NT: School me on flatscreen TVs

Can you guys provide me with insight as to the best Sony flatscreen. Thinking 46' or 52'.  LED or LCD? 
Found a Sony connect that will use their employee discount.
Budget: $1300ish

Can you guys provide me with insight as to the best Sony flatscreen. Thinking 46' or 52'.  LED or LCD? 
Found a Sony connect that will use their employee discount.
Budget: $1300ish

biased opinion but cop dat dere vizio
my dad got me one randomly like 2 years ago i was like !%! IS THIS
hooked it up !!$! was bomb at gaming and everyday use
smokin.gif
even though i barely watch t.v
laugh.gif

smokin.gif
laugh.gif

I bought a Sony 46" 240hz 1080p 3d tv for $1099 at Best Buy on presidents day. Regular price was $2499 I think...Anyway, I upgraded from a 3 year old Samsung 1080p 60hz LCD and it was definitely worth it.

I bought a Sony 46" 240hz 1080p 3d tv for $1099 at Best Buy on presidents day. Regular price was $2499 I think...Anyway, I upgraded from a 3 year old Samsung 1080p 60hz LCD and it was definitely worth it.

I have a 46" Samsung LED 1080p. Joint is dope a hell and like 1" thick.

Highly recommend it. LED > LCD

I have a 46" Samsung LED 1080p. Joint is dope a hell and like 1" thick.

Highly recommend it. LED > LCD

i got a 50" plasma , 61" dlp, and a 32" lcd

i love my 32" for gaming, i hardly use the plasma anymore...and i watch movies on dlp

get a sony or lg or samsung you can something great for that $

i got a 50" plasma , 61" dlp, and a 32" lcd

i love my 32" for gaming, i hardly use the plasma anymore...and i watch movies on dlp

get a sony or lg or samsung you can something great for that $

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

smokin.gif
laugh.gif

the way this is written + your avy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

smokin.gif
laugh.gif

the way this is written + your avy
laugh.gif

LED is the way to go, BUT i have noticed some crazy dropping in prices for LCD. As long as its 1080p you still get damn good quality, as long as its Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, etc.

LED is the way to go, BUT i have noticed some crazy dropping in prices for LCD. As long as its 1080p you still get damn good quality, as long as its Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, etc.

We got 2 LCD TVs (one Sony 40" BRAVIA 1080i, one Panasonic 32" 1080p) and my LED-LCD TV (Samsung 32" 1080i 120HZ). The Sony one's the oldest (used to be around $6,000
sick.gif
It's that old.), yet it still shows the best image among the 3, IMO. Only reason I got the Samsung was because it was on sale that day... and I couldn't afford a BRAVIA myself, at the moment. It's really slim, at less than an inch in thickness.

I have to say, if you have the funds, go for the Sony (more expensive than other competing models with similar features). Samsung is getting there, but it's like comparing Toyotas to Hyundais. Toyotas still > Hyundais in terms of quality, albeit Toyota's boring design-wise. You get what you pay for, though.

Plasma has that image burn-in issues when you have a certain image stationary on screen for long periods of time (e.g., News bars, Scoreboards, etc.). Plus I heard it costs more to maintain them compared to LCD TVs. They are starting to get real cheap, though.

We got 2 LCD TVs (one Sony 40" BRAVIA 1080i, one Panasonic 32" 1080p) and my LED-LCD TV (Samsung 32" 1080i 120HZ). The Sony one's the oldest (used to be around $6,000
sick.gif
It's that old.), yet it still shows the best image among the 3, IMO. Only reason I got the Samsung was because it was on sale that day... and I couldn't afford a BRAVIA myself, at the moment. It's really slim, at less than an inch in thickness.

I have to say, if you have the funds, go for the Sony (more expensive than other competing models with similar features). Samsung is getting there, but it's like comparing Toyotas to Hyundais. Toyotas still > Hyundais in terms of quality, albeit Toyota's boring design-wise. You get what you pay for, though.

Plasma has that image burn-in issues when you have a certain image stationary on screen for long periods of time (e.g., News bars, Scoreboards, etc.). Plus I heard it costs more to maintain them compared to LCD TVs. They are starting to get real cheap, though.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

QFT If I were you I'd look into Samsung, Sony, or Vizio

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

QFT If I were you I'd look into Samsung, Sony, or Vizio

Back
Top Bottom