NT Runners and Running Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Boost vids! The most mileage I've ever run in one pair was logged in my original LunarEclipse with ~1,100mi. I've been wanting to give Boost a try for quite some time; however, the only thing that prevents me from doing so is how they look and their cws... :/

Hopefully, with MM and company on board with the adidas, they could put out better designs and cws.
See, this is where we are different.

When I am looking for a good running shoe, I don't pay much attention to looks. Now, I am not going to run in a God-awful ugly shoe, but when I am looking for the best running shoe out there, looks/CWs take a back seat.

^ I'm also a big fan of feetures socks.. I use the ultra light no show..

Go to roadrunnersports.com.. I think you can sign up for pretty cheap for a one year membership and they have great deals on stuff

I have the VIP membership it's great on discounts.

But man each time I go to my local road runner store the customer service continues to get worse and worse each time.

I'm done buying shoes from them and won't renew my VIP membership when it expires. I mean their employees are just straight up rude and have bad attitudes, half the time you talk to them you can easily tell the employee knows nothing about the sport of running. I mean some of the bro dude employees who u see just hanging out at the store and talking about Football or Basketball. It's seriously like they are former fired Footlocker or Footaction employees.

I've found better dedicated small business running stores here in SD where the store owners really are knowledge able and make better recommendations and aren't out to just to sell you shoes to move units and make $$$.

If your in San Diego check out these places:

Laces Running Company:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/laces-running-company-san-diego

The Running Company:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-running-center-carlsbad

Last edited:
New to the thread, but does anyone here wear compression pants for winter running? Just ordered two pairs on Monday because last winter was :x w

Agreed. You can't go for looks when it comes to running shoes. It's always functionality that comes first. Otherwise I'd be running in some am95s or some flyknits. I'm on some saucony guides for running.

Yeah I agree 100% when it comes to the sport of running and choosing which running shoes are right for you.

Looks of the shoe shouldn't be your first thought or a major factor in what you decide to run in. Also don't be brand name loyal to only 1 or 2 companies like NIKE.

Comfort & functionality for me is my #1 priority when deciding what I'm going to spend my money on a pair of running shoes. The worst thing a person can do is buy a pair and then realize the shoe is not right for their feet and then start to suffer injuries like shin splints, blisters, black toe.

Last edited:
So you guys would recommend the lunar glide? I've run in flyk it lunars before but the lunar glide seems to be more supportive and cushioned which would be a big plus for me.

Do any of you guys doing running groups? Nike has the running groups and nike training sessions throughout NYC everyday. If any of you are in NYC and want to go to one let me know. The good thing about running in a group is that you HAVE to keep up with them so it's no slacking depending on the pace you pick. Last night I did 5 miles in a group at 9 min pace, when I run by myself my pace is around 9:30/9:40. Having to stay with that group was a challenge but I refused to fail.

Funny question/Side note: Does everyone else take monster dumps after running? After the nike event last night I couldn't hold it until I got home, I ended up crapping in the niketown bathroom with my shirt off like the thug that I am.
I always get the ***** after a hard workout, especially fartleks
roll.gif
. Like you this has lead me to taking a dump in some awkward places. Worst was when I got off the track and had to run into the woods to my thing, a group of like 5-7 sorority girls ran by while I was mid poop. There's no coming back from that one. 

I've ran with lunar glides since the 2''s and haven't looked back. Unfortunately it's time to move on.

New to the thread, but does anyone here wear compression pants for winter running? Just ordered two pairs on Monday because last winter was :x w

Yeah I run in some compression pants from eastbay. They're cheap but they more than do the job. I've got their cold weather mocks as well and they're amazing. I would highly suggest getting eastbay's evapor gear to anyone.

I wear Under Armour Compression shirts every run but usually with a cotton tee over it, usually some sleeveless Nike or Champion I got on sale at Macys or the Outlets.

The compression changes from Heatgear to Coldgear and shorts sleeves to long sleeves depending on the weather/temperature. When it is cold enough I also add in a windrunner, I am in SoCal though so it doesn't really get very cold here.

With that said, anybody wears layer at times just so you can sweat intensively? I don't like it all the times but sometimes I just want to really sweat my a** off so I wear a hoody even when it isn't that cold just so that I am soaking wet after my run and it just feels good. Am I the only one?

Yeah I run in some compression pants from eastbay. They're cheap but they more than do the job. I've got their cold weather mocks as well and they're amazing. I would highly suggest getting eastbay's evapor gear to anyone.

That's what I ordered :smokin it was 2 for $24.

Wat do u guys wear uptop.

Torso
Summer  I just wear a t-shirt or a tank top.

Fall t-shirt and hoodie

Winter Compression shirt, t-shirt , and hoodie. Was still cold so I am going to have to figure out a better combo for this 30 below weather.

Get one of those Ultra Light Down Vest from Uniqlo, they're currently $40 right now. While there check out their heatgear too, I know plenty of people who swears by them.

Get one of those Ultra Light Down Vest from Uniqlo, they're currently $40 right now. While there check out their heatgear too, I know plenty of people who swears by them.

No man, the heatgear tops from uniqlo are trash. the socks are legit, i swear by them. but the tops are terrible.

I've only heard bad things about the Airisms but most people I know that lives where it snows loves them.

Fitted Pro Combats

This is my go-to, the hyperwarm set if it's cold outside, I'll put on 2 sometimes because I get cold easily.
Sometimes I wear a core compression top under the hyperwarm top but I'm moody about compression tops, sometimes I feel they get in the way of my breath control.

In the summer days I wear the core shirts(short sleeve or sleeveless) & I have some tailwind shirts too.

I'm not big on jackets but I will throw on my under armour storm-fit hoody when it's raining or super cold, whatever I can throw on that's not baggy or restricting because there's no worse feeling while running imo than restricting clothing.

Uppers I wear NIKE dri-fit shirts and also under armour compression shirts.

The alter ego shirts are :pimp:. I have the black & yellow Batman logo shirt and also a Captain America shirt.

I also use the tech running shirts that I've collected from past races.

Last edited:
Not the fastest, but I've ran collegiate track and field the past couple years. Feel free to PM with any questions

Regarding gear, Adidas, workouts, being comfortable wearing tights with no shorts in public lol anything running related

What to wear in the cold/how to deal with cold. Etc anything!

I was/am an 800m runner. Don't know if I ill keep up with thread consistently but I'll always check PM!

Last edited:
Sigh, before my knee injury that was the pace I was able to run.

I'd like to get back to running around a 7 minute mile pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom