NT I got scammed!

Last night, we went to a club in downtown Atlanta that was charging everyone $20 to park. We paid they attendant and he gave us a receipt to put in our window with the written time we paid on it. We put it on the front dash and go inside and have a good time for a few hours only to come back out and find not one, but two boots on each of our front tires! There was the usual notice on the driver's window saying we'd been booted and had the company's info and the number to call to get it removed. I called the number and the "boot guy" drove over from the other side of the parking lot and after I explained our case, he flat out to me it'd still be $75 to get off because he didn't see it and we could've gotten from someone leaving the lot. I've never been so livid in my life. In addition to wrongfully booting us, there were about 8 other cars who were in the same boat. After we all argued with the boot guy to no avail, we decided to call the police to let them handle what I was sure was and illegal immobilization of our cars. WRONG! The police showed up only to inform us that there was nothing that they could do because this was in fact a civil case which is bs. After a couple hours of arguing with the boot guy, the lot emptied and we all one by one ended up paying the scam artist $75 so we could leave.

My question to the esteemed women and gentlemen of NT is if anyone has ever been in a similar situation and successfully been refunded the money. I refuse to stand idly by and perpetuate a scam by funding it. Any and all help is appreciated.

*CLIFFS*
Went to the club and paid $20 for parking
Came out at the end of the night with two boots on the car
The "boot guy" told us he couldn't see our decal and that we could've gotten it drone someone leaving
Several others were in the same position and we collectively called the police
Police told us they couldn't do anything because it was a civil case
We all ended up paying the scam artist booting company $75 to get our cars released
I feel played and want to get my money back

looks like you better take them to courtedit: and did you talk to the guy you actually bought the parking ticket from?

same $%!* happened to me in december. went to three shows in a row at the tabernacle and got booted three nights in a row. the first two nights i ended up having to pay it -____- but the third night i made sure i had my receipt so they would not pull that bs again. im pretty sure if you take it up with the booting company and have your receipt they will reimburse you

DAMN SON, naw b. nawww thats extra GRIMEY! thats a nice little scam. quick 500 a night. i think i like that

DAMNNNNNNNNNN.....

you shouldve put the cliff notes first.....

i read all that for nothing.

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

DAMNNNNNNNNNN.....

you shouldve put the cliff notes first.....

i read all that for nothing.
Cliffs come last.... welcome to NT

Back
Top Bottom