NT Recommend me a Book...=

As the title states, what are some of y'all reading that's putting you guys up on game on the economy, investments, pure knowledge as to how thingswork... other suggestions are definitely appreciated even books such as Creature from Jekyll Island.. something somewhat educational. Thanks in advance!Haven't seen one of these in awhile ..
smile.gif

we have one of these every week... i'm to busy with school to be reading something outside of it
ohwell.gif

but on a good note i should be done by summmer
pimp.gif
happy.gif

^ LOL. Dude suggested a textbook.

Book I just finished: The Magicians by Lev Grossman
Book I'm reading: Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon
Book I will read: The Clinton Tapes by Taylor Branch

Just read The Kite Runner. I thought it was a great book and would recommend it for sure. Very touching story.
It's not gonna get you up on the game, just make you realize some things about life in general.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Book I'm reading: Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon
How is that treating you? It's on my list.
So far, so good. Great character development and detail (typical Chabon, although "typical" is probably the wrong word considering thisbook is his first). Parts of it reminded me of Bret Easton Ellis' "Rules of Attraction".

Dan Brown books are fun reads. Currently reading The Lost Symbol

If you want something a bit out there but also very enjoyable, check out Haruki Murakami. I recommend Norwegian Wood and Kafka by the Shore.

Malcolm Gladwell books are also very interesting. His books always make me look at common everyday things a bit differently (temporarily though
laugh.gif
)

Freakonomics is a fun, interesting book for those that are taking economics.

Originally Posted by khoalabear

I find books by Dan Brown fun to read
My favorite guilty pleasure (pause). Last things I've read recently that I liked were...

If Not, Winter (a collection of Sappho's fragments)
Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveler's Wife
Joan Didion - A Book of Common Prayer

Currently working on Mitch Albom - Have A Little Faith. Thank God for only having one upper division class this semester.

Could anybody recommend me a good mafia book? I just finished Joey The Hitman, and it's a definitely a good read.

Back
Top Bottom