NT school me on student loans and should I apply for one?

Take them if you need them. I'm using student loans to pay off other loans I pay a way higher rate on. You can always defer them if @!*@ goes awry.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

Your dad doesn't have $350 to fix his engine?  Did his unionization expire?  I'm sure there's someone in the family who could loan $350 if it's no big deal and future work would be guaranteed.  If so, would you be able to hitch a ride from him or vice versa and just stay there and work a job?

Regarding the "wifey" point, using a comma would help A LOT.  The way it's worded, it makes it sound like you're buying socks and undies for your girl.  The "articulation" needs some work still. 
tongue.gif
I think he might ask my uncle, but he lives in South Gate and my dad's in San Bernardino. Plus my uncle just had a newborn son, so I don't know how that will work. And no, no one else has $350 to just loan. Yeah, I think his unionization did expire, plus he was suspended, so he was out of work for a year. And my bad for that articulation error. I was really tired yesterday, I had to wake up early and was on the bus all day.
What about taking the bus even earlier, or cutting back on classes to accommodate a better work schedule?  I believe in the value of education, but I hate being in debt even more and would do whatever it took to avoid it.  What about a job on or near campus that you can walk to?  The pay won't be great, but at least you'll be able to make something between classes.

I live about 20 miles from my school, plus its on top of a hill. So first, I can't cutback on my commute, and second, there's nothing within walking distance. Also, like previously stated, I live in a bad area. So, if I wanna keep from going to jail for a murder or assault beef and/or keep from being murdered or put in the hospital, I need to get home before cats start trying to flex. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place if I want to earn money while in school and without a car

Originally Posted by 6 got dem handlez

Ask Shane Botwin

Spoiler [+]
obama_ballin.gif

roll.gif

I thought about that on the bus today. Get a bunch of loans then start movin weight. But na, can't do it.

MPLS I probably will. I just wanted different views before I made a decision.

I think he might ask my uncle, but he lives in South Gate and my dad's in San Bernardino. Plus my uncle just had a newborn son, so I don't know how that will work. And no, no one else has $350 to just loan. Yeah, I think his unionization did expire, plus he was suspended, so he was out of work for a year. And my bad for that articulation error. I was really tired yesterday, I had to wake up early and was on the bus all day.
What about taking the bus even earlier, or cutting back on classes to accommodate a better work schedule?  I believe in the value of education, but I hate being in debt even more and would do whatever it took to avoid it.  What about a job on or near campus that you can walk to?  The pay won't be great, but at least you'll be able to make something between classes.

I live about 20 miles from my school, plus its on top of a hill. So first, I can't cutback on my commute, and second, there's nothing within walking distance. Also, like previously stated, I live in a bad area. So, if I wanna keep from going to jail for a murder or assault beef and/or keep from being murdered or put in the hospital, I need to get home before cats start trying to flex. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place if I want to earn money while in school and without a car
Where are you located and where do you go to school and what year are you?

The repayment period for student loans is typically 6 months from when you stop being full time.

To MLPSdunk: I would try to take out a loan to pay off the student loans as fast as possible.  Yes, you may be paying a slightly higher interest rate, but there is a VERY good reason for that.  Student loans can't be forgiven through any means since they are guaranteed by the government.  With a typical unsecured loan they can be renegotiated or even bankrupted if you have to.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

I owe $2,725 on my loan and recently filled out an application for federal student loan free at Fafsa.com and I found it my loan was defaulted which is the worse! I am trying to go to school but I owe money. I left school after my sophomore year attempting to raise grades and I was in a relationship where the sex took precedent over classes... <-- worse mistake ever! when me and my girl broke up i ended up getting the rawest deal alive from everyone who was close to me at that time. I became homeless am now living in and out of a shelter, cant find a job. i don't have a drug or criminal record and am surviving on $200 food stamps every month! The worst. Am currently thinking about joining the military. I hit the bank up and i didn't qualify for a loan. I was thinking about selling my soul and attempting to sling my D*ck but I have no connections plus idk if I'd be wrong for how messed up my life as been to this point. I've learned everything to this point on a first time notice. Its sucks. just stay focused dude. i'm around dudes who just came home all day all night and its horrible conditions out here. word up.
Damn good luck out there G. But can I ask, do you owe because you left or because your semester was over. And to everyone else what's the timetable to start repaying your loan?

I took a summer class after my sophomore year to raise a grade i shouldnt' have gotten a D in while in the semester but my stupid thoughts never asked the teacher why he gave me a D so boom I take the class to raise my grade and fail bringing my gpa down. Now I can't attend school and the other teacher won't give me the 1 extra point i need to get back into school. 6 months later I need to start re-paying loans but its hard for me to keep a job because I was in love with my shorty. fast forward to currently. It's hard finding a job, she's gone, my 2nd family put me out because they felt it was mental health issue not knowing the real situation in the relationship. I'm struggling like crzy. Thinking about entering the military to find some lee-way. Just keep up on your loans and focus in school that's what I can say. cuz im livin' this forreal and my situation isn't as bad but its bad.

Don't take the loan unless you know forsure that you're gonna graduate and have job. Its gonna be a nightmare at the end of the road if you can't pay an extra $300/mnth for 10yrs after you leave school. Depending into what field you wanna get into, you may have to start at the bottom. I've personally seen housekeepers at a hospital move their way up to surgical techs. Gotta rememeber if it was easy everyone would it.

crc: I stay in San Bernardino and go to school in Yucaipa. i just entered my second year in CC.
fox5: Good luck man.
Monster: I know I'll keep at it. I always liked school, just high school wasn't my thing. I wasn't responsible enough back then. I want to go into finance and my current major is econ. I only need it to get a car and the essentials. By freeing up more time I can work and immediately start paying it off within a few months. No need to wait to pay it off.

Back
Top Bottom