NT Shoe Experts: Please recommend me a b-ball shoe...

My brother informed me that a new season's gonna kickoff this weekend and I only have Huarache 2K5's as a shoe. Now, I LOVE the 2K5's for a fewreasons... 1) the ankle strap 2) comfort, I have wide feet and up until the 2K5's they were the most comfortable shoe I'd worn before.

I'd like to try something different though. Only thing is I'm very selective of what I play in because I've sprained both my ankles and Iabsolutely needed a ankle strap for piece of mind.

I'm currently looking towards two shoes: Zoom BBII or the Windmills.

So... to the shoe EXPERTS/ANALYSTS/SCIENTISTS/WEARERS... which of the above mentioned two should I go with? Obviously, the ankle strap is being overlookedbut I'm hoping that one or the other will have the comfort that I had with the 2K5's.

Thanks in advance!

Zoom BB 2!!! It hasn't got an ankle strap but it provides really good support and stability. It's a very comfortable shoe with excellent low profilecushioning(Full length zoom air). It's very responsive with decent traction and ventilation!
smokin.gif

About the Flight Windmill, from what I've heard it's cushioning is not good(only heel zoom air unit) and the ankle support is awful!
Yet it's got lovely traction and breath ability and it weighs only 12.1 oz!
eek.gif

I would definitely go with the BB2! A much better shoe!
wink.gif

try zoom kobe 1!comfort,traction and responsiveness is unmatched!need to use ankle support though....

Air Force 25's are your best bet. I have wide feet too and they feel pretty good. They have an ankle strap and provide that lockdown feel. It's reallyno area where they don't do good in. The only thing they are missing is full length zoom air.

Go with the Zoom BB2, one of Nikes best Bball shoes in the last 5 years. As mentioned they are very light and have a nice court feel for multi directionalmovement. They are real low to the ground, so you wont roll the ankles on any bulky midsoles. Wish they still had the lebron 20-5-5, I would have recomendedthose for you, they locked down my foot as good as anything (better than any AJ since the XIV).

As for the AF 25, I really loved the comfort and fit of the shoe, as well as the feeling of stability. But they tend to be a nightmare for rolling your ankles.I have seen tons of NBA players, a couple knicks guys, dirk, ect roll ankles in games wearning them. Those midsoles are just so damn thick and hard and if youcome down on the side of your food even slightly, they will not give, your ankle will just buckle.

They have an ankle strap and provide that lockdown feel
that strap does absolutely nothing.

that being said the anle support is good regardless and it is an excellent shoe.

But they tend to be a nightmare for rolling your ankles. I have seen tons of NBA players, a couple knicks guys, dirk, ect roll ankles in games wearning them. Those midsoles are just so damn thick and hard and if you come down on the side of your food even slightly, they will not give, your ankle will just buckle.
no.

a 'couple of knicks, dirk, etc' does not count as a ton of player.

that hardly qualifies this shoe as a ankle rolling nigtmare.

af25 is an excellent shoe and you shouldnt have any excessive ankle problems in them.

If you get the AF25...don't get the Supreme! The Premium versions have a soft neoprene toungue sleeve and lighter, whereas the Supreme has really thickleathers and a leather tongue.

I like the BB line myself, or try out the LebronV, a GREAT shoe.

How would AF25's work for this guy?

Yeah, they might give him good comfort, cushioning and fit, but if he likes 2K5's then AF25's probably wouldn't work. They're much heavier andbulkier, and regardless of how Nike tried to market them, they are not guard-oriented shoes.

If you're just looking for the comfort you got in the 2K5's, either one of the two would probably do. I've only played in the Windmills though, soI can't speak about the BB2's. I liked the 2K5's as well, one of the best heel to toe transitions I've experienced in a shoe. The windmills arepretty comfortable, but I could see a lot of people not liking them. They're pretty minimalistic and I like them for indoor use.

I'd also look at Lebron II's and Kobe II Strengths.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

If you get the AF25...don't get the Supreme! The Premium versions have a soft neoprene toungue sleeve and lighter, whereas the Supreme has really thick leathers and a leather tongue.

the supremes are stiffer because of the materials but they are redonk in terms of quality and detail and still extremely comfortable. lasered strap is anice touch and tastefully done.
Yeah, they might give him good comfort, cushioning and fit, but if he likes 2K5's then AF25's probably wouldn't work. They're much heavier and bulkier, and regardless of how Nike tried to market them, they are not guard-oriented shoes.

slashing PG and i dont find weight or bulk to be an issue with these.

if you really need to feel the strap across the front however it might not be the way to go.

have you tried the huarache elite from this season or last?

Thanks for the replies!

As of now, I have my sights on the BB2's. Though I won't count out the AF25 due to the ankle strap. The strap is an issue, but it's not a majorissue so if I feel the BB2's are as comfy as the 2K5's then I won't have a problem. I'm not so much worried if the strap actually helps or not,it's just for piece of mind...

have you tried the huarache elite from this season or last?

No, I havent. I know exactly what shoe you're talking about so I'll take a look at those as well.

BB II's - Eastbay
Kobe 1's - eBay/NT
AJ XIX - eBay/NT

The Windmills are HORRIBLE. No ankle support at all and the cushioning is nowhere to be seen.

^That doesn't make them "HORRIBLE".

Just because a shoe doesn't work for you, it doesn't make it a bad shoe. When it doesn't work for almost EVERYONE, then it's a bad shoe. TheKobe II hurt my ankle after a bit, but by no means is it a bad shoe, it just doesn't work for me.

The Windmills don't have strong ankle restriction, so if you are paranoid about that, avoid them. While the cushioning may not be full length, max volumeZoom like Lebron II's, it's definitely there. The shoe is very responsive, and I play in mine for 2-3 hour sessions without any issues with thecushioning. Impact protection might be an issue for some, but I was fine.

There's a reason it was going to be called the Hyperflight II, it's super lightweight, minimalistic and low profile - all things that fit mypreferences/game style perfectly. For me, once I'm used to playing in something like these or BB lows, I don't want to revert to something that'sheavier, more restrictive or bulkier, but that's just me.

Actually, instead of the BB2s, your probably better off w/ the BB1s if u can find them. The BB1s simply felt more secure on my foot though the BB2s are stilla good shoe. The BB2s upper bends easily causing unsightly wrinkles and discomfort when keeping your toes bent often. Though, this could be a result of theextra tight lacing i needed to do to compensate for the looseness i spoke of earlier. However, it may just be the shape of my feet though i've spoken toothers who feel the same. If you still decide on the BB2s, i recommend wearing extra thick crew socks like Thorlo BB or those thick Jordan/NBA 1s to help fillem out - like i said, its still a good shoe equipped w/ that zoom sole; the court feel is amazing because of it and i do ball in them occasionally just cuzthey're so damn pretty in the Blk/Red/Whte colorway i found them in from asia!
Also, you mentioned u wore the 2k5s before. If they're ur fave shoe, u may not be satisfied w/ the BB2s since i consider the 2k5s 1 of the best all timeballin shoes. Still, you'll find the ZBB line in general are closer to the 2k5s than the windmills. The BBs r lower to the ground and have the wide solesimilar to the 2k5s but r a bit heavier(16.4 oz). The windmills r much lighter (almost ridiculously so at a bit over 12 oz)but look like ankle breakers whichis why i didn't get them.
Anyways, hope that was helpful (though long-winded) and good luck finding the right BB sneaks!

Back
Top Bottom