NT how much do you pay for rent/mortgage monthly?

Originally Posted by Pogiboy67

was paying 3100 oakland ca 1800 sq ft condo.

Where in Oakland? Downtown? That seems super big but the mortgage seems high also for Oakland.

Livin in the Bronx..

Studio Apartment: 900/month with everythin included..however..the studio is as large as some 1 bedroom apartments I have looked at inside of NYC..

Anyone have any experience with renting a house? I've rented apartments, but never a house. Anything I should look out for / ask questions about?

In Nashville. I live on the lake with private cove, pool, 2 car detached garage, breezway, courtyard, 3br,2bth, 2200sqft corner lot on 5 acres.
I pay $1200.

I have honestly been thinking of moving to Phoenix for the past few years. House are nice for the price and the city is dope IMO.

$619 a month in Bushwick Brooklyn. area is on the comeup so this is super cheap for a studio. 24hr security.

$50 a month or so in Elcetricity. $70 a month for internet, phone, and cable

I feel like a king.

$1042 for a 1700 sq ft 3 bed 2.5 bath town house in Charleston, SC. Looking to sell it. I want something a bit bigger.

625 for a downtown spot in minneapolis. It's pretty old but a prime location and I love it.

Anyone renting a place with lead based paint? is it that dangerous?

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by nuggets

$2900/mo

european luxury condo in wicker pk chicago, 2 blocks from st. Alfred...3br/3ba...3 floors, waterfall shower and separate jacuzzi tub in my bedroom
Wow. What do you do for a living if you don't me asking?

What does what he does have to do with this thread or what he posted for that matter?

$250/month (Utilities incl.)
2BR 1 Bath
Morgantown

I wanted to move to NYC but sweet jesus @ some of the prices. Need to fill out graduate school apps pronto.

I stay here: http://www.easton-commons.com/ (Easton Commons in Columbus, Ohio)

1.jpg

6.jpg

2BR/2BA and our rent is $1185. My roommate and I are both in grad school at Ohio State and we're both fully funded with stipend so pretty much OSU covers the bill indirectly.

The location is about 15 minutes from campus, close to all the shops, restaurants, theaters, etc. We were sold on the location but the now the drive to campus everyday = 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

We're giving up this lifestyle to live closer to school once our lease is up.
tired.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

625 for a downtown spot in minneapolis. It's pretty old but a prime location and I love it.
mad.gif
 I miss Minneapolis rent.  I used to have a 12th floor studio overlooking downtown right on Loring Park for $650.  Right now my girl and I have a studio in Manhattan for $1650, but we're moving back to Los Angeles on March 1st, hoping to find a place for closer to $1,000.

$775 for 3 bedrooms in Chicago. Mother-In-Law owns the building and lives on the 1st floor.  We're looking to move to something much bigger this year.  We've ran out of space unfortunately 
tired.gif

990 1br ... in the south of brooklyn though
30t6p3b.gif
... takes forever to get to the city

apt is nice, good size ...

broker fee
indifferent.gif
@ me ... 900 security deposit also

can't do roomates

I have a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment, this is my first place an I'm lovin it so far, good size too. My rent should be 900 a month but I only pay 500. I ditched females an I'm livin that bodybuilder life for real, my life is food and gym right now, o and sleep, I been sleepin great. I wanna move to NY, CA, or FL in a year or 2. Will see, cuz I'm tryna get a new Audi or BMW soon, I don't need to but c'mon we all love cars on NT. O yea I'm a very active person too, so I'm never home besides breakfast and sleep, I don't have cable or internet I go to my OG house across town for that if I need an NBA playoffs and such. I said to myself one of my goals this year is to read, read lots. If it wasn't for NT I'd be out the loop, so thank you NT.

I pay $956 for a 2 br 1 ba townhouse in Chicago...I took equity out of it when I bought in 07, so the mortgage is higher than it should be.

Your friend should charge you a security deposit. Living with friends is very tough. If one of you lose your job or just flake off, he will have to make that up himself and the relationship will be damaged.

I don't know anything about MA, but 700 including your utilities does not sound that bad. If you're not feeling it, don't do it!

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

FYI - for those of you living in bigger cities who see the prices of large, nice, cheaper homes in "the sticks" and get tempted to move there, remember that everything is relative, including salary. So, when you see how much somebody is paying to live in a suburb in Ohio and you're from NYC and you think to yourself, you can live like a king there, that's not necessarily the case because most likely whatever salary you make for your current job in NY, SF, CHI, etc. is not what the same job pays in that rural suburb.

Also, remember other associated costs with living, including property taxes for those who buy. Those rates vary widely as well. Plus, consider that when you live, say, in NYC, you don't need to own a car if you don't want one or can't afford one. However, if you live in a rural suburb, a car is pretty much a necessary living expense.

Unless you get lucky like some of my coworkers.  I have 3 coworkers who used to live here in LA (where the office is) but then moved out of state.  We let them stay on and work remotely from their homes.  1 lives in Charlotte, another in Dallas, and the 3rd in Fort Worth.  They still make the same pay they did when they were here.  They get to live like kings.

back on topic

I live in Playa Vista, CA.  2bd/3ba 1600 sq ft condo.

I recently refi'd to 4.25% a couple months back and now my mortgage is $1,950/mo.  Before it was around $2,200/mo.  I get dinged in other ways though.  I pay 2 HOA's, one for my building ($430/mo) and one for my community ($210).  I also have to pay Mella-Roos since it is a fairly new community.  My prop tax bill is a shade over $9K/yr.  FML

I pay $700-1000 /month for rent in virginia beach, 4br 2.5 bath & I live with Parents. Total rent is $1400. I pull my weight, unfortunately someone else isn't.

Back
Top Bottom