NT, how much do you think I can get for my laptop? (Fellow comp heads enter)

thebachellor

Banned
NO, this is not a selling post... so don't lock.

Fed up with my laptop. It's the second time that the graphics card has failed, an issue that Sony has finally admitted occurs in some of their models.

No, i'm not looking to sell a broken product. I have a 2 year warranty and have called them up... the box for me to ship the laptop will be in my handsMonday. They're going to replace the chip with a new (non-defective) equivalent.

I'd rather just sell this one and put the rest of the money up for a new computer. It's getting a bit outdated for my needs anyway.

So, how much do you think I could sell it for? I'm thinking at least $600-700 dollars

Specs:

Display: 17-inch 1920x1200 resolution WUXGA display
Graphics Card: GeForce 7600 Go Gt (527 Video RAM)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T700 (2.0 GHz)
Hard Drive: 160 GB 5400 RPM RAID 0 array (two hard drives of 80 GB each arranged in a way that it is closer to a 7200 RPM machine)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (Can hold a maximum of 2 GB)
Disk Drive: DVD -RW capable of writing to double layer DVDs

Oh, did I mention it's a Vaio (the top of the line when I got it 2 years ago)?

Also has: Memory card reader, S-Video out, and lots of other stuff. Look here for the full list of things (and for a picture of the laptop): http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/VGNAR370CTO_mksp.pdf

In addition, i'll transfer what's left of the 2-year warranty (a little more than a year left) over to the new owner. Does this add value?

What would be the highest price I could sell this baby for?

Once I read

how much do you think I could sell it for? I'm thinking at least $600-700 dollars

Display: 17-inch 1920x1200 resolution WUXGA display
Graphics Card: GeForce 7600 Go Gt (527 Video RAM)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T700 (2.0 GHz)
Hard Drive: 160 GB 5400 RPM RAID 0 array (two hard drives of 80 GB each arranged in a way that it is closer to a 7200 RPM machine)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (Can hold a maximum of 2 GB)
Disk Drive: DVD -RW capable of writing to double layer DVDs

WTH are you thinking? you can get a computer 3x better with the same money

You don't know what you're talking about.

It's a laptop. You show me a laptop with greater specs in all those areas (let alone one "3 times better") for $600. Go ahead, i'm waiting.If you didn't know, laptops inferior to desktop PCs with better specs cost MORE because of the parts used to make them (and the mobility they offer).

Oh, did I mention it's a Vaio (the top of the line when I got it 2 years ago)?

as if anyone cares its a crappy %%@ Vaio....
laugh.gif
at u addingthat in there as if thats some major selling point...child please..... dont got a mac?? then yns...

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

You don't know what you're talking about.

It's a laptop. You show me a laptop with greater specs in all those areas (let alone one "3 times better") for $600. Go ahead, i'm waiting. If you didn't know, laptops inferior to desktop PCs with better specs cost MORE because of the parts used to make them (and the mobility they offer).

Your laptop would have been fairly decent about a year and a half ago. Now, I'd say $550 would be pushing it. The hard drive capacity is low compared tosome newer models. 2gb of ram is also considered low, even in laptops these days. I'd say the biggest selling points are the dedicated graphics, processor,and resolution, but the graphics is on par with some models with better specs at around $600. heres one:http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16834152131 sure, it's not a raid 0 array,but it will be lighter, and that's a selling point as well. I'd try your luck at $600 or so, but the age of the laptop is shown with it's limitedmemory upgrade capabilites and its low hdd capacity.

dude. i just picked up a lenovo with much better specs for 600 brand new like 5 months ago.
you'd be lucky to get 450 for it.

yeah 450-475 sounds reasonable now. If u get a junkie to look into it u might just make ya money back.

what if i tried selling my year old Dell with 64 bit Vista:

Display: 15.4"
Graphics Card: ??????????
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.10 GHz
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Memory: 4 GB
Disk Drive: can burn dvds and stuff

Back
Top Bottom