NT lawyers, legal advice needed - Gaurdianship

So my older sister wants to put me and my younger siblings on her company's insurance plan. I am 20, and i have three younger siblings, one going on 18,one is 15, and the other is 11. We have not had medical insurance for about the past 4 years, and in order for my sister to put us on her company'sinsurance plan, she has to be a legal guardian. My two youngest siblings live with our father, and my 17 year old sister and I are in college, both of usliving away from home most of the year. ever since my older sister has been working she has been helping out with our family's financial state, since ourfather has fallen short, and my 17 year old sister for the most part lives with her when not at college.

So is it possible for my older sister to become a legal guardian of us in order to put us on her insurance plan? Does me being legal and my younger sis almostturning 18 as well cut us two out of the picture? (Even if this is the case, my older sister would still like to become legal guardian of my youngest twosiblings if possible)
If it is possible, what are the steps that need to be taken? And what rights does legal guardianship give to my sister and take away from my father? (we'refrom TX btw)

I know there are some legal heads here on NT, so if any of yall know anything about this kinda thing, I'd really appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom