NT!! ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

This must.be for you Ny nters, we never even heard anything.else besides "if I ruled the world" down here.in the.south.
Get that trash out of here.  Ain't no one checking for the South.  With the exception of Outkast and a few others, nothing but garbage comes out of the south.

laugh.gif
 The log I dropped in my toilet this morning > the south

Yo.

Both them dudes are really good at rap.

Just let it be at that.

Don't listen to who you don't listen to. Nobody cares to know, though.

Thank God I grew up in a time where old music was cool. When Nas and Jay were on those few mediocre pre-beef albums, I was getting SUPER into Eric B & Rakim, De La Soul, the whole Duck Down, Boogie Down Productions, etc.

I wonder what NT thinks about Jazz music, or old rock music, or old Funk music, or straight up old *** soul music, even "classical" music (classical was actually only one era in that type of music), etc.

Its weird that a generation with infinitely more access to more information than any previous generation also seems to know way less about anything that happened before their time than any other generation.

I don't get where the hate for anything not in the now comes from. Back when we were kids yeah I wasn't jamming Run DMC but I felt as fan of HIP HOP I had to be aware of their music and at the end of the day some songs are just timeless you can't deny it.

Kids were ******** all over LL for hopping on the main chick remix like it was sin for him to rap still. People say no one checks for such and such rapper, but said rapper will sell out shows all over country if not world.

Its not like we talking about washed up rappers like Smilez and Southstar we talking about legends :lol:

Yo.

Both them dudes are really good at rap.

Just let it be at that.

Don't listen to who you don't listen to. Nobody cares to know, though.

Thank God I grew up in a time where old music was cool. When Nas and Jay were on those few mediocre pre-beef albums, I was getting SUPER into Eric B & Rakim, De La Soul, the whole Duck Down, Boogie Down Productions, etc.

I wonder what NT thinks about Jazz music, or old rock music, or old Funk music, or straight up old *** soul music, even "classical" music (classical was actually only one era in that type of music), etc.

Its weird that a generation with infinitely more access to more information than any previous generation also seems to know way less about anything that happened before their time than any other generation.
Best post in this thread.  When I read a thread like this with so much ignorance and hate, I start to realize I am getting older.  I was in high school when Illmatic dropped and I can still remember where I was when I first listened to it.  For a kid from the west coast, this album painted a lyrical picture of New York and the East Coast that was so lyrically groundbreaking that I was hooked on hip hop for a solid decade in which I literally listened to nothing else.  The production was so raw and the combination of that with Nas's lyrical cadence was groundbreaking for me.  His narratives about childhood battles with poverty and violence made me want to become more socially conscious and led me to study political science in college with an emphasis on correcting the dichotomy between the rich and the poor.

Today I turn on the radio and ultimately shake my head.  I hear hip hop songs about social media and the flaunting of wealth and I wonder what happened to the socially conscious artists who fought for change and railed against inequality.  Illmatic has none of the recipe for commercial success enjoyed by hip hop artists of this current era.  There are no repetitive hooks and pop-crossover singing in here, just raw visual lyrics that paint a portrait of a man struggling with his difficult childhood amidst poverty and despair while becoming a man and looking towards his place in the future.  It's amazing to think that at age 20, Nas released what I consider to be the greatest album in hip hop history.  

I wish hip hop had continued down this path of social consciousness and awareness.  Who knows how much farther we would be as a society.  Sadly the emptiness of this current generation of hip hop artists has led me to abandon hip hop for classic rock, jazz, and older r&b.   

This must.be for you Ny nters, we never even heard anything.else besides "if I ruled the world" down here.in the.south.
THIS

Nas hardly got radio play down south but when "If I Ruled the World" dropped it was on the radio 24/7. My friend from NY was talking about Nas and Jay-Z albums (and all the disses) from back in the day and I was clueless, all we listened to was Hot Boyz etc down here. I took time to go through and listen to Nas albums recently and they're :smokin . Also been listening to AZ's album Doe or Die everyday for like 3 months now. So great.

You're speaking for yourself on this one.

Get that trash out of here.  Ain't no one checking for the South.  With the exception of Outkast and a few others, nothing but garbage comes out of the south.

:lol:  The log I dropped in my toilet this morning > the south

Open your mind bruh.... Sounds like u listen to radio too much

Last edited:
There's some solid music coming out of the South. Big Krit is probably the best rapper out right now and he is full southern.

There is a lot of trash in the south too, so I hear you

Last edited:
THIS

Nas hardly got radio play down south but when "If I Ruled the World" dropped it was on the radio 24/7. My friend from NY was talking about Nas and Jay-Z albums (and all the disses) from back in the day and I was clueless, all we listened to was Hot Boyz etc down here. I took time to go through and listen to Nas albums recently and they're :smokin . Also been listening to AZ's album Doe or Die everyday for like 3 months now. So great.

I mean are you guys trying to say you dont get music down there? You guys dont buy CD's or DL music?

I hate how the legends arent being looked at. 80s/90s rap all day

But my friends hate my music telling me to turn it off when I blast it. They rather blast Rick Ross or 2 chainz than hear some atcq or wu or mobb deep

Not only that but I listen to some old soul and funk ****. Rick James, Barry white, and prince

I am > illmatic. Dead serious

nas is like is premo and nas at their best

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom