NT put me onto some Jazz.

I'm looking to expand my musical horizons and looking for some smooth tunes. Anyone have recommendations for some good jazz artists?

I'm looking to expand my musical horizons and looking for some smooth tunes. Anyone have recommendations for some good jazz artists?

I dont listen to a lot, but

Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk
Louis Armstrong

New stuff:
Trombone Shorty

I dont listen to a lot, but

Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk
Louis Armstrong

New stuff:
Trombone Shorty

Here's a few + songs to check for:
*Placebo ("The Humpty Dance")
*Cannonball Adderley ("Tensity")
*Miles Davis ("Pharoah's Dance" and "IFE")
*The Crusaders ("A Message To The Inner City")
*Jack Bruce ("Born To Be Blue")
*Kool & The Gang ("I Remember John W. Coltrane" & "Sea Of Tranquility")
*Bob James ("Nautilus")
*Grover Washington ("Hydra")
*Herbie Hancock ("People Music")
I'll list more when I think of them.

Here's a few + songs to check for:
*Placebo ("The Humpty Dance")
*Cannonball Adderley ("Tensity")
*Miles Davis ("Pharoah's Dance" and "IFE")
*The Crusaders ("A Message To The Inner City")
*Jack Bruce ("Born To Be Blue")
*Kool & The Gang ("I Remember John W. Coltrane" & "Sea Of Tranquility")
*Bob James ("Nautilus")
*Grover Washington ("Hydra")
*Herbie Hancock ("People Music")
I'll list more when I think of them.

Many people are going to suggest to you some classic Jazz. I'm not really a fan of classic type True Jazz. I'm more of a fan of easy listening, smooth Jazz type stuff.

Check out Boney James the Hidden Beach Unwrapped series and if you google smooth jazz tribute (anybody) you'll probably find some nice stuff.

Many people are going to suggest to you some classic Jazz. I'm not really a fan of classic type True Jazz. I'm more of a fan of easy listening, smooth Jazz type stuff.

Check out Boney James the Hidden Beach Unwrapped series and if you google smooth jazz tribute (anybody) you'll probably find some nice stuff.

Here's a few more:
Hubert Laws ("Cymbaline")
Lee Morgan ("Absolutions")
Ahmad Jamal ("Bogota")
Ahmad Jamal ("Swahililand")
Grover Washington ("Mister Magic")

Here's a few more:
Hubert Laws ("Cymbaline")
Lee Morgan ("Absolutions")
Ahmad Jamal ("Bogota")
Ahmad Jamal ("Swahililand")
Grover Washington ("Mister Magic")

Best Jazz Tune Ever.... John Coltrane & Duke Ellington-Sentimental Mood---It just takes you there...

Best Jazz Tune Ever.... John Coltrane & Duke Ellington-Sentimental Mood---It just takes you there...

Hands down, one of my favorite songs ever. Joni Mitchell's storytelling + Tina Turner's voice + Herbie Hancock's musical interpretation = greatness. 

Hands down, one of my favorite songs ever. Joni Mitchell's storytelling + Tina Turner's voice + Herbie Hancock's musical interpretation = greatness. 

you gotta start ur way up kid. You can't just jump in to the new age jazz artists without givin the proper respects to the ones that came before!

you gotta start ur way up kid. You can't just jump in to the new age jazz artists without givin the proper respects to the ones that came before!

Back
Top Bottom