NT I need Help: Finishline Giftcard SCAM?

I got a finishline gift card one day and it was used the next day in a completely different state. IN STORE. How can the card be used without the pin or anything? Seems like obvious [internal] fraud, no?

The finishline system sucks. Half the time I can't get them to work on the website. If I was you, I would just send them an email about it and they may send you another one.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to send an email to their c level execs and fight/sue/whatever. It was a considerable amount, but this is strictly off principle now as opposed to being out of the actual money. I called customer service and they basically said "your problem, not ours" and kept saying "treat it as cash"

the hell? you can't use cash before actually handing it over to be used.

This reeks of an inside job, and I was hoping someone had come across this with the company before considering there's ton's of sneakerheads on this site

The finishline system sucks. Half the time I can't get them to work on the website. If I was you, I would just send them an email about it and they may send you another one.

smh, this company sucks. i emailed them and got no response...ever...3 days into no response, I called and their customer service basically brushed me/my loss off

^it was from a return. basically i returned a shoe WITH receipt, they told me I couldnt get my money back since it was over 45 days....I did make the original purchase (that I ended up returning) with a CC though...So I'm not sure there's a way I can contest via the CC company...your thoughts???

There person that sold it to you tipped off fam in another state.

exactly my thoughts, which tripped me out when they immediately shut me down through customer service. It was used in less than 24 hours in a diff state. Seemed too obvious, so it made me think the rep was aware there was some potential **** boy activity going on internally...

Last edited:
^it was from a return. basically i returned a shoe WITH receipt, they told me I couldnt get my money back since it was over 45 days....I did make the original purchase (that I ended up returning) with a CC though...So I'm not sure there's a way I can contest via the CC company...your thoughts???
exactly my thoughts, which tripped me out when they immediately shut me down through customer service. It was used in less than 24 hours in a diff state. Seemed too obvious, so it made me think the rep was aware there was some potential **** boy activity going on internally...
retail shoe store employee here.... i might b able to help u out a bit... usually with a CC payment, you wont get cash back. especially after the initial 30/45/etc. days passed which is stated on the back of the receipt (usually). your customer service situation seems odd. the way you are explaining it makes them out to be so unprofessional and dishonest. but they are a huge chain store so i dont see how far that can go. locate the district managers number or regional corporate office and call them and explain your situation.

8/27 gift card purchased in store in one state
8/28 gift card used, in less than 24 hours, in a state 1000+ miles away
the ENTIRE amount was used in one transaction.

how did it get used in store without the pin or physical card? How did the entire, specific, amount leave the card in one transaction? I need to crunch some numbers on this question to see if there's any combination of amounts that would equal to that amount with tax included. Tax rates are different state to state. i may sound biased, but these details are simple enough to quality for fraud, not too many ways to dice this up.

I'm going above DMs, GMs, etc. I'm emailing the execs of the company they use to investigate fraud and also emailing the company execs for finishline.

retail shoe store employee here.... i might b able to help u out a bit... usually with a CC payment, you wont get cash back. especially after the initial 30/45/etc. days passed which is stated on the back of the receipt (usually). your customer service situation seems odd. the way you are explaining it makes them out to be so unprofessional and dishonest. but they are a huge chain store so i dont see how far that can go. locate the district managers number or regional corporate office and call them and explain your situation.

i appreciate the info my dude. yea i got you on the CC payment/45 day thing. that's not really even in question here though honestly im not even asking for cash, just not a used gift card.

Back
Top Bottom