NT...help me quit smoking

I've been smoking since I was 13 and my girlfriend has been begging me to stop.  All attempts have been fails and it's almost impossible to handle the withdrawal symptoms (i.e. headaches, anxiety, etc.) The most I've quit was probably a month and there's always one party where I must take that cigarette with my drink.  I'm in college and there's almost no good time to quit since tests and quizzes are always popping up and I smoke as a form of stress relief.  Online resources aren't very helpful and telling me that I have $+%#$+ up lungs and I'm going to have cancer really isn't going to sway me. 

Just need help, fam. It sucks that I keep promising my girl I'll quit and then break it a few days later.

Any and all advice will be listened to.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

I've been smoking since I was 13 and my girlfriend has been begging me to stop.  All attempts have been fails and it's almost impossible to handle the withdrawal symptoms (i.e. headaches, anxiety, etc.) The most I've quit was probably a month and there's always one party where I must take that cigarette with my drink.  I'm in college and there's almost no good time to quit since tests and quizzes are always popping up and I smoke as a form of stress relief.  Online resources aren't very helpful and telling me that I have $+%#$+ up lungs and I'm going to have cancer really isn't going to sway me. 

Just need help, fam. It sucks that I keep promising my girl I'll quit and then break it a few days later.

Any and all advice will be listened to.

grin.gif

No offense, but if the health risks aren't incentive enough, what is someone telling you gonna do. 

I've never been a smoker, so I don't understand it, but just quit, rough it out.

None taken.  I was just thinking if someone has any experience quitting and if they can give me insight on how to cope with withdrawals or some easier methods to quit.

I'm 26 years old and quit cold turkey this past September. I was a smoker since I was 17.
Do you ever get to a point where you don't want to smoke or have had enough cigarettes for the day? Are you a chain smoker or the type to light up whenever a given chance? IMO, in your situation being a student, you aren't going to quit. Just the freedom of partying, drinking, and smoking cigarettes have become the norm for you. Until you realize for yourself that you want to quit that's when you will. Stop making excuses and I literally laughed when I read the second sentence. It's almost as if you've "given up on giving up" and have an excuse to light up.
The advice I can offer you is find that switch inside your head and turn it to "off". You've had a choice everytime you bought a pack and lit a cigarette. You've been saying yes since you were 13. You will get cancer or bronchitis and when that time comes, don't use it as an excuse to quit.

There are a few options

-Avoid drinking, or anything habits that you associate with smoking
-Nicotine patch
-Bupropion (I recommend this, it's worked for many people I know)
-No matter which option you choose it's going to take goal setting and will power

Set a time frame for quitting, give it up for two weeks and then reward yourself with a cig. Progress by weeks and then months and then years
and your habit should be broken, I also second avoiding habits that you associate with smoking. I hope this works

E-CIG!

seriously. its not quite the same as smoking but its close enough in terms of how it feels going down (and also the nicotine intake).

plus side, no stinky smokers breath, no stinky clothes, no having to go outside to smoke (unless you already smoke inside and have smoke stuck to the walls of your house).

u can control the level of nicotine with the cartridges that you buy. slowly start to ween yourself off of it by reducing the nicotine level you are intaking until you are no longer dependent on it.

added bonus. if you are in CA and have a med card, you can get THC cartridges that are virtually odorless. Me and my brother were at Staples Center to catch the Laker game on Xmas and he was just chillin gettin faded and no one was the wiser.

get and E-cig. it worked for me. I smoked that thing for a couple months and put that down after not needing it anymore. You have to be ready and want to quit. I tried a bunch of times with no success. Good luck

you smell and youre teeth are yellow.

imagine the years youve coulda had not smelly and white teeth.

youre old.

If you want to really quit, you'll quit.

you are trying to quit for the wrong reasons.

Don't do it for anyone, if you quit you do it for yourself.

also needing to quit. smoked about 10-15 a day.

started to log when i had my cigarettes over the day, and gradually cut out 1-2 or so, and now im down to 7 a day.

Planning on being smoke free by summer. just trying to cut htem down 1 by 1 per week, until im smoke free.

good luck

Originally Posted by DJMano34

If you want to really quit, you'll quit.

you are trying to quit for the wrong reasons.

Don't do it for anyone, if you quit you do it for yourself.
/thread

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

added bonus. if you are in CA and have a med card, you can get THC cartridges that are virtually odorless. Me and my brother were at Staples Center to catch the Laker game on Xmas and he was just chillin gettin faded and no one was the wiser.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

BLASPHEMY

I need to move to Cali and start a new life 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

BLASPHEMY

I need to move to Cali and start a new life 
30t6p3b.gif
+1

Back
Top Bottom