NT how do you guys deal with physical pain?

broke my elbow in 2 places. im having surgery monday.
but i really havent needed to my prescription, until now . and no pharmacy is open this early
cant sleep cant do anythin without it hurting

so my question is how do u guys deal with pain, you guys do anything special?

Originally Posted by potus2028

Vicodin...

yea, i have a prescription for vicodin.but i think its too early to get it filled?
imma go see whts up

I just take the pain, and act like nothing can phase me. Why?, Because "I'm thatman".

Originally Posted by obie21

Originally Posted by potus2028

Vicodin...

yea, i have a prescription for vicodin.but i think its too early to get it filled?
imma go see whts up

most likely you can fill it now. normally you can't until the 31st or 1st of each month

Fill the prescription .

But there's nothing that eases the pain more than sleep . Sleep is the best medicine .

the real question is what do you guys prefer, vicodin or percocet?

oh yea and anybody else think OC's are the most overrated sons of @@$@$%! ever?

I heard Percocet makes you feel loopy and completely out of it. But its damn effective.

How did you break your elbow?

P.S. and to answer the original question of dealing with physical pain without any medication (i think that's what you were wondering considering thepharmacy was closed), I try thinking about something enjoyable - almost removing myself from my body and letting my mind wonder.

Try not to move it. That will just make the pain worse. You probably have a 24 hour pharmacy somewhere near you. Either google online or get the phone book outand start calling the pharmacies in the area. If none of them are open yet, take some ibuprofen to hold you over until they open. Good luck with your surgeryon Monday!

Damn man I feel you on pain.

I've got two chronic dislocated shoulders that kill me, and 1 torn knee with a torn meniscus and another with a torn acl.

At this point if you want pharmacological relief you should take some motrins

Nonpharmacological could be heating pads or any relaxation techniques.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

I heard Percocet makes you feel loopy and completely out of it. But its damn effective.

How did you break your elbow?

P.S. and to answer the original question of dealing with physical pain without any medication (i think that's what you were wondering considering the pharmacy was closed), I try thinking about something enjoyable - almost removing myself from my body and letting my mind wonder.

playing ball went for the dunk. didnt get a good grip on the rim,
my momentum had my swinging . then my fingers slipped ,
tried to break my fall with my arm.

its broken from both sides
indifferent.gif
, must be really messed up. nursetold me itd be at least 27,000 for the surgery
sick.gif

good thing i have insurance

bright nikes - damn, do you still hhave pain in ur shoulders?

I feel ya. Ive broken my elbow 3 times now. The last time was about 6 months ago and I didnt have Insurance. It was tough as hell to go thro that w/o anyPK's but I just tried not to use that side ever. Basically thats how i got over it. That and
pimp.gif
helps

ive never had major physical pain. never been on perks, vicodin. etc. it takes a lot an i mean a lot for me to just take an aspirin or motrin.

to answer your question, sleep.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

ive never had major physical pain. never been on perks, vicodin. etc. it takes a lot an i mean a lot for me to just take an aspirin or motrin.

to answer your question, sleep.
sam here, havent taken any yet

creekshow: is ur elbow 100%? my doc said itd never be back to what it was
frown.gif
, and being athletic thats not what i want to hear

damn bro, id get that precription taken care of.

the best way to relieve your pain is to take the pain killers before the pain arrives (just a little info)

anyways, yeah my shoulders feel like theyre tearing apart, ive had it since my football days, so everytime i lift and play ball gotta ice both of them up.

yah man surgeries r expensive ive had 3 knee surgeries for almost 50k a piece, luckily i got great insurance
eek.gif

ouch homie that's harsh. I haven't really been hurt enough to have to deal with pain for any long period of time but my sister has. Shee had a compoundfracture in her shin while in the army and was in so much pain all the time. No amount of drugs really helped her i guess. Anyways she was telling me that shewent to some type of therapist and the taught her some weird meditation thing where you focus out the pain. Anyways she said that in her mind she would imaginethe pain felling like a fire and she imagined slowly putting cold water on it and it would go away. Sounds really weird but she said it completely worked forher. Maybe you could do some type of therapy.

Originally Posted by mistah majestic

ouch homie that's harsh. I haven't really been hurt enough to have to deal with pain for any long period of time but my sister has. Shee had a compound fracture in her shin while in the army and was in so much pain all the time. No amount of drugs really helped her i guess. Anyways she was telling me that she went to some type of therapist and the taught her some weird meditation thing where you focus out the pain. Anyways she said that in her mind she would imagine the pain felling like a fire and she imagined slowly putting cold water on it and it would go away. Sounds really weird but she said it completely worked for her. Maybe you could do some type of therapy.
that sounds
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom