NT: School me on 03-05 BMW's Vol. 330CI M3 645I

Sup NT,

Just trying to gain a little more insight and information on used BMW's. Maybe your personal experiences and things to look out for. I'm currently inthe market to purchase a car and it's been a long road. I've test drove everything from 07 Tahoes to 03 M3's. If anybody can spread a little moreinformation on the following cars it'd be greatly appreciated:

02-03 BMW M3 40,000-55,000 Miles

fbc155e54500aae49f58d9f5baffb47609a97b7.jpg

04-05 BMW 330CI 30,000-45,000 Miles

73335aebe9b848de0caba507e5cd29d891fcbca.jpg

04 05 BMW 645i 40,000-60,000 Miles

246156e14e0ba7e3f51742c4fdfaa0deb6c6b92.jpg

What are some recommended BMW websites as well? Thanks!

What are you looking for? Theirs a big difference between a 3, m3, and a 6. Each one is about 20k more than the other respectively.

a sensible person would tell you to go with 330, me on the other hand would tell you to go for the 650.

I have an 02' M3 with 100k miles. It is pretty much reliable except my ignition coils are messed up. This is the second time but I think 01's and02's have that defect that's why there's an extended warranty for that. Maintenance for BMWs are crazy expensive.

I own an E46 M, E36 M and E30 vert, have had an E39 and E53 in the past. Hands down I would buy the M. One thing you should know are M cars are not evenbuilt by BMW, they are designed and manufactured by a division called BMW Motorsport (hence the M). They are specifically desinged to compete and arebasically street legal race cars. That is why people who slap M badges on their cars are frowned upon. In the BMW community it is a sin.

I would by the M any day over any of those other cars, the 6 is decent but it won't be a classic and cannot perform as good as an M. Hands down!

oh and in terms of the UPKEEP on Bimmmers? If you want to PLAY, you gotta PAY! Realize that bimmers are not the most reliable cars, but when they arerunning and performing as they should.....the experience is golden.
pimp.gif

Man Powfo, my eyes water a little bit from watching you grow up over niketalk. I remember you at one point and time being the youngest niketalker. You werelike 12 or something, and now you are going to venture into the land of BMW.

I'll never forget you're most epic topic, " Those of you living in an apartment " was the title and the message was " Sucks to be you"

That goes down as one of the most amazing topics created in the history of Nike Talk.

Kudos to you young lad, for you are one of nike talks heavenly warriors that shall be enshrined in my heart forever.

God Bless,

-Jacob

get the m
driven all of those
the m is the best imo

have an e46 m my self and only thing is maitenance is very pricey for m or just bmws for that matter try to get one with some kind of warranty

Originally Posted by DB WEST

What are you looking for? Theirs a big difference between a 3, m3, and a 6. Each one is about 20k more than the other respectively.

not used its probably like 10 k difference at most the m3 is the best outta the 3 in my opinion, 6 is just not my style and is not sporty enough, the 330ci isslow, look nice but i rather have a xi(awd) but m3 is the best also fastest. 333hp

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Man Powfo, my eyes water a little bit from watching you grow up over niketalk. I remember you at one point and time being the youngest niketalker. You were like 12 or something, and now you are going to venture into the land of BMW.

I'll never forget you're most epic topic, " Those of you living in an apartment " was the title and the message was " Sucks to be you "

That goes down as one of the most amazing topics created in the history of Nike Talk.

Kudos to you young lad, for you are one of nike talks heavenly warriors that shall be enshrined in my heart forever.

God Bless,

-Jacob
laugh.gif
wth jacob...i would get the 6 series cause it looks sexyto me. But ive never driven a BMW so no idea which one is better in terms of performance, etc.

I hope you know that the "6 series" you posted is a M6. Between a M3 330 and 645...I would get a M3. Looks good, many aftermarket partsavailable.Power is there, handling is great. Only thing is... be ready for repairs and maintenance. Make sure the M3 is Apline white w/ red interior and 19inch wheels.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

I hope you know that the "6 series" you posted is a M6. Between a M3 330 and 645...I would get a M3. Looks good, many aftermarket parts available.Power is there, handling is great. Only thing is... be ready for repairs and maintenance. Make sure the M3 is Apline white w/ red interior and 19 inch wheels.
And no SMG %!*%%+@$.
tongue.gif

I'd buy the M3 unless you can get a really good deal on that 6-series. The M3 pushes more power and style than the 645 or 330. I'd say you'd behappier with the interior of the m3 too unless you can find a loaded 6-series.

How much are you looking to put down as your down payments? What kind of loan are you pursuing?

I just paid off my baby and I've never felt better. Good luck man.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

Originally Posted by DB WEST

not used its probably like 10 k difference at most the m3 is the best outta the 3 in my opinion, 6 is just not my style and is not sporty enough, the 330ci is slow, look nice but i rather have a xi(awd) but m3 is the best also fastest. 333hp

I was at Erhard BMW today fam. I don't know about you but at my local dealer they got e46 3's for 20k all day. The e46 m3's are around 30k, and the650s are starting around 50k depending on specifics, but those are roughly what their going for right now. Keep in mind if you buy an M-car maintenance will beeven higher than an equivalent non-m BMW, and gas mileage will be a lot worse as well. The M3 and the 650ci are pretty close speed wise. The 650 has 367hp, butit's bigger. The M has less but it's smaller size makes up for it. Personally I think the 650 is more aesthetically pleasing, and sporty looking, anddraws a lot more attention than the M3 does I've driven the 330cic when It first came out, and it's a nice car but not even in the same league as the6, and the M3. I haven't driven the e46 m3 hardly any compared to the 6 so I can't really speak on that but the 6 is a beast, and handles way betterthan you would expect for being bigger. Go test drive both, and you can decide for yourself which car drives better by your standards. Go towww.bimmerfest.com, and www.bimmerforums.com they both are great sites.

I'd never buy anything other than an M from BMW. The M badge is the reason that BMW exist imo. They put their best efforts into making the M cars, andbuying anything else is just a step down.

Back
Top Bottom