NT, Recommend me a tablet!

So I've never owned a tablet before, but I'm looking into getting one. I have a 13' Macbook from 08 and a Galaxy Nexus, and I want something to bridge the gap. Im considering waiting for the iPad 3 (whenever it comes out
laugh.gif
) and the Asus Transformer Prime looks nice as well. I'm looking for something with a 10ish inch screen, and I like both Android and iOS (before my Nexus i had an iPhone 3GS.) Any thoughts and suggetions are appreciated! 
happy.gif

I'm rolling with the Motorola Xoom, its got a good weight to it, its as fast as any tablet I've ever played with and it supports flash. The web is simply incomplete without flash, at least for now.

The downside is that the speakers are no less than pathetic. They sound like those $5 speakers you might find in a family dollar or something.

I love it.

posted from my Motorola Xoom.

I'd go with one of your choices, the Transformer Prime, if you want a good tablet right now, or wait for the next quad-core coming from Acer. But, if you favor the ease of iTunes than I would go with the iPad 2.

Can you afford and Ipad? Get and Ipad, besides price there is really no reasonble reason to choose any tablet over the Ipad.

Wait for 3 though, should be out soon.

Thanks guys, yeah probably gonna wait for the ipad 3 unless i can get a great deal on the transformer prime

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Can you afford and Ipad? Get and Ipad, besides price there is really no reasonble reason to choose any tablet over the Ipad.

Wait for 3 though, should be out soon.

First I just thought... enh... an overlook.. typo..
grin.gif

Then I saw it again 3 words later...  
3ED4_4E93BB8E.gif

If you want a tablet for it's apps get the iPad, otherwise if you like customizing and tweaking your tablet I'd say get a transformer prime or any other quality android tablet out there.

I have the Transformer (not the Prime) and I'm happy with it. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the keyboard dock but I'm honestly in no rush. I just use my tablet for reading, light browsing from my bed, and the occasional Slingbox when I'm cooking.

The only issue I've had is with charging. It's a well documented problem but it fixed itself in a few days (something isn't fully fused either in the tablet or the charger).

Landscape typing isn't the most comfortable and the stock ROM is loaded with bloatware. I'll probably root and flash a custom ROM this weekend.

Overall, I'm very satisfied but I do wish the bezel was a bit thinner to make typing easier. I think the Prime has a smaller bezel so I'd go with that. Plus the GPS issue has been fixed via an OTA update.

For people with tablets that have usb ports, are you able to plug in a portable harddrive and transfer files?  I would mainly get a new tablet to watch movies and tv shows.  I'd rather do that then pay for netflix.

Go iPad and never look back.
Pros: Long battery life, reliable company, "most popular tablet" meaning that there are tons of third parties creating apps for it and also lots of third party cases and products
Cons: Doesn't support flash

Originally Posted by shogun

For people with tablets that have usb ports, are you able to plug in a portable harddrive and transfer files?  I would mainly get a new tablet to watch movies and tv shows.  I'd rather do that then pay for netflix.

yes, you could do that.

For people with tablets that have usb ports, are you able to plug in a portable harddrive and transfer files?  I would mainly get a new tablet to watch stolen movies and stolen tv shows.  I'd rather do that then pay for netflix.

fixed.

Lets be real here bro.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

For people with tablets that have usb ports, are you able to plug in a portable harddrive and transfer files?  I would mainly get a new tablet to watch stolen movies and stolen tv shows.  I'd rather do that then pay for netflix.
fixed.

Lets be real here bro.
I was being real.  I didn't deny anything in my post.  Most people dl that stuff if they don't use netflix.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

fixed.

Lets be real here bro.
I was being real.  I didn't deny anything in my post.  Most people dl that stuff if they don't use netflix.

probably didn't put more emphasis on the stolen part, all I'm saying is that you just don't "download" movies and actually pay for them cause if you did it will cost you way more money than the unlimited selection that netflix provide for $10 a month. Let be real, people don't necessarily pay for downloadable content while shop for these types of things online.

I'm also in the market for a new tablet.

I've had this iPad for awhile now and I hate it because it doesn't support flash.

Posting from iPad.

Just copped a HP touchpad off Craig's list a few days ago(typing from it right now)loving it. Paid $150, better than paying $500 a ipad

Originally Posted by mossman75

Just copped a HP touchpad off Craig's list a few days ago(typing from it right now)loving it. Paid $150, better than paying $500 a ipad

get the ipad 
i copped the touchpad when it was going for 100 bucks and i still feel like i wasted my damn money
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom