NT School Me on Setting Up ATMs vol Side Hustle

I saw a few good posts on the side hustle thread and i was wondering what you guys know about setting up an atm machine for some extra cash per month. any infowould be appreciated

nerd.gif

you have to buy or lease the physical machine, i think they are about 15,000, and then you have to pay an armored truck company to come and fill the atmmachine, and you have to pay an atm service that handles all the transactions, lastly you have to pay whoever's place of business you want to put themachine at rent for the space. i looked into it, you can make like 150-300 a week off a good machine.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

you have to buy or lease the physical machine, i think they are about 15,000, and then you have to pay an armored truck company to come and fill the atm machine, and you have to pay an atm service that handles all the transactions, lastly you have to pay whoever's place of business you want to put the machine at rent for the space. i looked into it, you can make like 150-300 a week off a good machine.
some of thats true but the place I work has a ATM and they fill it themselves so IDK bout the armored truck part of it

you have to buy or lease the physical machine, i think they are about 15,000, and then you have to pay an armored truck company to come and fill the atm machine, and you have to pay an atm service that handles all the transactions, lastly you have to pay whoever's place of business you want to put the machine at rent for the space. i looked into it, you can make like 150-300 a week off a good machine.
You purchase or lease an ATM machine, set up data and a phone line for comms inside, you use your own money to fill it up, charge your fee, payrent to where u set up, some cat i know in So Cal got plenty all over, stripclubs is where he banks!

You talking profit right?
How much do you pay the place of business? does it differ a lot depending on the spot?

Am I the only one that refuses to use ATM's though? I cant stand the feeling of a business scamming $2 from me

Location, location, location. I cannot stress this enough.

$15,000 for an ATM? You can find a perfectly good one for $2,000 or less.

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

Am I the only one that refuses to use ATM's though? I cant stand the feeling of a business scamming $2 from me

That's why you use your banks ATM so it's free. Chase Bank everywhere FTW

^ If you own your own ATM, you can put in as much as you want. The more you put, less often you have to reload it. I'd say at least $2,000+.

What machines cost 15k? I've seen some of the advanced Triton machines with the graphical displays and touchscreens for like 5 new and under 2k used.

In fact, a quick Google search and I admit I know nothing about this company but this are the same ATMs you see most places,

http://www.indooratm.com/triton-atm.html is saying less than 3k. Problem is, most places you would makethe most money probably already have one and if the owner is really smart, probably puts his own in.

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

That's why you use your banks ATM so it's free. Chase Bank everywhere FTW
the ATM at the mall was decked out with BofA all over it, so assumed it was a Bank of America ATM machine. I make a transaction and the machinecharges me with a $3 fee
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

^ If you own your own ATM, you can put in as much as you want. The more you put, less often you have to reload it. I'd say at least $2,000+.

as much as the cassette tray can hold, some trays hold more notes than others, i worked on tritons they hold alot..

Originally Posted by OGCalicat925

You purchase or lease an ATM machine, set up data and a phone line for comms inside, you use your own money to fill it up, charge your fee, pay rent to where u set up, some cat i know in So Cal got plenty all over, stripclubs is where he banks!

No lie the strip joint by my house charges $6 a pop and I saw this guy use it like 4 times then it cut him off lol

The data processor doesn't take a cut?
I would imagine that they take a healthy cut.

Best ATM are the retail chains (Duane Reade, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.) that allow "cashback". I wonder why more people don't take advantage ofwhat is essentially a no charge ATM. I usually just buy a 25c pack of gum/ bag of chips or a 10c Airhead and take out however much I need.

Furthermore, I trust these chains a lot more than some of the shady ATM's in the corner Bodega's.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom