NT, I need a watch.

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never owned a grown man's watch. Tell me your suggestions.

Some things to keep in mind:

I work in a kitchen. Durability and dependability are musts.

Limit is 1k.

sponge bob joints are fire. They where limited to 400 world wide but I can hook it up for 500 hit me.

are you sure you wanna wear a "grown man's watch" while working in the kitchen? I'm sure it'd get banged around quite abit and youdon't wanna ruin a 1k watch, do you?

u dont need a 1K+ watch yet, maybe g-shock for work, and a 1K watch for goin out?

Man, if you're a cook I'd go with an inexpensive but durable Casio or Timex for work. Timex actually makes some pretty sharp chronograph watches forabout $60. You'll still have well over $900 left, and that's more than enough to get a killer Movado or something like that for when you're notworking. Just my $0.02.

Seriously, go to a skate shop and look up watches. Nixon, Vestial, and GShock have good daily use watches and some higher end ones that look good but don'tgot over $1,000 so you can still beat it up in the kitchen.

I want a watch, too. I've been thinking about getting a Tag for a very long time. Hopefully I can cop one some time soon.

dont cop the sundial. cop one of these
pimp.gif

dora_AMDoraLCDWatch.jpg

Go with a Citizen or Seiko. I personally collect watches and have seven in my collection so far. Mostly Seiko and Citizen chronographs, to a vintage Breitlingchrono. Buy online if you do decide to get a watch, it's a lot cheaper. Once i get my money right i'm going for an Omega Speedmaster and a BreitlingNavitimer.

Youre asking to ruin your watch and on top of that who are you trying to impress in the kitchen with a "grown man" watch?

Get something cheap that works and use the rest to invest into something that you can take care of and enjoy on your nights off.

I would recommend something with a timer function, so either a G-shock, or a nice chronograph. Don't give too much thought to the "ruin a $1k in thekitchen," you can polish it up, they were meant to take some abuse.

Here is my Tag that I bought back in the summer of 2006. I wear it every day.

I'd recommend a Citizen or Seiko as a first "grown man's watch" before you start upgrading to the more expensive watches out there. I'dset a limit around 300-400 first, that will still get you a good watch, but you won't break the bank just yet.

I've always been a fan of watches, but being a college student I can't quite afford a collection yet, I've just got a Citizen which I like a lotfor now, and I hope to add another watch by graduation, hopefully a Tag.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'd recommend a Citizen or Seiko as a first "grown man's watch" before you start upgrading to the more expensive watches out there. I'd set a limit around 300-400 first, that will still get you a good watch, but you won't break the bank just yet.

I've always been a fan of watches, but being a college student I can't quite afford a collection yet, I've just got a Citizen which I like a lot for now, and I hope to add another watch by graduation, hopefully a Tag.

Well said. I'd probably go with a Seiko for your first "grown man's watch." But if you're working in a kitchen, I'd probably gowith a Timex digital. Nobody's going to see it anyway, and you don't want to scratch an exquisite timepiece.
I have a Tag Heuer and it's a phenomenal watch. I got it as a present about ten years ago and it look as good as the day I got it. I would highlyrecommend a Tag if you're looking to spend a bit more, but it's not necessary for your first.

i would just get a regular casio quartz watch if i were working in the kitchen; mishaps happen more often than at other jobs, no?

if you want mechanical, i would look at cheap invictas, or a seiko 5 automatic. all under $100, nowhere close to $1k.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'd recommend a Citizen or Seiko as a first "grown man's watch" before you start upgrading to the more expensive watches out there. I'd set a limit around 300-400 first, that will still get you a good watch, but you won't break the bank just yet.

I've always been a fan of watches, but being a college student I can't quite afford a collection yet, I've just got a Citizen which I like a lot for now, and I hope to add another watch by graduation, hopefully a Tag.

Well said. I'd probably go with a Seiko for your first "grown man's watch." But if you're working in a kitchen, I'd probably go with a Timex digital. Nobody's going to see it anyway, and you don't want to scratch a exquisite timepiece.
I have a Tag Heuer and it's a phenomenal watch. I got it as a present about ten years ago and it look as good as the day I got it. I would highly recommend a Tag if you're looking to spend a bit more, but it's not necessary for your first.

My brother got a Tag from his girlfriend, now wife, as a birthday present and he loves it and it's kept in amazing shape. I'm strongly going toconsider getting a Tag for my next watch

^Really though. You should look at your watch and stop posting for 5 minutes. And then you can watch this

Originally Posted by buggz05

^Really though. You should look at your watch and stop posting for 5 minutes. And then you can watch this

I don't see what you see.

Back
Top Bottom