NT, Help Me Plot vol. Where the Afro-Latina Girls At vol. NYC Adventures w/Bruce

It's been a while, NT.

A lot has happened since moving to NYC and starting my job in IB back in summer 2014, and even more has happened since I started my 2nd year - new friends, new apartment, new job on the horizon, etc. I'm starting to reach a point in my life where I can allocate a portion of my attention away from my professional life, and start asking myself important personal questions such as: where all the Afro-Latina chicks at?

I'm from the Midwest - the land of cornfields, harsh winters and hardy women. I'd only known about five Dominican people in my life before moving to NYC. A few months after moving here I happened to link up with a dope lil Dominican chick - long story short, I'm never going back.

Only issue for me is that even though I'm probably in the best city in the Northeast to scoop these afro-latina chicks, I don't even know where to go. Our social groups don't really intertwine - I'm black but my roommates are white and aren't about that multi-cultural club life. I'm one of four black people on a floor of about 80 people at my job. Work/life balance is better in my 2nd year but I'm still at the office>>>>>outside of the office.

Not insurmountable issues - all it means is this effort needs to be focused, efficient, and most importantly, well-informed.

So I turn to you, NT brethren (specifically NYC NT brethren): Where are the Dominicans, the Puerto Ricans, the Cubans, the Haitians? Empanada Mama burned down - where am I lurkin now? Am I learning bachata, salsa, or both? Which clubs should I be hittin up? If I'm dancin with a girl and a diesel n walks up and says somethin real quick in hood Spanish, do I say Si o No?

Knowledge is power - with enough of it you can do anything. I got the jump shot, I'm just trying to find the court. Puerto Rican Day Parade is June 12, Dominican Day Parade is August 8 and I'm tryna become the Rocky Balboa of bagging afro-latina chicks. Hook me up NT.

Pics of Yovanna Ventura for the beasts

View media item 1917945
View media item 1917946
View media item 1917947
View media item 1917948
View media item 1917949
View media item 1917950
View media item 1917951%$$# justin bieber

Washington Heights. Also as insensitive as it sounds, it helps tremendously to be white and racially ambiguous on the lighter side. It's truly a shameful yet harsh reality of an egregious crisis in identity here in New York.

Last edited:
My joint is Afro Latina. Short, pretty, and thick. Darker than me and Spanish is her first language :pimp:

This sounds like beta talk. I see dark skinned people with latinas all the time, they are called Dominicans.

Just learn 3 words in English and dress like you just took a time machine from 1998 and you good money.
I'm happily married. But I personally get approached all the time. Sure, casual sex between black men and Dominican women is common. However, anything past that is quite rare. While it does happen, it's not often. It's a cultural thing. My wife's old co-worker considered herself Afro-Latina (Dominican), and she married a Puerto Rican guy. But she told my wife she commends her for marrying me because in Dominican homes it's not really welcomed. She said she tried to bring several black men home that she really liked and it ended badly.

Henry Louis Gates did whole documentary on the pathology of it. As I stated in the first response it's a harsh reality. A crisis of identity for many Dominican families here in New York.

You've lived in nyc for 2 years and dont know where to go for Dominicans?! Congratulations, you played yourself.

That token struggle :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I probably deserve that. My first year I was practically chained to my desk - I averaged 90 hours per week, so when I wasn't working I was just eating and sleeping. Was still getting rocked throughout the fall of this year, until I recruited and set up my next job back in October. I've only really had a large amount of free time starting basically after Thanksgiving, and I haven't even explored a quarter of Manhattan which is where I live (Hell's Kitchen to be exact).

It's what happens when you put your professional goals before your personal ones. That being said............sounds like yall know where I should be goin? :nerd:

@ksteezy - Where the spots at on Dyckman?

You've lived in nyc for 2 years and dont know where to go for Dominicans?! Congratulations, you played yourself.

That token struggle :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I probably deserve that. My first year I was practically chained to my desk - I averaged 90 hours per week, so when I wasn't working I was just eating and sleeping. Was still getting rocked throughout the fall of this year, until I recruited and set up my next job back in October. I've only really had a large amount of free time starting basically after Thanksgiving, and I haven't even explored a quarter of Manhattan which is where I live (Hell's Kitchen to be exact).

It's what happens when you put your professional goals before your personal ones. That being said............sounds like yall know where I should be goin? :nerd:

@ksteezy - Where the spots at on Dyckman?

It really can be a struggle though. Medicine isn't quite as bad as finance overall but it can get pretty bad. My first year out of med school would have gone exactly like yours except I was in a city I was familiar with and had family/friends

Don't fall for the steezy dyckman trap.
Dyckman is where all non ny Spanish people go to pretend they down with the Spanish movement.

I'll help you out, pa.
First off, what borough you in and how far you willing to travel.
Can you hook it up with the white girls? I got you with the mamis.

This spot in the Bronx.
View media item 1920463> every spot on the dyckman strip

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom