NT: Tell me why I should drink Protein shakes after my workouts

yeeupp

Banned
I workout about 4-5 days a week, I usually make a smoothie later when i get home from the gym.

I've looked up Protein shakes and I've heard "you're missing out" if you don't drink any, it's highly recommended.

I began tryin to increase my vertical and protein shakes was also recommended..

Would this be a good move? If so which brand and such ?

in simplest terms you are ripping muscle apart literally in the gym. protein helps build it up.

you could go more scientific but apply some logic. may not be a shake per se but increase the protein levels since you on this daily workout agenda.

take a light shake 30 mins after if you can.....

chocolate milk works just fine too perfect ratio of fats protein carbs

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Protein shakes are a scam, increase protein through foods and foods only.

indifferent.gif

unless youre trying to become a body builder, milk will do fine. protien shakes wont hurt, but they arent 100% necessary either.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by roc4life24

chocolate milk works just fine too perfect ratio of fats protein carbs

Regular chocolate milk, low fat ?
Any kind of chocolate milk really.

eek.gif
I can drink Chocolate milk after workouts? How much? Would a bottle do? Nes Quick?

Originally Posted by Squalie413

Cant just be any reg milk? has to be chocolate?

might as well be reg milk. what are you guys saying?
choc milk is nothing better or more protien than reg milk. f outta here with that.

Protien shakes will help you get swole. you gotta drink them after a workout before your anabolic window closes. why exactly? why does it matter? do you want get swole, or get hops?

thats the real question...drink the shake man.

nt is crazy with this garbage fitness advice

It's not the protein in chocolate milk that makes a difference - it was discovered in a study that it is as good as other fancy sports drinks in aiding recovery.

As others have said though - protein is OD for the average person. Unless your diet is deficient then you don't need to take a protein supplement. You need less than you think and taking it after a workout has no benefit over eating normally through the day - replacing carbs and electrolytes is a different issue though.

I've been lifting 4-5 days a week for about 6 months straight now, and I've gained more weight and built more mass in the months where I could afford protein
laugh.gif
#justsayin.

Don't overdo it though, and make sure you drink a lot of water.

Protein shakes arent needed just go to the hood and see how many swole dudes there are or better yet just look at prison.

Originally Posted by f3DJam

Originally Posted by Squalie413

Cant just be any reg milk? has to be chocolate?

might as well be reg milk. what are you guys saying?
choc milk is nothing better or more protien than reg milk. f outta here with that.

Protien shakes will help you get swole. you gotta drink them after a workout before your anabolic window closes. why exactly? why does it matter? do you want get swole, or get hops?

thats the real question...drink the shake man.

nt is crazy with this garbage fitness advice
This entire post is hysterical. 
laugh.gif

anybody else fart like crazy after a protein shake ?

i could power a small amish village with whats coming outta me every 2 minutes
laugh.gif

basically the chocolate is for taste some extra sugars i think

protein shakes have now a days 60gs which is OD but basic milk has something normal/complement to full meals

the only time i drink a protein shake is when i get my workouts done in the morning when ive had little to no breakfast
to help me out thru the day till my next meal

...protein shakes help repair and rebuild muscle fibers...it is just a supplement not a replacement......its mainly ur diet that will help U get U where u want...

So what protien shakes are best, or should i look into if i begin ? Theres thousands at GNC..

Originally Posted by kdawg

It's not the protein in chocolate milk that makes a difference - it was discovered in a study that it is as good as other fancy sports drinks in aiding recovery.

As others have said though - protein is OD for the average person. Unless your diet is deficient then you don't need to take a protein supplement. You need less than you think and taking it after a workout has no benefit over eating normally through the day - replacing carbs and electrolytes is a different issue though.

My diet is wildly deficient at the moment though
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I started drinking protein shakes after serious workouts back in january for the first time and it made a HUGE difference in how my muscles were able to recover. 

Back
Top Bottom