NT started the "bred" nickname? VOL. Shout outs

NiceKicks gave NT a shout out today in an article, about nicknames.
 “Bred” is a common, shortened way to describe the black/red color schemes of the Air Jordan 11 and Air Jordan 4. The term has even seeped into the description of other sneakers. Most people do not realize that the nickname did not originate as a description of either of the models its most often used for. “Bred” started to spread within Nike Talk, a popular sneaker forum, in 2003, when an early colorway description for the Air Jordan 12 Retro marked the colorway as “b.red”, instead of “Black/Red” as normally used. From there, the “Bred” nickname took on a life of its own, and is now used to describe two of the most popular sneakers in history, but ironically, is not used when referring to the Air Jordan 12 the nickname originally derived from.
Sneaker-Nicknames-Explained-619x384.jpg

we did, still hate it to this day though....started 2001 though so da article is wrong in that sense.

i aint mad at raptor VII's though.

Last edited:
I hate all these dumb nicknames. You're really too lazy to just call it by it's color on the box?

I hate all these dumb nicknames. You're really too lazy to just call it by it's color on the box?

"Hey man are you getting those Black, Varisty Red, and White Air Jordan 11 retros?"

Too long; didn't say.

Like just saying black and red is so difficult? It was never a problem before. It's a combination of the text generation and people getting dumber. I always thought it was lazy.

See the Raptor name is the worst in my book because it doesn't make any sense.

The Air Jordan VII was released in 1992

The Raptors didn't become an organization until 1995, years after the original Black / Dark Charcoal / True Red.

The "Bugs Bunny" always fit for the straps and the ad campaign when the shoe originally released. Most called it Bugs Bunny because they didn't know which number it was so they went by what the ads showed.

not even mad for bred.

and I didn't know NT started it :smokin

as far as raptors 7 :smh:

See the Raptor name is the worst in my book because it doesn't make any sense.

The Air Jordan VII was released in 1992

The Raptors didn't become an organization until 1995, years after the original Black / Dark Charcoal / True Red.
it got da nickname raptors because back in 2002 da jersey era was on FULL tilt, and da blatantly obvious choice to match em was

a vince carter jersey, and matchin raptors apparel.

it got da nickname raptors because back in 2002 da jersey era was on FULL tilt, and da blatantly obvious choice to match em was

a vince carter jersey, and matchin raptors apparel.

Basically. They should ALWAYS be called Raptors because of this exact reason IMO.

Back
Top Bottom