NT: Should I move to D.C. or Atlanta Vol. 2 job offers

I honestly need to know which city is better. (Grad Schools, Cost of living, nightlife, women, etc..)

I'm going to work for a few years then go to grad school. I was looking at the D.C. area since it's closer to Ivy league grad schools. However, Atlantawouldn't hurt since it's a thriving city, plus they have a few decent grad schools down there.

Could you all provide info if you have lived in either city and how you liked it?

I'm going to need some new friends when I move too...
embarassed.gif
roll.gif

Real talk I been nervous bout DC ever since I sAw that thread saying 3% of people in DMV have AIDS/HIV

Now I say atl

I wanna hit Georgetown for grad tho

D.C.

My reasons:

1) Jobs: There will always be jobs in the DC/MD/VA area because of the Federal Government
2) Grad schools: like u said...theres alot of them....Georgetown, George Washington, Howard, American, University of MD, John Hopkins, etc
3) Nite Life: There is something to do every nite of the week if you really wanted to...beautiful women everywhere...dont let that stat scare you ..but let itmotivate you to stay stapped up

The only thing I prefer in ATL over D.C. is the cost of living.....In the D.C. area...its expensive as #*#.... I know in ATL, things are alot of cheaper interms of owning houses / renting apt's.

based on your job choices

my gut feeling says pick the govt job regardless of city

thats just me though

don't worry about all that night life stuff, every city has its spots

both cities have public transportation

the cost of living is all about budgeting your paycheck, its all relative to your wants
grin.gif

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Coca-Cola marketing in ATL and a government agency in D.C.
nerd.gif
if you are into marketing .. check out AT&T in atl as well... thats where their main coporate office is

I love DC, but know nothing about Atlanta.

DC has something for everyone though, and something is always going on.

After seeing the offers......go to D.C.....a job in the federal gov't is the most stable job u can have..theres no way u can be fired unless ur caughtsteelin boxes/ supplies word to Craig from Friday..real talk this dude in the feds was sexually harassing this woman...does he get fired? no...he just gotmoved to another location.....in 1 year Coca Cola could decide to lay off and then what....in this time of recession...go wit the gov job

just move to MD in prince goerges county..i live in hyattsville and im 1min away from d.c and cost of living aint all that bad if you do your research on it.and the clubs at DC be
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom