One More Time
Something About Us

Other songs you might appreciate:
Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
Bob Sinclair - World Hold On
Newton - Streamline
Darude - Sandstorm
The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize

Hey Cam, you might as well rename this to "Official Dance Tracks I should listen to Thread"..

my fave daft punk jawns right now are:
Human After All
Robot Rock

and the quintessential One More Time

Alive 2007
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm glad Daft Punk is getting a little popularity boost from the mainstream. I used to talk about these dudes when Discovery dropped and no one knew whothe !@#$ I was talkin about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brucelee3411

I'm glad Daft Punk is getting a little popularity boost from the mainstream. I used to talk about these dudes when Discovery dropped and no one knew who the !@#$ I was talkin about
laugh.gif

A boost? They're pretty much on their third go-round with massive popularity in America.

alive 2007 is dope

if you like daft punk you should also like justice - cross

I had the pleasure of working some of the Daft Punk product while I was at Virgin. Around The World is my $*+*.

One More Time wound up being a pretty big Pop record. But Digital Love, Something About Us and Face to Face are my favorite joints off of Discovery.

As for other music along these lines, Mace hit most of the big Trance guys. Tiesto is that dude. Shout to my girl Jes, who is on his album and who also didMotorcycle's "As The Rush Comes". She has an album out now. Disconnect.

David Guetta had a big year. "Love Is Gone" was huge. If there is one DJ I'd go see live, it's him. His @%%# ME I'M FAMOUS parties areinsane. The fire dept. shut it down at WMC this year. POPLIFE album in stores/Itunes now.

Too many people sleep on Kaskade. He is that dude right now. His original work is bananas. His remixes are nuts (he just did Britney, Seal, a grip of bigones). BRING THE NIGHT mix album in stores/Itunes now.

Bob Sinclar is dope. "World Hold On" got on the radio in some spots here in the states so that became a pretty big record, then Pitbull jumped on itas well.

Lot's of other solid work out there. Armand Van Helden GHETTOBLASTER album is dope. Freemasons, Shapeshifters still working. Yves LaRock. Axwell. BennyBenassi.

I'm a House dude. I can't really @%%# with Trance. There's no soul in it to me (other than Ferry Corsten). House came from soul music, fromChicago.

At one point House was a huge part of the Hop Hop scene. Jungle Brothers. EPMD used to have a House jam on their albums. Big Daddy Kane had "The HouseThat Cee Built". There was a little Hip House movement with Doug Lazy, Twin Hype, King Sun and cats like that.

That's what's up.

^I always forget you work in the industry until you come through with something like that. I'll check some of that out, thanks.

But no soul in trance? Give it another shot.

^^

I know that's a broad, sweeping generalization. I'm just not really a fan of a lot of it. 4 Strings "Take Me Away" was kinda hot. And I digFerry quite a bit. Gabriel and Dresden do their thing. But that whole hyper synthesized, building, wind swirl sound effect madness is just not my thing.

Also, "Music Sounds Better With You". Which is actually by Stardust, which is one half of Daft Punk (Thomas Bangalter I think). Possibly my favoriteclub record of all time.

Also, "Music Sounds Better With You". Which is actually by Stardust, which is one half of Daft Punk (Thomas Bangalter I think). Possibly my favorite club record of all time.
cosign.
pimp.gif

I'm a House dude. I can't really @%%# with Trance. There's no soul in it to me (other than Ferry Corsten). House came from soul music, from Chicago.
pimp.gif

House ain't even music. It's a got damn feeling
smokin.gif

House music = Miguel Migs, Sandy Rivera, Mark Farina. Andy Caldwell, OM Records, BarGrooves

Aerodynamic
Harder Better Faster Stronger (Neptunes Remix)
Digital Love
Robot Rock
Around The World
All of Discovery Album Really

Also, "Music Sounds Better With You". Which is actually by Stardust, which is one half of Daft Punk (Thomas Bangalter I think). Possibly my favorite club record of all time.
Truth

Back
Top Bottom