NT, help me out in upgrading my MPC500

I've already done some research on upgrading them but the sticky on the site is from over 5 years ago, so I don't know if there's anything better to get. So anyways they say you can only upgrade your ram to this: "PC 133 144PIN CL3 SODIMM 256MB." I found one on ebay for super cheap-->http://cgi.ebay.com/256MB...amp;hash=item2c57b2e413. Is this the right one? Also I'm going to get the 2g sandisk cf card. Let me know if that setup is good, or if there is anything better. I'm tired of my 500 freezing up after laying down some good $+**.

I've already done some research on upgrading them but the sticky on the site is from over 5 years ago, so I don't know if there's anything better to get. So anyways they say you can only upgrade your ram to this: "PC 133 144PIN CL3 SODIMM 256MB." I found one on ebay for super cheap-->http://cgi.ebay.com/256MB...amp;hash=item2c57b2e413. Is this the right one? Also I'm going to get the 2g sandisk cf card. Let me know if that setup is good, or if there is anything better. I'm tired of my 500 freezing up after laying down some good $+**.

Yeah that ram will be fine. I've never used a 500, but upgrades are pretty limited. Ram is the most important thing, get a CF, and possibly throw in a 2.5inch sata hard drive if 500's can carry them (1000's can and they're pretty similar hardware wise) and then make sure you have the most up to date OS and you should be good.

Yeah that ram will be fine. I've never used a 500, but upgrades are pretty limited. Ram is the most important thing, get a CF, and possibly throw in a 2.5inch sata hard drive if 500's can carry them (1000's can and they're pretty similar hardware wise) and then make sure you have the most up to date OS and you should be good.

thanks.. and damu that was the site i was reading, but i was kind of lazy to start diggin up info. Just ordered those parts off ebay. Now i might cop a desktop pc on black friday so i can really get down

thanks.. and damu that was the site i was reading, but i was kind of lazy to start diggin up info. Just ordered those parts off ebay. Now i might cop a desktop pc on black friday so i can really get down

Back
Top Bottom