NT Home Owners....quick question...

When you purchased your home how much did you have saved up for the down payment and how much did you have after the down payment? I ask because I am going to purchase a home in a couple years and I'm curious to know how people go about doing this. Technically I have enough for a 20% down payment but I would not have much in savings plus I don't have enough credit history to be approved for a home loan.

When you purchased your home how much did you have saved up for the down payment and how much did you have after the down payment? I ask because I am going to purchase a home in a couple years and I'm curious to know how people go about doing this. Technically I have enough for a 20% down payment but I would not have much in savings plus I don't have enough credit history to be approved for a home loan.

You can get prequalified based on purchase prices and amount down. I did 5% in 2007 for my condo on a non-FHA loan. Now obviously standards are stricter but your best bet is to go and talk to a banker/broker. FHA loans are still around 3% down I think

You can get prequalified based on purchase prices and amount down. I did 5% in 2007 for my condo on a non-FHA loan. Now obviously standards are stricter but your best bet is to go and talk to a banker/broker. FHA loans are still around 3% down I think

My goal is to have the monthly come to no higher than $1200 so that is why I'm shooting for that 20% on the dp.

My goal is to have the monthly come to no higher than $1200 so that is why I'm shooting for that 20% on the dp.

Well ultimately the principal you take on will dictate that. You may be able to spend less, put down less and be around your target etc

Well ultimately the principal you take on will dictate that. You may be able to spend less, put down less and be around your target etc

savings and downpayment are the same thing. there's no point to holding on to some savings (for the purposes of the loan), as long as there's a reliable and steady source of income.

savings and downpayment are the same thing. there's no point to holding on to some savings (for the purposes of the loan), as long as there's a reliable and steady source of income.

house cost $195K (back in '07). i only put down $10K, so my loan was $185K.

if you can afford 20%, you will avoid mortgage insurance, which is nice.

house cost $195K (back in '07). i only put down $10K, so my loan was $185K.

if you can afford 20%, you will avoid mortgage insurance, which is nice.

it is nice, but if you can' get the 20% not really needed...

i put down 3.5% i think around $8.5K...monthly payment if $1349 i think.....

it is nice, but if you can' get the 20% not really needed...

i put down 3.5% i think around $8.5K...monthly payment if $1349 i think.....

I'm always looking ahead though....I 'd prefer to have approx 20-30k aside for my side projects. I'm gonna lay down between 40-60k down on the pad...tired of living in a duplex.

I'm always looking ahead though....I 'd prefer to have approx 20-30k aside for my side projects. I'm gonna lay down between 40-60k down on the pad...tired of living in a duplex.

Housing market in L.A. is a b though...from what I can tell nice houses where I'd like to live start at 300k lol SMH.

Housing market in L.A. is a b though...from what I can tell nice houses where I'd like to live start at 300k lol SMH.

ah, that makes it clearer.

talk to a mortgage broker, the more you put down the better. man, LA? try sydney (australia). a good house is about double that. our shoebox sized one bedroom apartment is more that that price you quoted. your current interest rates are a heavenly dream next to ours!

good luck.

ah, that makes it clearer.

talk to a mortgage broker, the more you put down the better. man, LA? try sydney (australia). a good house is about double that. our shoebox sized one bedroom apartment is more that that price you quoted. your current interest rates are a heavenly dream next to ours!

good luck.

My total closing costs was like 4-5 stacks (that INCLUDED the down payment)

I got an FHA-Loan on a foreclosed duplex (dwn payment wasw 3.5%) My mortgage is 1k a month, and although the other side is empty, I'm still great. I put down 20 bucks every month towards principal
ohwell.gif
Not much, but it's something. Hopefully i can get somebody in there though, cuz I charge 850---which, if you do the math, I'm basically only putting 2 hundred something towards my mortgage
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My total closing costs was like 4-5 stacks (that INCLUDED the down payment)

I got an FHA-Loan on a foreclosed duplex (dwn payment wasw 3.5%) My mortgage is 1k a month, and although the other side is empty, I'm still great. I put down 20 bucks every month towards principal
ohwell.gif
Not much, but it's something. Hopefully i can get somebody in there though, cuz I charge 850---which, if you do the math, I'm basically only putting 2 hundred something towards my mortgage
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom