NT should I be worried?

So heres the story. Back when I was 19 I was with an ex gf at the time. We both didn't have our Id's or anything like that and I was just in a hurry to get a telly to smash in. Stupid thing is dude says, "It's Ok you can just use your SSN." So me being a complete %!@%$#* I write it down. I am pretty sure I paid in cash that night, but if I used my card that's a double headache for me. This was four years ago. Not to be racist or anything but the dude who was working the night audit was of hispanic race. I am Filipino with a hispanic last name. What should I be worried about, and is there anything I can do to protect myself from Identity theft. 
indifferent.gif
 There could very well be another me lurking in the U.S that I don't know about. I have never had any suspicious withdrawls or anything of that sort, but I've heard many a story where people's lives are ruined. I am worried that someone will jeopardize whatever good fortune and hard earned success that may come my way. 

So heres the story. Back when I was 19 I was with an ex gf at the time. We both didn't have our Id's or anything like that and I was just in a hurry to get a telly to smash in. Stupid thing is dude says, "It's Ok you can just use your SSN." So me being a complete %!@%$#* I write it down. I am pretty sure I paid in cash that night, but if I used my card that's a double headache for me. This was four years ago. Not to be racist or anything but the dude who was working the night audit was of hispanic race. I am Filipino with a hispanic last name. What should I be worried about, and is there anything I can do to protect myself from Identity theft. 
indifferent.gif
 There could very well be another me lurking in the U.S that I don't know about. I have never had any suspicious withdrawls or anything of that sort, but I've heard many a story where people's lives are ruined. I am worried that someone will jeopardize whatever good fortune and hard earned success that may come my way. 

idk, you said in your other thread that you're 23, so i think something would have happened by now if dude was gonna use your ID.

idk, you said in your other thread that you're 23, so i think something would have happened by now if dude was gonna use your ID.

4 years later though... I still don't know which thread I funnier, this or "I just found a camera... Who's with me!!!?"

laugh.gif

4 years later though... I still don't know which thread I funnier, this or "I just found a camera... Who's with me!!!?"

laugh.gif

That's a positive way to think about it. Since then I've changed debit cards, adresses and employer's so hopefully I'm good. It still erks me till this day. I kinda feel like I'm in the scope of a sniper.

That's a positive way to think about it. Since then I've changed debit cards, adresses and employer's so hopefully I'm good. It still erks me till this day. I kinda feel like I'm in the scope of a sniper.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

I don't know, but if they got ur SSN it's a wrap
STUPID question(too lazy to google) but what's the absolute worst thing someone can do with a person's SSN?

STUPID question(too lazy to google) but what's the absolute worst thing someone can do with a person's SSN?

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

A slew of fraudulent activity including credit fraud, which is my main concern.

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

A slew of fraudulent activity including credit fraud, which is my main concern.

If you're really worried about it it's possible to change your SSN so the prior one doesn't even matter anymore.

If you're really worried about it it's possible to change your SSN so the prior one doesn't even matter anymore.

I read it was nearly impossible since it's tied to so many different records. I will address this situation tomorrow as soon as I wake up lol

I read it was nearly impossible since it's tied to so many different records. I will address this situation tomorrow as soon as I wake up lol

Back
Top Bottom