NT Put me on The Roots

I've always felt the music, especially cause of the live band but I never had any of their albums until "How I Got Over"
The album is
pimp.gif
so where do I go from here?

I've always felt the music, especially cause of the live band but I never had any of their albums until "How I Got Over"
The album is
pimp.gif
so where do I go from here?

Home Grown! The Beginner's Guide to Understanding the Roots, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2. If you like those, go and start collecting the albums.

Things Fall Apart is also something I would suggest to a new Roots disciple.

Or just go hard and start copping everything.
laugh.gif

Studio albums

* 1993: Organix!
* 1994: From the Ground Up (EP)
* 1995: Do You Want More?!!!??!
* 1996: Illadelph Halflife
* 1999: Things Fall Apart
* 1999: The Legendary (EP)
* 2002: Phrenology
* 2004: The Tipping Point
* 2006: Game Theory
* 2008: Rising Down
* 2010: How I Got Over

Live albums

* 1999: The Roots Come Alive

Home Grown! The Beginner's Guide to Understanding the Roots, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2. If you like those, go and start collecting the albums.

Things Fall Apart is also something I would suggest to a new Roots disciple.

Or just go hard and start copping everything.
laugh.gif

Studio albums

* 1993: Organix!
* 1994: From the Ground Up (EP)
* 1995: Do You Want More?!!!??!
* 1996: Illadelph Halflife
* 1999: Things Fall Apart
* 1999: The Legendary (EP)
* 2002: Phrenology
* 2004: The Tipping Point
* 2006: Game Theory
* 2008: Rising Down
* 2010: How I Got Over

Live albums

* 1999: The Roots Come Alive

^My man laid it out quite flat.
Just go crazy and snatch up everything starting from the genesis and work your way up.

^My man laid it out quite flat.
Just go crazy and snatch up everything starting from the genesis and work your way up.

I'd start with Do You Want More?!!!??! and then proceed in chronological order from there (Organix is pretty unnecessary for anybody who's not an avid fan).

if for what ever reason that doesn't sound good to you Phrenology, Rising Down, and Game Theory are all really accessible and not bad places to start.

I'd start with Do You Want More?!!!??! and then proceed in chronological order from there (Organix is pretty unnecessary for anybody who's not an avid fan).

if for what ever reason that doesn't sound good to you Phrenology, Rising Down, and Game Theory are all really accessible and not bad places to start.

What era? When they were a rap group? Or when they decided to cater to the hipster indie rock crowd?

What era? When they were a rap group? Or when they decided to cater to the hipster indie rock crowd?

Back
Top Bottom