Nt how do you recover after your CLOSE brother moves out the house?

Valentine day was going good for me. Until I see my sister crying. She then tells me she got the word that my brother is moving out of the house. Long Storyshort, in reality hes my cousin, but my parents adopted him at age 4 because my auntie was a druggie. Ive lived with him 19 years so thats my brother to me andmy sister. He told me hes leaving because my parents treat him different. Its true. They have never treated him or spoiled him like they did to me and mysister. Hes 18 gets $400 checks at his job and my parents ask of him $200. Ive always hated that but was never man enough to say something. i should have actedlike and older brother would.
tired.gif
My mom blames me for him leaving, whenshe doesnt know is her fault.He asked of me to not tell her that its because of her he left. Shes so selfish and always thinks is right. I just hope he comesback home.

For the moment make sure you stay in contact with him and offer nothing but unconditional support (which it sounds like you already will do)

If it makes you feel any better, the only people at home now are my two younger siblings. But we all still support each other. So have each others back andlook out for each other, regardless if he doesn't live at home anymore.

Dang that's sad to hear but you could always ask your mom to offer for him to come back if things aren't working out well and make him pay less ornothing.
Y'all are gonna miss him as soon as he's gone.
That's not too good though to treat him different, I mean if they adopted him then he should be just like you or your sister, blood or not.

Sorry to hear that man
frown.gif
I don't think that's cool how they treated him differently when he was adopted into your household. It's not like peopleforced your parents to do it. If I were you in the situation, I'd man up and speak my opinion. I'd sit down with my mom and just let her know how Ifeel about it.

if i were you, i'd give your parents one hell of a lecture about what they just caused. come on now, they drove him out the house..its time to man up andstand up for him if you consider him your brother.

damn that is sad. id try and talk to your parents and your bro. that's just unfair that your parents treat him differently if they adopted him way back.

You said you lived with him for 19 years, but he's 18 years old. Are you older than dude or younger? Regardless you gotta man up and voice your concerns toyour folk. Also, stay in contact with your bro and let him know you love him and got his back.

I don't see the BIG deal, you make it sound like he died. You can still talk to and visit him right?

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

Originally Posted by SOleILL

Ive lived with him 19 years so thats my brother.....Hes 18 gets $400 checks at his job

Fail?
and he was adopted at 4. i am so confused.
laugh.gif

but regardless you need to man up and takl to your family and keep in contact with your brother.

Originally Posted by Apples28

Ive lived with him 19 years so thats my brother.....Hes 18 gets $400 checks at his job

Fail?
laugh.gif

but regardless you need to man up and takl to your family and keep in contact with your brother.
Here's the math.. he lived with his brother since his bro was born.. 18.898 ~= 19.. Even though his brother is 18, that's practically 19years together if you round off the months.. and at age 4, that's when his bro was technically/legally adopted..

Anyways, that's sad news.. It doesn't sound like your bro's ready to move out on his own.. Maybe you need to have a family sitdown and talk aboutthis.. It's not too late.. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Apples28

Fail?
laugh.gif

And I thought I was good at math.....

It sucks they treated him different, but they still gave him better than he would have had. He's either 18, 19, 22, or 23, so he's at the age wheremost people move out anyway. Just stay in touch and visit him as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom