NT, how do you deal with finding out your friend stole from you?

I was reminiscing today about how many so called friends I had that ended up betraying, and stealing from me. It got me wondering what actually goes on with their thought process right before they decide to take from their own friend. How do y'all go about reacting to this? Also, two of my close friends are beefing over 200 plus dollars owed, dude showed up at homies parents house the other night at 3 in the morn threatening him and saying he wants his cash back lol sheeesh

Friends that steal from you ain't friends you should keep in your pack. It can come about for many reasons.

Never lend money that you wouldn't mind losing anyways.

Gotta make better friends before they do some real messed up **** down the road.

There's no friendship to be had with people like that. Chalk up the loss, and move on with your life. You can't fix people.

There's no friendship to be had with people like that. Chalk up the loss, and move on with your life. You can't fix people.

That's pretty much it. Any retaliation could land you with an assault charge, just take the L

Side note, I think I'm getting wiser with old age (23). At 18 I would have said find him and whip his *** :lol:

One must understand that even friends can exhibit Machiavellian traits when threatened or insecure. It is quite depressing to think about, but even family can fall prey to envy and jealousy. In my experience self reliance is a useful tool, bureaucracies require allies; but it is best to move in silence even amongst friends. You must learn to be your own father in life and realize autonomy in all its glory. 

Last edited:
I would normally say depending on what was stolen beat the **** out of them and then steal even more from them.

I got one dude in mind I'm just playing the long game with and he's gonna get the beating of a life time and I'll taking back interest on what he stole.

But if you wanna be foul and grimey and get them back, get the cops to charge dude with felony larceny.

However, I will say if you're that rich friend that's pretty douchey and snobbish, kinda buy your friends by letting them mooch food off you the ppl in your circle really aint your friends. They're sticking around until they don't want to no more and are plotting on you the whole time. I've seen it a lot, usually goes down at a party that friend hosts at his place.

You wouldn't believe how many foul dudes will steal from you and then when you realize you got robbed and get angry they'll get angry with you and pretend like they're about to beat somebody up to find who robbed you when it's actually them. It's so much worse when you're a 3rd party and you saw the dude do the stealing.

One must understand that even friends can exhibit Machiavellian traits when threatened or insecure. It is quite depressing to think about, but even family can fall prey to envy and jealousy. In my experience self reliance is a useful tool, bureaucracies require allies; but it is best to move in silence even amongst friends. You must learn to be your own father in life and realize autonomy in all its glory. 
Teach me more stuff like this.

Post of the year.

That really how I've been trying to live my life you just were able to put it in words.

Never lend money>

Depends on the amount. In the words of the great Sonny from a Bronx tale

"Look, it cost you $20 to get rid of him.
He'll never bother you, or ask you for money again.
He's out of your life for $20. You got off cheap, forget it."

Back
Top Bottom