laugh.gif
#^#%^ this pic caught me off guard
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

lol thats funny.
You said you were from Boston if I remember..

One of my best friends, from boston, also Cape Verdean, and he can't swim either 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
We are probably related. give me a name and how old they are and i can tell you.

I almost drowned in the 3feet when i was first learning. My uncle taught me the dog paddle then i kind of learned on my own after the almost drowning incident.

Checking in. Can't swim either.

I am currently trying to come up with a "Bucket-Kicker List" where I come up with 100 things that may or may not kill me, but I would like to try before I die. One of them is learn to swim.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

The key to learning to swim, is to overcome the drowning fear. When a kid learns they don't really think about that, but for an adult its tough. You have to learn, how to stablize the air pressure in your nose, so water doesn't shoot up. Once you do that, your body will relax, and you'll be able to focus on learning how to float. Humans naturally are buoyant in the ocean bc of the salt, but pools n lakes we sink a lil. Next you have to learn to tread water, and you do that by, kicking your legs in a rhythmic pattern, and that will keep you above water, once you put that all together you can just kick your legs and use your arms like a frog, an glide thru the water. and you can swim the same way underwater. Don't worry about learning, traditional strokes, like freestyle, back, butterfly etc. As long as you can glide thru the water you're good.
hmm

I freak out when my heads underwater I need to get over that . thread has inspired me to learn to swim
pimp.gif

Don't waste your time learning how to swim. Just buy the inflatable floaties that go on your arms. Not only will you pull mad girls, but you will not have to be the only adult in a children's swimming course.

dang. i remember not knowing how to swim but i went to the pool everyday and the beach every week and taught myself

Can't remember a time when I couldn't swim. I love to swim, whether it's oceans, lake, pool. Watersports in the summer...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
OP learning is totally worth it, bleedat

INS wrote:
So i grew up in the city and never learned how to swim. 
My bros and I are going on a trip to Jersey post graduation and we are going to a lake house. 

Is there anything you recommend/ places i should go like the YMCA to learn how to swim. 

Mind you i have like two weeks until the trip.

laugh.gif
.. Im Not Swimming?

When I was 3 my mom had a bronze medalist from the Olympics teach me how to swim. Dude just threw me in the deep end.
30t6p3b.gif
That's how I learned.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

The best way is to ask one of your friends who knows how, to teach you.  My friend taught me when I was a kid and it took like 10 minutes to learn.  As long as you know how to hold your breath underwater, then you should be good.
laugh.gif
 Yeah right. I took 3 week lessons at my community pool and still didn't learn. 

suprised at how many dont know how
might be hard to learn in such a short time period

just thrash your limbs about. If it comes to the worst curl up into a ball and you'll float
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom