NT, I got a red light ticket today, can i fight it? Vol. How do I not pay this?

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

My last red light ticket from San Diego was $560
30t6p3b.gif

i got pics, a video, and URL of the play by play on how I crossed the red light. no way of me fighting it, according to the timer...6 secs has gone by after the light turned red. i spent over $600 because of the traffic school and processing fees.

CA DMV FTL
This. If the red light violation was good enough to send to your door, more often than not it'll be unbeatable... I'm still baffled by them being $5-600 each though. I'm not sure if there's some sort scale (higher fees for people who run later) or if it's just different by city.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Do you have any reading comprehension skills whatsoever? I have had family hit my red light runners--I have been hit by them, too--never by marginal light runners. It's always by people with reckless disregard for traffic laws. Come down from your high horse. It's people like you--people who find intelligent communication impossible--who make the world difficult by not being able to comprehend a single idea that another person is posing to you.
Yellow means yield, by the way, not stop. Depending on your rate of speed and the distance you are from the intersection, it is actually safer for you to run the light by a fraction of a second than attempt to slam on your breaks and stop before the intersection because you may cause the person behind you to hit you or--more likely than not--you may end up stopped in the middle of the intersection. However, I'm sure since you're an obvious driving expert you have already given those ideas thought before coming down on every other rational driver on here who has had to make a split second decision for the safety of themselves and those around them, right?
im no driving expert, but at least im not as dumb as you who has had accidents caused by driving through red lights, yet you still seem to act like driving through a red light is not an issue. shows how intelligent you are. besides, yellow does mean stop. unless you are going too fast or if the person behind you is going too fast. the way you explain it is, green means go, and so does yellow, only you have to look. wrong. yellow means, stop or slow down. not punch it..thinking you'll be able to make it before it turns red. and the way you talk, driving through red doesnt matter right?

trust me, it's not people like me. it's people like you, that cause accidents. to always come up with your own rules while driving. do you feel special or something that other than you everyone else has to follow the rules? the fact that you even argue this, when you know you are wrong, and also to even think it is normal to request a reduction in the ticket you just received by your own stupidity. that's really sad. you make a mistake, run a red light, you should know you'll get a ticket. but then again, you obviously are not intelligent to understand. i bet you are also one of those drivers that even after a couple of drinks, still thinks he can drive like he's sober. that's fine, go do your thing.. you'll learn sooner or later
You obviously don't have ANY reading comprehension skills. I said my loved ones and I have been hit my red-light-running drivers... Not that I have ever hit anybody from doing so. I would repeat myself and explain that I only got tickets from barely catching a split second of a red light from encountering a short yellow light, but I just quoted it above so you can reread it at your convenience.
Do you realize what the word "yield" meant in context of me explaining it as the meaning of a yellow light? That it means to prepare for a red and decide if you can make it or if you should stop? We actually agreed on the meaning of a yellow light, but you labeled at as another "stop" light while I termed it--correctly--as a "yield" light... this, too, makes me question your reading comprehension skills.

Yes, my son, I'm not intelligent enough to understand that I get tickets for running red lights. That's why I'm in law school and graduated college with honors. I get tickets--lots of people do--and I own up to them and pay them or do whatever the punishment may entail. Once again, if you read my replies I never said I look for a way out of my tickets. I like how you assume that I am drunk driver simply because I have received tickets driving while sober... you really don't have many logical thoughts, do you?

Would I be accurate if I guessed that you're between 12-15 years old and have had a bad experience with somebody running a red light and getting into an accident with a loved one of yours?

okay, you're right. cause you graduated law school with honors. but then again, im not the one wasting money by paying tickets that arent even worth paying for.and no im not between the age of 12 - 15, im probably older than you. i just cant stand people that do something wrong and then complain about it, because in their eyes they are right. why do you think you get a ticket?

but thats fine, you're right.. just keep paying them tickets brah

Do you have any reading comprehension skills whatsoever? I have had family hit my red light runners--I have been hit by them, too--never by marginal light runners. It's always by people with reckless disregard for traffic laws. Come down from your high horse. It's people like you--people who find intelligent communication impossible--who make the world difficult by not being able to comprehend a single idea that another person is posing to you.
Yellow means yield, by the way, not stop. Depending on your rate of speed and the distance you are from the intersection, it is actually safer for you to run the light by a fraction of a second than attempt to slam on your breaks and stop before the intersection because you may cause the person behind you to hit you or--more likely than not--you may end up stopped in the middle of the intersection. However, I'm sure since you're an obvious driving expert you have already given those ideas thought before coming down on every other rational driver on here who has had to make a split second decision for the safety of themselves and those around them, right?
im no driving expert, but at least im not as dumb as you who has had accidents caused by driving through red lights, yet you still seem to act like driving through a red light is not an issue. shows how intelligent you are. besides, yellow does mean stop. unless you are going too fast or if the person behind you is going too fast. the way you explain it is, green means go, and so does yellow, only you have to look. wrong. yellow means, stop or slow down. not punch it..thinking you'll be able to make it before it turns red. and the way you talk, driving through red doesnt matter right?

trust me, it's not people like me. it's people like you, that cause accidents. to always come up with your own rules while driving. do you feel special or something that other than you everyone else has to follow the rules? the fact that you even argue this, when you know you are wrong, and also to even think it is normal to request a reduction in the ticket you just received by your own stupidity. that's really sad. you make a mistake, run a red light, you should know you'll get a ticket. but then again, you obviously are not intelligent to understand. i bet you are also one of those drivers that even after a couple of drinks, still thinks he can drive like he's sober. that's fine, go do your thing.. you'll learn sooner or later
You obviously don't have ANY reading comprehension skills. I said my loved ones and I have been hit my red-light-running drivers... Not that I have ever hit anybody from doing so. I would repeat myself and explain that I only got tickets from barely catching a split second of a red light from encountering a short yellow light, but I just quoted it above so you can reread it at your convenience.
Do you realize what the word "yield" meant in context of me explaining it as the meaning of a yellow light? That it means to prepare for a red and decide if you can make it or if you should stop? We actually agreed on the meaning of a yellow light, but you labeled at as another "stop" light while I termed it--correctly--as a "yield" light... this, too, makes me question your reading comprehension skills.

Yes, my son, I'm not intelligent enough to understand that I get tickets for running red lights. That's why I'm in law school and graduated college with honors. I get tickets--lots of people do--and I own up to them and pay them or do whatever the punishment may entail. Once again, if you read my replies I never said I look for a way out of my tickets. I like how you assume that I am drunk driver simply because I have received tickets driving while sober... you really don't have many logical thoughts, do you?

Would I be accurate if I guessed that you're between 12-15 years old and have had a bad experience with somebody running a red light and getting into an accident with a loved one of yours?

okay, you're right. cause you graduated law school with honors. but then again, im not the one wasting money by paying tickets that arent even worth paying for.and no im not between the age of 12 - 15, im probably older than you. i just cant stand people that do something wrong and then complain about it, because in their eyes they are right. why do you think you get a ticket?

all of you are some irresonsible idiots who shouldnt even be driving, think it's some kind of game? not only do you put yourself in danger but you put other innocent people in danger too.. who cares if you wanna die and not follow the rules.. but dont put other people in danger.. lock this thread.. stupid $%% selfish people who have no sense of responsibility
You mad? "Running a red light" doesn't mean that somebody just takes total disregard for traffic laws. A short yellow light could unexpectedly cause somebody to run a red light that normally wouldn't have been red at that time--which accounts for the vast majority of the red light camera tickets given. The lights are usually timed so that there is a delay between one way turning red and the opposite way turning green. So these slight missteps in timing the length of a yellow light aren't putting people in danger.
If it were all people just doing as they pleased and running red lights at will with no regard for anybody's safety, that would be one thing. You seem to just be a prick who likes to pass judgement before considering any facts at all though.
oh really? you are driving through a red light and you are still trying to convice people it is okay? right... let's just hope that no one that you know and love will get hit by a car that went through a red light.. cause i think you'll feel different about it.. traffic rules are simple. red is stop, yellow is stop, unless you have no other choice, green is go.. not that hard now is it?. it's people like you that make it difficult, by making their own rules..

and PROPER ENGLISH... dude you are a complete idiot. +@*% happens? call me when you get into a wreck or one of your loved ones did cause someone ran a red light... +@*% doesnt have to happen if some of you had a sense of responsibility.. you think driving a car is a right? you moron, it's a privilege..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

all of you are some irresonsible idiots who shouldnt even be driving, think it's some kind of game? not only do you put yourself in danger but you put other innocent people in danger too.. who cares if you wanna die and not follow the rules.. but dont put other people in danger.. lock this thread.. stupid $%% selfish people who have no sense of responsibility
You mad? "Running a red light" doesn't mean that somebody just takes total disregard for traffic laws. A short yellow light could unexpectedly cause somebody to run a red light that normally wouldn't have been red at that time--which accounts for the vast majority of the red light camera tickets given. The lights are usually timed so that there is a delay between one way turning red and the opposite way turning green. So these slight missteps in timing the length of a yellow light aren't putting people in danger.
If it were all people just doing as they pleased and running red lights at will with no regard for anybody's safety, that would be one thing. You seem to just be a prick who likes to pass judgement before considering any facts at all though.
oh really? you are driving through a red light and you are still trying to convice people it is okay? right... let's just hope that no one that you know and love will get hit by a car that went through a red light.. cause i think you'll feel different about it.. traffic rules are simple. red is stop, yellow is stop, unless you have no other choice, green is go.. not that hard now is it?. it's people like you that make it difficult, by making their own rules..

and PROPER ENGLISH... dude you are a complete idiot. +@*% happens? call me when you get into a wreck or one of your loved ones did cause someone ran a red light... +@*% doesnt have to happen if some of you had a sense of responsibility.. you think driving a car is a right? you moron, it's a privilege..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You do realize that "I'm in law school and graduated college with honors" =/= "you graduated law school with honors," right? I guessed that age range (12-15) based off your demonstrated reading comprehension skills... 
So these tickets that are for people doing something that you are obviously so passionate against "aren't even worth paying for"?

FTR, I'm not pro-reckless driving at all. I'm simply saying that sometimes--and in most cases of red light ticket issuances--people overestimate the length of time they'll get from a yellow light and run a red by a fraction of a second. This causes them to "run a red light" but it is not increasing the danger to anybody because nearly every intersection's traffic lights are timed with a delay between directions so that when one turns red the opposing direction doesn't immediately turn green... usually done to account for the fact that human error is common in humans and that some people may need that extra 1-2 second grace period to safely pass through the intersection.

You do realize that "I'm in law school and graduated college with honors" =/= "you graduated law school with honors," right? I guessed that age range (12-15) based off your demonstrated reading comprehension skills... 
So these tickets that are for people doing something that you are obviously so passionate against "aren't even worth paying for"?

FTR, I'm not pro-reckless driving at all. I'm simply saying that sometimes--and in most cases of red light ticket issuances--people overestimate the length of time they'll get from a yellow light and run a red by a fraction of a second. This causes them to "run a red light" but it is not increasing the danger to anybody because nearly every intersection's traffic lights are timed with a delay between directions so that when one turns red the opposing direction doesn't immediately turn green... usually done to account for the fact that human error is common in humans and that some people may need that extra 1-2 second grace period to safely pass through the intersection.

okay, but you're right. im not paying for no idiot traffic tickets. besides you're bragging how intelligent you are, you can obviously afford paying them, so keep on doing that

okay, but you're right. im not paying for no idiot traffic tickets. besides you're bragging how intelligent you are, you can obviously afford paying them, so keep on doing that

I didn't bother reading through the whole thread but it may have already been posted. Depending on your state, I live in NYC, theres an option online to plead guilty and it usually reduces the fine. Hope that helps.

(1) The yellow light "timer" depends on the speed limit on the area.  I dont remember the exact numbers but the faster the speed limit the longer the yellow should be.  At the same time, "according" to my traffic school instructor (he's used to a traffic judge), if you crossed the imaginary line/plane on a yellow, you won't get a ticket.  In Cali, sensors are in place and even if you stop beyond that "line", it will still take your picture or a video and the DMV will still send you a ticket.  It just depends on what city you are in and prices vary as well.  I just happened to get caught in Downtown San Diego.
mad.gif

(2) Yes, you're right...driving through a red light is wrong.  There's no arguing there.  We get penalized for it for a reason.  At the same time, not everyone does in purpose and not everyone will cross that plane with no disregard to anyones safety.  Everyone has a reason why they do things - some one might be in hurry or in an emergency, but it still doesnt make it right.  I'm not saying its ok, but there are time where you just cant avoid it and a $500 ticket might mean nothing at the time.   

