NT Job Network thread vol. Put me on!!

Anyone in the dmv area have a good part time position? I'm looking for a second job...that won't interfere with my Monday through Friday 8-5 position.

Anyone in the dmv area have a good part time position? I'm looking for a second job...that won't interfere with my Monday through Friday 8-5 position.

Probably reaching but is there anyone in the UK here from or around London know of or has any jobs going, full time just need some contacts around here.
Thanks

Probably reaching but is there anyone in the UK here from or around London know of or has any jobs going, full time just need some contacts around here.
Thanks

Originally Posted by jasoner27

NYC working on my BA in Fire Safety and Emergency @ John John....anyone got any info on internships or entry level position involving that field...Fire Houses, Fire Safety Directors, Inspectors...I mean anything Times are hard and the last thing I wanna do is get into another dead end job that has nothing to do with my career
ohwell.gif

If you live else where and know of something post anyway I need to get out of NYC anyway

Thanks

You should try being a national park forest fire ranger. It may not be within the city but a lot of those type of areas need folks to keep an eye out for forests fires.
As for those finding job aggregate site alternatives besides the conventional: monster, craigslist and simplyhired.

You should check out:

www.usajobs.gov

www.linkedin.com

There are also your local staffing (or temp) agencies, that usually provide temp (or contract) to full time hire. Type it up on google and see what you come up with. Keep in mind that staffing agencies can be in another state or city but may have leads within your immediate one (had one in NorCal call me up about a job here in SoCal).

So it's highly possible to search far and wide. Good luck everyone.

NYC working on my BA in Fire Safety and Emergency @ John John....anyone got any info on internships or entry level position involving that field...Fire Houses, Fire Safety Directors, Inspectors...I mean anything Times are hard and the last thing I wanna do is get into another dead end job that has nothing to do with my career
ohwell.gif

If you live else where and know of something post anyway I need to get out of NYC anyway

Thanks

You should try being a national park forest fire ranger. It may not be within the city but a lot of those type of areas need folks to keep an eye out for forests fires.
As for those finding job aggregate site alternatives besides the conventional: monster, craigslist and simplyhired.

You should check out:

www.usajobs.gov

www.linkedin.com

There are also your local staffing (or temp) agencies, that usually provide temp (or contract) to full time hire. Type it up on google and see what you come up with. Keep in mind that staffing agencies can be in another state or city but may have leads within your immediate one (had one in NorCal call me up about a job here in SoCal).

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

ohwell.gif

Thanks

You should check out:

www.usajobs.gov

www.linkedin.com

do you mean John Jay???????? if so check out career center in the N building 3rd flr

ohwell.gif

Thanks

You should check out:

www.usajobs.gov

www.linkedin.com

do you mean John Jay???????? if so check out career center in the N building 3rd flr

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

ohwell.gif

Thanks

You should check out:

www.usajobs.gov

www.linkedin.com

What are you referring to? A staffing agency named John Jay and where is this N building on the 3rd floor?

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

ohwell.gif

Thanks

You should check out:

www.usajobs.gov

www.linkedin.com

What are you referring to? A staffing agency named John Jay and where is this N building on the 3rd floor?

I PMed a few people in regards to accounting. Thanks for your posted opportunities thus far!

For those who have opportunities, but have not posted:

Just a quick run down about myself:
1. I attend UMBC (University of Maryland, Baltimore County) and I plan to graduate in December of this year with a Financial Economics degree, Accounting Certification that sets me up to sit for the CPA Exam, an MBA Prep Certificate that has given me the necessary stepping stones to pursue an MBA as a graduate student, a Management Sciences Certificate and an IT/Audit Certificate that has taught me a solid amount of IT.
2. My current GPA is a 3.27 out of a 4.00.
3. UMBC does NOT offer an Accounting Degree, so this is why I am pursuing their offered Accounting Certificate. I will have the required courses and 152 credits upon graduation to where I can sit for the CPA Exam immediately, which I plan to do.
4. Although the IT/Audit Certificate is not quite an Information Systems Degree or a BTA, it is awfully close. I am in class with a lot of BTA and IS majors.
5. I have held two internships throughout my college career, one with the Better Business Bureau of Greater MD (non-profit experience), located off Key Highway in Baltimore doing accounting work and I currently intern for a promotional products company located in Fells Point, called SpecWorks, doing accounting work as well. On top of that, I have worked for my fiance's Uncle since July 2008, who has cerebral palsy. I aide him in his daily activities, such as personal hygiene, eating, transportation, etc.
6. I currently run and manage my personal transportation company, directed towards people with disabilities. My company is called Accessible Reliable Transportation, also known as ART. We currently revenue at about $4000 a month.
7. Other than that, I like sneakers!!

Keep in mind, although I am living in Maryland at the momeny, I'd be willing to relocate, assuming the offer is worthwhile. Thanks!

I PMed a few people in regards to accounting. Thanks for your posted opportunities thus far!

For those who have opportunities, but have not posted:

Just a quick run down about myself:
1. I attend UMBC (University of Maryland, Baltimore County) and I plan to graduate in December of this year with a Financial Economics degree, Accounting Certification that sets me up to sit for the CPA Exam, an MBA Prep Certificate that has given me the necessary stepping stones to pursue an MBA as a graduate student, a Management Sciences Certificate and an IT/Audit Certificate that has taught me a solid amount of IT.
2. My current GPA is a 3.27 out of a 4.00.
3. UMBC does NOT offer an Accounting Degree, so this is why I am pursuing their offered Accounting Certificate. I will have the required courses and 152 credits upon graduation to where I can sit for the CPA Exam immediately, which I plan to do.
4. Although the IT/Audit Certificate is not quite an Information Systems Degree or a BTA, it is awfully close. I am in class with a lot of BTA and IS majors.
5. I have held two internships throughout my college career, one with the Better Business Bureau of Greater MD (non-profit experience), located off Key Highway in Baltimore doing accounting work and I currently intern for a promotional products company located in Fells Point, called SpecWorks, doing accounting work as well. On top of that, I have worked for my fiance's Uncle since July 2008, who has cerebral palsy. I aide him in his daily activities, such as personal hygiene, eating, transportation, etc.
6. I currently run and manage my personal transportation company, directed towards people with disabilities. My company is called Accessible Reliable Transportation, also known as ART. We currently revenue at about $4000 a month.
7. Other than that, I like sneakers!!

Keep in mind, although I am living in Maryland at the momeny, I'd be willing to relocate, assuming the offer is worthwhile. Thanks!

Just a friendly bump this morning..

Looking for work:
24 Male, Business Admin/Management Concentration degree.. Located in NJ
I want to stay away from sales, Entry level position/Internship even would be a blessing to me.

Thanks NT

Just a friendly bump this morning..

Looking for work:
24 Male, Business Admin/Management Concentration degree.. Located in NJ
I want to stay away from sales, Entry level position/Internship even would be a blessing to me.

Thanks NT

Back
Top Bottom