NT S&T: Help me lose weight.

My only thing with these.. and maybe i'm remembering wrong.. is that they have aspartame in them... i don't trust that stuff at all, they're finding bad stuff about it everyday.

Only sweetener i'll use right now is Splenda, and that's because i haven't read enough bad stuff about it yet
They do have aspartame in them... And again, that comes back to moderation. I try and stick to water and green tea (
sick.gif
even though I'm notparticularly fond of it) as much as possible, but every once in awhile I've gotta mix things up. I figure if I only mix it in sparingly, it won't bemuch an issue.

Crystal Light sugar free packets from the grocery store.
splenda makes things taste worse imo... its like that "diet" taste when you drink diet pepsi. i'd just settle for a glass of icecold water. i can drink that with ANY meal. best thing about water is that it goes right through you and its a filler
smile.gif

sugar is evil but if you have a sweetness craving just go for the real thing but go for it only in MODERATION (thats the keyword!)

Originally Posted by 0aktown

Crystal Light sugar free packets from the grocery store.
splenda makes things taste worse imo... its like that "diet" taste when you drink diet pepsi. i'd just settle for a glass of ice cold water. i can drink that with ANY meal. best thing about water is that it goes right through you and its a filler
smile.gif

sugar is evil but if you have a sweetness craving just go for the real thing but go for it only in MODERATION (thats the keyword!)

Only thing i really use sugar packets for is coffee... so using one little splenda every now and again i can deal with.. but you're right, it probablymakes it taste worse overall
laugh.gif

Still - it's no calories.. i think they just remove like an atom from real sugar or something like that.. but i'm with you guys, those sweetenersjust scare me more than real sugar, in general.

Could someone answer my questions?

Which is the better machine to get for exercising?

Treadmill or stationary bike?

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

i think the treadmill is probably better overall, but it'll kinda kill ur knees. the bike is very underrated and if space is an issue i'd gofor that instead.

Stationary bike is my favorite piece of exercise equipment ever. I'm like 6'6" so I stay away from anything that puts too much of a pounding onthe feet or knees, and if you got some pumped up music goin and some headphones you can be burning calories on that thing without even thinking.

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

I know you live in Toronto, we're going to have decent weather from now until the end of September, save your money for now and just run outside. Youcan also play basketball, soccer, or ride your bike outside. Even during rainy days you could pick your spots and do a quick 30 min. run when its barelyraining outside or you could just take those days off. As long as you exercise 4-5 times a week you should be good.

During the winter, put the $500 or so for the treadmill and get a gym membership. Scarborough YMCA is $40/month and you can cancel at any time. ExtremeFitness is like $60/month and it works out to around $500 a year.

And to answer your question, treadmill is better than the bike, but running puts more strain on your body than the bike. Running will burn around 1.5x morecalories than a bike.

^ Thanks for the info, especially Carlos Tevez

I usually run ball at the YMCA, but my membership just ran out and I'm near broke.

Running or riding my bike is a good idea, at this time of the year then.

Back
Top Bottom