NT: I'm nervous about the ACT

I'm a junior in high school with a cumulative gpa of a 3.6 throughout all my years so far. 
pimp.gif

School has never been a problem because i usually figure things out in minutes but this ACT is working me.

I really need a get a high score because I want to get in a huge university and get scholarship money.

Can you guys give me some tips and what score did you get on it?
nerd.gif

I'm a junior in high school with a cumulative gpa of a 3.6 throughout all my years so far. 
pimp.gif

School has never been a problem because i usually figure things out in minutes but this ACT is working me.

I really need a get a high score because I want to get in a huge university and get scholarship money.

Can you guys give me some tips and what score did you get on it?
nerd.gif

Tips:

Memorize the periodic table, there is atleast 15 questions on the exact atomic number and mass of some elements
Start reading a dictionary, you have to define about 10 or so words in the english portion
Know your rules for taking derivatives
And finally, practice reading fast, you only get 20 minutes to read 6 passages

Good Luck!

I gotta 16
.feelsgoodman

Tips:

Memorize the periodic table, there is atleast 15 questions on the exact atomic number and mass of some elements
Start reading a dictionary, you have to define about 10 or so words in the english portion

Good Luck!

I gotta 16
.feelsgoodman

Your GPA demonstrates you study and work hard...IMO you have nothing to worry about. Take the test andif you need a higher score, take it again. DOn't put that pressure on yourself, it's not difficult. I got a 22 or 23 first time and then a 24. I didn't buy any of the books either and my gpa was nowhere near yours

You'll be good!

Your GPA demonstrates you study and work hard...IMO you have nothing to worry about. Take the test andif you need a higher score, take it again. DOn't put that pressure on yourself, it's not difficult. I got a 22 or 23 first time and then a 24. I didn't buy any of the books either and my gpa was nowhere near yours

You'll be good!

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Tips:

Good Luck!

I gotta 16
.feelsgoodman
not fixed, but better

I got a 34 and didnt know there was a science section. 
pimp.gif
Its really not that hard. Its more mathematically focused than the SAT but if you havent taken it before just be willing to take it again, because youll be learning how the whole thing works pretty much the first time you take it

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Tips:

Good Luck!

I gotta 16
.feelsgoodman
not fixed, but better

I got a 34 and didnt know there was a science section. 
pimp.gif
Its really not that hard. Its more mathematically focused than the SAT but if you havent taken it before just be willing to take it again, because youll be learning how the whole thing works pretty much the first time you take it

Thanks guys but I'm still going to practice because I don't want to see anything unfamiliar.

Thanks guys but I'm still going to practice because I don't want to see anything unfamiliar.

Got a 26 and didn't even remember I was taking it until someone txted me that morning.
You'll do fine, bro, and you still have time.

Got a 26 and didn't even remember I was taking it until someone txted me that morning.
You'll do fine, bro, and you still have time.

Originally Posted by eashawty

its easy as hell. i aint study at all & got a 23 & only took it once

Bruh that's not a good score at all.
roll.gif

To the OP:

The practice test is a lot harder than the actual test. That doesn't mean you should lax on your studying if you don't feel confident, but know that it'll be slightly more difficult than what you'll actually have to take.

Read each question carefully. They word certain problems terribly on purpose, and if you're not paying attention they will catch you slipping on an easy question. Just read, and if unsure, re-read.

Get plenty of food and sleep the night before, followed by a light/moderate breakfast in the morning. Don't eat super heavy 'cause you'll be drowsy, but make sure you get something so that you aren't dealing with your stomach growling on top of the test. Bad combo.

Most importantly, relax. You're a junior and in all honesty, this test doesn't mean crap yet. You still have another year to improve your score, and since you're taking it early you'll know what to expect next year if you take it again.

Just don't be a dummy and drink the night before (like I did
30t6p3b.gif
,) don't show up high (some kid smoked before mine and got told to leave
roll.gif
,) and don't sweat it. It's just a test, and if you're pulling a 3.6 you're probably not too stupid.

roll.gif

To the OP:

The practice test is a lot harder than the actual test. That doesn't mean you should lax on your studying if you don't feel confident, but know that it'll be slightly more difficult than what you'll actually have to take.

Read each question carefully. They word certain problems terribly on purpose, and if you're not paying attention they will catch you slipping on an easy question. Just read, and if unsure, re-read.

Get plenty of food and sleep the night before, followed by a light/moderate breakfast in the morning. Don't eat super heavy 'cause you'll be drowsy, but make sure you get something so that you aren't dealing with your stomach growling on top of the test. Bad combo.

Most importantly, relax. You're a junior and in all honesty, this test doesn't mean crap yet. You still have another year to improve your score, and since you're taking it early you'll know what to expect next year if you take it again.

30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
,) and don't sweat it. It's just a test, and if you're pulling a 3.6 you're probably not too stupid.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

roll.gif

To the OP:

30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

%+%$ it was a good enough score to get me into college, especially since my highschool gpa was like a 1.5

Back
Top Bottom