while.
But I think what I did was that I just switched to the other player really fast as the pick n roll happened (or was about to happen), and then I was able to prevent anything from happening.
No maybe the dude you played isn't good at pick and roll or know about the exploit

The dude i played with was basically unstoppable with the Heat. He use the PC command to roll Dwade and Lebron to the basket and then he pass. If either of these two players got the ball within the dunking distance its either an and1 or facial dunk. I can't camp in the lane because of 3 second rule and if i come outside then Lebron and Wade would just roll past me for that easy lay up/dunk . The PC auto defend isn't smart enough to cover pick and roll by themselve

I play this game to death and I've concluded that playing defense in this game hinges on one concept:

It's about forcing the player into taking a bad or awkward shot animation.

On the perimeter, you just need to have a defender in the guy's face to contest the shot. If your defender jumps at the same time, it decreases his chances of making even well-timed shots. Pick-and-rolls are best defended with the help defender - the "caught in a pick" animation gives the ballhandler enough time to shoot off a J if he's ready. If he's adept at throwing to the cutting screener for a dunk, you should be ready to switch to your other big to get to the basket.

In the paint, you just need to bring a defender with decent defense and meet the driving player somewhere in the paint, around where he's gonna be taking off from. It's not about blocking shots, it's about bumping the guy when he's trying to dunk or layup, and triggering that weird off-balance layup or awkward runner instead.

Just be ready to switch quickly between guys and bump them into taking shots they didn't want or expect.

A lot of people consider hitting cutters with thread-the-needle passes for an easy dunk an exploit, but I don't. It's just a facet of the game that's not really realistic.

It's possible to defend - you just need to be ready to meet the cutting player in the paint with your center or PF and bump him when he's about to lay it up. He'll get a weird layup instead of the easy dunk most of the time.

Most teams don't have a PF/C combo where both can shoot outside jumpers, so you can always sag off of the player who can't shoot and be ready to meet players in the paint with that guy. For example, if I'm playing against the Thunder, I'd sag off of Perkins with my C and use my C to help whenever the guy abuses with Durant or Westbrook in the paint.

Back
Top Bottom