NT some legal help plz!

airthompson

Staff member
This morning I went to pick my car up from my girls apartment. I immediately noticed a letter from the manager which stated the garage had been broken. I then saw the door was off track, soI went inside and my Camaros spoiler was all scratched the **** up by the garage latch. Mind you the car was painted a year ago today on my birthday.

I'm going to get a quote now. Is the building owner responsible because his door was built like ****?

I'd appreciate the help thnx

shoulda copped the m3

really tho check what it says in the rent/lease agreement and whether or not hes responsible for what happens to ur car

this probably aint the right place to ask for legal help.

keep the letter. the manager has pretty much admitted fault. if it was something like another car hitting your car, you'd be SOL, but this seems like damage as a result of negligence, so you should be good. call your insurance company and tell them what happened; it's what you pay them for.

Back in college at an old girlfriends apartment complex the parking garage door malfunctioned and came down on cars entering/leaving the garage. The property management company took care of the tab for the damanged parties involved.

Just my 2 cents.

Did the spot u parked in assigned to your gf? If it was, I don't see why they wouldn't pay for the damages. It's prob covered by their insurance anyways

Im pretty sure the complex manager contacting you to tell you what happened is the first step in them taking responsibility. I dont think you will have any problem getting them to pay for repairs.

I appreciate the help y'all. I tried to stay calm and not throw a fit. I'll get the number to the property owner and tell him about the damages.

@Smokey13 I did park in my girls parking spot. So that's exactly what I thought.

@Thadocta Buildings aren't responsible for losses or damages, but if its from their building I'm positive they gotta take fault.

@JesusShuttlesworth that's exactly what I expected thanks for the help.

I appreciate the help once again.

Did the spot u parked in assigned to your gf?
Did the letter serve more as a warning about the garage or was it a personal letter stating they're at fault? Nonetheless, check the rent/lease agreement and contact your insurance.

Did the spot u parked in assigned to your gf?

Did the letter serve more as a warning about the garage or was it a personal letter stating they're at fault? Nonetheless, check the rent/lease agreement and contact your insurance.

It was a letter warning it was broken. However I took pics of the damage and garage door before getting my vehicle out. I got it from here.

Unless posted in the garage stating they assume no responsibility for lost or damage, they should be liable

Unless posted in the garage stating they assume no responsibility for lost or damage, they should be liable

Even if they do have a sign posted, there are many instances where they would be responsible....for example, if you park in a garage where they take your key, if something goes wrong with your car, theyre responsible, as they have assumed domain over your property.

Back
Top Bottom