NT: school me on engagement rings! NT JEWELERS? BEN BALLER??

i've only looked into it a little bit...the color and clarity grading pretty much

better value if buying from a chain retailer rather than a local jeweler?

looking for something like this...

pZALE1-2745312_alternate1_t400.jpg

well good luck and congrats on taking this next step dude...that's really all i can offer

All I can say is make sure she says yes!

laugh.gif
�at the mascot's expression...and
smh.gif
T-mac for laughing

they gave my man a complementary beer for taking the L in front of�thousands�of people�
roll.gif

But I do know when you get the engagement ring you have to get a set, I'm not to sure on the details. Go to your local jewelery store and askedquestions.

i love how the camera follows her all the way out of the arena

then dude goes back to his seat w/ a beer...someone must've felt bad and bought it for him
laugh.gif

alright, enough w/ the video

WOW at that vid... [kanye] how could you be sooo heartless! [/kanye] she coulda just took it then talked to him later and Ben is a jeweler he can get youwhatever style ring you want - will he do it is the question...prob too small of a job-

^not looking to get a ring from him or anything...i just know he could offer some advice or insight since he's in the jewelry business

Buy from a local spot for a better overall value.

I'm having a friend make mine and incorporating a design I want and meshing it with one I found online.

where are you located? I would never buy anything from a chain or a small local jeweler either, but I live in NY so I have people in the diamond district I buymy stuff from

the lowest youll want to go is SI 1 Clarity and G color, it will be cheaper then VS-F and look basically the same, as far as buying the diamond seperate fromthe ring, I dont really think youll get any better of a deal that way, most places will basically sell you the setting at cost anyways to get you to buy thestone since the setting isnt worth much to begin with in the grand scheme of things....

I bought my girls ring about 2 years ago so i know its a tough nervous decision when you go buy it...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

buy the diamond separate from the setting.
you'll get the most bang for your buck that way
so, a build your own ring deal? or buy the ring w/ the setting and purchase the center stone separately somewhere around my way?

its the same thing ^ or maybe you worded it wrong- the setting is all the metal/smaller diamonds and your main stone is your center stone- so what people aresaying is shop around for your setting...then buy a main stone and have it set in- look at bluenile.com for examples....

Here are a couple things to think about...

Do you want it certified(GIA)?

Is that the cut/setting your girl wants?

I bought one about a year ago. It's 1.68 carats VS2 G round brilliant cut set on a 18k white gold ring w/ a tiffany setting.

I went round, she doesn't get much of a say in that, because I'm adding stones from my grandmother's ring.....princess would have been my nextchoice had I not used the others.

Princess is fairly safe and common.

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

where are you located? I would never buy anything from a chain or a small local jeweler either, but I live in NY so I have people in the diamond district I buy my stuff from

the lowest youll want to go is SI 1 Clarity and G color, it will be cheaper then VS-F and look basically the same, as far as buying the diamond seperate from the ring, I dont really think youll get any better of a deal that way, most places will basically sell you the setting at cost anyways to get you to buy the stone since the setting isnt worth much to begin with in the grand scheme of things....

I bought my girls ring about 2 years ago so i know its a tough nervous decision when you go buy it...
i live in PA...about 200 miles from NY

good deals in the diamond district?

just searched it today...i'd prefer to buy something a little more unique...something from a mom and pop shop rather than a ring at zales or something

looked at the online catalogs of a few places in my area and didn't really see anything

First off, congrats man, that's a real grown man step. Secondly, I went to Kays cause I have a credit account w/ them. I got my girl a 1/2 ct. round cut in14k for around $1300 after insurance and what not. My advice is don't go all out the first time cause u'll have a hard time beatin what u did the firsttime.
laugh.gif
That's tru story

Back
Top Bottom