NT Runners and Running Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off how'd you do that pic with your run?
Second I haven't been on IG in like 6 full months but I can start doing it with pics like that, here's whst mine look like
View media item 1291452

Tap the share button. It will be followed by another page which will allow you to combine a pic of your choice with your run.

#NTrunning [emoji]128556[/emoji]

Glad I saw this thread. Just started running (literally since high school I think) and I found it very relaxing. Very slow compared to some on this thread 10-11/mi. I hope to gradually lower that time. I ran the Berkeley 5K to get my feet wet and I am looking at the Run The Bay Challenge and The 3 Giant Races (Arizona, San Jose, San Francisco) for 2015.

Tap the share button. It will be followed by another page which will allow you to combine a pic of your choice with your run.

#NTrunning [emoji]128556[/emoji]

I always wondered what the pics would look like on IG, I'll start doing that then at the end of the day.

Question for everyone, what are your daily diets like? What types of foods are you eating in your meals & staying away from or do you even do anything special?
I'm always working on eating better because the better I eat the more efficient I feel my body is as I work out, I just get tired of eating the same few things all the time lol.

If I had the gram, I'd definitely post. Maybe I'll post on Twitter.

As far as diet I try to stay away from fried foods and bread as much as possible. I usually start every morning off with a spinach and fruit based nutriblast.

I want to try some flyknit racers,  is there a good site or store to get a discount on them?  was going to try FTL bday coupon, but it seems they dont carry racers... any help is much appreciated.  thanks!

I want to try some flyknit racers,  is there a good site or store to get a discount on them?  was going to try FTL bday coupon, but it seems they dont carry racers... any help is much appreciated.  thanks!
running warehouse always has discount codes floating around, but they will discontinue them if they are abused, which is something that has happened a few times when NT has gotten a hold of codes. Shoot me a PM for some.

Not the fastest, but I've ran collegiate track and field the past couple years. Feel free to PM with any questions

Regarding gear, Adidas, workouts, being comfortable wearing tights with no shorts in public lol anything running related

What to wear in the cold/how to deal with cold. Etc anything!

I was/am an 800m runner. Don't know if I ill keep up with thread consistently but I'll always check PM!
For someone so used to running on a treadmill (myself) how do you translate that to running outdoors? I feel a treadmill will "push" me to run as in I have the will NOT to lower the speed down. When I used to run outdoors I never felt I had the same will power to not stop.

Do you (or anyone in this thread) use certain techniques? I used to try to visualize say a statue down the road and I would tell myself run hard til you reach that statue, or when I used to run in Central Park, I would tell myself I woudnt stop til I reached this street or this particular spot in the park, but even then I had terrible will power. Treadmill negates that for me.

It's all about preference and just your determination and will. I personally feel I can workout pretty intensely on both but I know others who can't and that is why I try not to discourage treadmill runs because certain people feel comfortable in different settings.

One thing that could help you is to run or workout with outdoors with others, you can push each other or it could just simply be more fun to run with others than being by yourself on a treadmill. There are also running groups out there, go to active.com and see any 5k runs in your area and try that out, others running with you and you wanting to beat some of them might help with your determination.

You can also start out by hiking and once you get used to outdoors, you might be more inclined to workout outdoors?

One thing I use for HIIT workouts (indoors and outdoors) is an app on my phone that times me by round. Run intensely for 10 seconds, walk/jog 20, intense 10, mild 20, stop 20 push-ups, etc.... Try and get through a good set and you'd feel good about yourself and you might be inclined to do it again?

I think I just have to get used to it. Different settings may help too, I actually think running around NYC is great cause you can go by avenues and streets if you have to. I always wanted to run the West Side Highway as well.

Repped. Will look into those running groups.

@madfooteam and @blackrosesnyc on IG are pretty banged up when they go running... and of course your boy rudeboystylis aka @kentseeme. Undefeated and Stussy had some pretty decent tech gear you can use for running a yr. ago... NIKE and NB got some nice tech gear... Lululemon used to be all female... I might mess with this cause its good quality, high end a bit pricey tho....

This morning it was 32, but felt like it was 22, a little bit of snow on the ground with more snow coming down. Still out there. No my question is for those of you that run in snow, what shoes do you use for the snow and hazardous weather?

Bluetooth headphones anyone? Just picked up the plantronics backbeat go 2 and am satisfied with the sound quality. Anybody have the jaybirds freedom sprint set and can compare the 2?

Went to the store to pick up a pair of the Brooks Ghost 7, but they had a sale on the Glycerin 12. Tried those on and they felt more comfortable.

Took them out for a quick run and the first impression is solid. First pair of Brooks I ever owned!

thought this would be the best place to ask:
Any good recommendations for track pants/running pants for those cold early morning runs? I want something slim with a tapered leg below the knee. TIA

How cold does it get in your area?

An alternative would be some cold gear tights. Almost all brands are making them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom