NT: Official Personal Finances Thread

$250/month towards vacation savings, etc. etc.

dude i gotta start this...all my saving goes into accounts i cant see with another a bank. but i need a account strictly for vacations.

emergency savings
regular savings
vacation savings.

Last edited:
I could probably save a lot more than I do, but I have a lazed lifestyle, wife hasn't worked in 2 years, we eat out often, I like expensive furniture, but camera gear often, collect high priced 1/6th figures...we are going through IVF...2 cars...etc etc...I rarely hold back on spending and we vacation at least 2 times a year....I'm surprised I even save anything being that I'm the only one bringing in money and the type of lifestyle we lead...

Making your own money and spending it how you like to :pimp:

bring home $5400 a month + end of yr bonus

was flourishing for a while, but I just purchased a new house and we get the keys in July.  Mortgage payment will pretty much be doubled, no more savings.

A little under 3.6K a month. Don't save anything. Just about a third goes to rent (excluding utilities ) Any extra money goes toward paying CC debt I accumulated in med school. Being a resident in LA blows financially.

Last edited:
i never spend ones. been doing this for about a year and a half now. got a nike box full of ones. not my primary savings just something for random extra cash.

My salary is buns...

But the bonuses can wind up 100% of my salary... so I'm thinking about just taking that and throwing it into some type of savings vehicle every year...

Compounding money is great, and I would do much better saving incrementally instead of waiting for the sum... but I spend money too quick... smh

trying to save about 15% of my monthly income. It's not easy at all

That's not including retirement.

Last edited:
Repped. good read. Can you describe your experiences?

I'm not sure what you are looking for with this question given that I just turned 26 a little bit ago. I have had a positive net worth with no debt for only 7 months (student loans).

Last edited:
Try to save a least 1k or more depending on whats going on in my life. Summer months that number usually falls, vice versa for winter months. 

Women and just dating in general is hard on a young professional. 

Haven't touched my incomes tax return in 4 years. And that money is in one the carribbean countries gaining interest as we speak. 

I see a rack a week....
i save about 20-25 percent of my check.
babysitting takes a lot out of me...
cant wait for all my kids to start school so i can save a grip...

lulz....

saving? come on, all the stuff we know about life and how it works, you guys still working to save?

you need to throw that money in a business venture or some sort of investment...

keeping your money under the pillow for a rainy day going to keep you working like a robot for the rest of your life...

get out of this disgusting work cycle 90% of western society is in...they want you in there...without you slaves they cannot go on their vacations and live the life they want to live off of your sweat and tears...

i never worked a day in my life...until i came across some bread and invested it into a business i own...

i make around 8k a month...and i save 80% of that....

the rest i spend how ever the f' i want to spend....the only reason i even save the other is to get into another investment...or open up a second business....after about 5-6 years if you have 2-3 business when your 35-40 you don't need to work anymore...which should be the goal...

everyone working to save money should be working to save money to invest---all the while you work you should have some sort of business idea or plan to get out of the dreadful work life...

people always want to rush and buy a house with all their savings...your main goal with anything you save should be first to run your own business, from there you should think about property, not vice versa...

all you need is confidence.

Put about $150/mo in an employer matched retirement fund.

$100/mo in to retail stocks.

Everything else goes to student loans, cc debt, and livin' this here lifestyle

Last edited:
Best advice I can give to anyone 18 + is go to https://www.sharebuilder.com/ and buy $100 (or as much as you can afford) of Nike stock each month. They will withdraw the $ from your checking account each month, buy the stock for you, and only charge a small fee. Think of it as a bill that you pay each month - forget about it and keep buying more.

I have $2500 auto withdrawal on the 25th of each month into my brokerage account with betterment. Not sure if it's been posted but I definately recommend betterment or any other comparable robo investing platform.

any other betterment or future advisor users on here?

lulz....

saving? come on, all the stuff we know about life and how it works, you guys still working to save?

you need to throw that money in a business venture or some sort of investment...

keeping your money under the pillow for a rainy day going to keep you working like a robot for the rest of your life...

get out of this disgusting work cycle 90% of western society is in...they want you in there...without you slaves they cannot go on their vacations and live the life they want to live off of your sweat and tears...

i never worked a day in my life...until i came across some bread and invested it into a business i own...

i make around 8k a month...and i save 80% of that....

the rest i spend how ever the f' i want to spend....the only reason i even save the other is to get into another investment...or open up a second business....after about 5-6 years if you have 2-3 business when your 35-40 you don't need to work anymore...which should be the goal...

everyone working to save money should be working to save money to invest---all the while you work you should have some sort of business idea or plan to get out of the dreadful work life...

people always want to rush and buy a house with all their savings...your main goal with anything you save should be first to run your own business, from there you should think about property, not vice versa...

all you need is confidence.

That you Dame?

Best advice I can give to anyone 18 + is go to https://www.sharebuilder.com/ and buy $100 (or as much as you can afford) of Nike stock each month. They will withdraw the $ from your checking account each month, buy the stock for you, and only charge a small fee. Think of it as a bill that you pay each month - forget about it and keep buying more.

Please don't do this, kids. Allocating all of your funds to one company is a bad idea.

If I knew what I know 10 years ago, I would've opened up a Vanguard account account and set up some variant of a "lazy portfolio."

http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Lazy_portfolios

Zero commission & low expense ratios using Vanguard's ETFs/mutual funds.

Please don't do this, kids. Allocating all of your funds to one company is a bad idea.

If I knew what I know 10 years ago, I would've opened up a Vanguard account account and set up some variant of a "lazy portfolio."

http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Lazy_portfolios

Zero commission & low expense ratios using Vanguard's ETFs/mutual funds.

Solid advice. Vanguard, betterment, future advisor, and wealth front are some good low management fee" set it and forget it" investments.

Last edited:
I consider myself a pretty frugal saver (not cheap, damn far from it). I live below my means in order to set myself up for financial success.

Been maxing out my 401k and Roth for years. Save (invest) another $250 a week on top of those retirement vehicles, plus $25 a week in a travel account.

Bonus is usually about 16% of salary. I use that to pad my travel account and other investment accounts.

My *** is tryna retire at 55! "$20 million walkin out the club bet it woo woo!"

lulz....

i make around 8k a month...and i save 80% of that...

Superb :nerd:

Owning my own company would be ideal. Until I come up with the right idea I'ma continue to stack this bread and invest it in AAPL, NKE, S&P500, etc.

Back
Top Bottom