On my case, I crossed that red light because I was in idiot, I was in the car with my brother and we were arguing about something stupid.  I stopped a little too late and creeped beyod the line.  It took my picture, it was clear...so I said eff it and crossed anyways.  I just didn't know it was going to be that much.. 
sick.gif
  if my dumb $#% would've just stayed put and slowly backed up - I couldve fought the ticket.  I took the L and moved on.  I'm actually traumatized from that experience and got rid of that "go faster" on yellow light mentality.  Traffic tickets in CA are no joke. 

****San Diego County makes millions from traffic cameras alone every year, CA as a state makes billions from traffic tickets, so  I still don't understand how we're broke. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

Funny how you guys are talking about this. On my way back home from the club last night, I was in dead stop traffic and got stuck in the middle of the intersection cause of some dumb dude that cut in front of me. I was in the middle when my light turned red and the camera went off on me. I'm really hoping I don't get a ticket, because that would be straight BS. I was in San Francisco too.
You're Cali...call/contact Mr. Ticket.  He might be able to help you out.  He got one of my homies from work out of his ticket, dude got caught with a "speedometer camera" in AZ.  I guess it was something new.  I've never heard of them before. but he was going 78 in a 65 MPH zone.  We were discussing that in traffic school and we were told that they are planning on installing them along side the red light cameras in CA.  So if you decided to "go faster" on yellow, you'll get the ticket in the mail.  It just shows that CA is hungry. 
laugh.gif

(1) The yellow light "timer" depends on the speed limit on the area.  I dont remember the exact numbers but the faster the speed limit the longer the yellow should be.  At the same time, "according" to my traffic school instructor (he's used to a traffic judge), if you crossed the imaginary line/plane on a yellow, you won't get a ticket.  In Cali, sensors are in place and even if you stop beyond that "line", it will still take your picture or a video and the DMV will still send you a ticket.  It just depends on what city you are in and prices vary as well.  I just happened to get caught in Downtown San Diego.
mad.gif

(2) Yes, you're right...driving through a red light is wrong.  There's no arguing there.  We get penalized for it for a reason.  At the same time, not everyone does in purpose and not everyone will cross that plane with no disregard to anyones safety.  Everyone has a reason why they do things - some one might be in hurry or in an emergency, but it still doesnt make it right.  I'm not saying its ok, but there are time where you just cant avoid it and a $500 ticket might mean nothing at the time.   

On my case, I crossed that red light because I was in idiot, I was in the car with my brother and we were arguing about something stupid.  I stopped a little too late and creeped beyod the line.  It took my picture, it was clear...so I said eff it and crossed anyways.  I just didn't know it was going to be that much.. 
sick.gif
  if my dumb $#% would've just stayed put and slowly backed up - I couldve fought the ticket.  I took the L and moved on.  I'm actually traumatized from that experience and got rid of that "go faster" on yellow light mentality.  Traffic tickets in CA are no joke. 

****San Diego County makes millions from traffic cameras alone every year, CA as a state makes billions from traffic tickets, so  I still don't understand how we're broke. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

Funny how you guys are talking about this. On my way back home from the club last night, I was in dead stop traffic and got stuck in the middle of the intersection cause of some dumb dude that cut in front of me. I was in the middle when my light turned red and the camera went off on me. I'm really hoping I don't get a ticket, because that would be straight BS. I was in San Francisco too.
You're Cali...call/contact Mr. Ticket.  He might be able to help you out.  He got one of my homies from work out of his ticket, dude got caught with a "speedometer camera" in AZ.  I guess it was something new.  I've never heard of them before. but he was going 78 in a 65 MPH zone.  We were discussing that in traffic school and we were told that they are planning on installing them along side the red light cameras in CA.  So if you decided to "go faster" on yellow, you'll get the ticket in the mail.  It just shows that CA is hungry. 
laugh.gif

I didn't bother reading through the whole thread but it may have already been posted. Depending on your state, I live in NYC, theres an option online to plead guilty and it usually reduces the fine. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom