NT True Life: Getting an Apartment with a sibling? Vol. Gotta Move Out..

s0lefunk

Supporter
NT, I dont know about this one.. Does anyone else live with a sibling? After being c-blocked by parents being home for the past 3 days, I cant take itanymore.

I'm still in college (home on break) and have arrangements to live with some friends in a suite for my junior year (next year) but come my senior year,housing isnt gaureenteed. Commuting is possible but a very last resort and my sister is in the process of moving out the house in the near future. She proposedto my parents that I move in with her since she planned on living in the area of my school since she works out there.

Like all siblings, we've had our fights in our younger years but as we've got older and matured we get along pretty well. Honestly, I dont thinkI'd have a problem living with her. Its just the idea seems
eyes.gif
. Do anyof yall have experience with living with a sibling?

I dunno...like if it was a brother, id say yeah. But I dont know what itd be like living with a sister. It'd probably be ok.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I dunno...like if it was a brother, id say yeah. But I dont know what itd be like living with a sister. It'd probably be ok.

Exactly what I was thinking...but you said before that yall get along so its a toss up.

I say do it anyway..

Don't do it. First, chicks will think its your girl. And second, you can't LIVE like a man with your sister in the house. Nope, Naw, Nada,Never...I'll pass

I would think siblings would be alright. Living with friends is a definite no go. I have two friends who were like best friends for 12 years, they moved intogether with their respective girls and now they both dont even talk to eachother. It got real bad at one point. Siblings sound ok, friends def recommend youdon't.

As long as it's not for too long, I could live with my sister for maybe a year max and after we have to go separate ways...

personally I could not live with my brother, he is off his rocker so that is the reason. But honestly I think living with a girl sibling would have itsadvantages. Girls are more organized, cleaner, neater. If you and your sister can get along I think it could have its advantages. It would just be weird to seeyour sister coming home with guys. Do not know how I would deal with that. Other than that it seems cool.

I actually have the same idea. Right now he is living w/ his friends and doesn't like it all that much. Me and my brother get along and I've lived w/him my entire life practically. why would it be any different because our parents aren't there. It would save money, and you really can be honest w/ familymembers more so than strangers or friends, because you wouldn't have to worry about saying the wrong thing, theft or anything else like that. I say go forit.

The only downside I see is when rent comes around. Just like w/ friends there may be a bit of comfort so saying "Hey can u get it this time" might beeasier for friends/family. As stated, it really depends on the people involved and how responsible/reliable (and clean) they are.

I was living w/ two friends for awile. But then one of my guys joined the Peace Core...so I crags listed a roomate. Anyway, me and my other dude had a fallingout, and since i couldnt find another person to take his place my roomates brother moved in. Now that I moved out, her sister is moving in. So now the house isall family. They seem to get along...so I dunno. It seems they give each other space and live seperate lives so it works

I'm in the process right now.

I'm living with my sister because we both happened to be moving to NY at the same time, and it just happened to be a convenient situation for both of us tolive together. First, I only agreed because I knew it would only be for 6-months and because our parents are helping us out since they were pushing for us tolive together and I half didn't want to.

It definitely takes an extra layer of maturity to live with your sister, you have to just let some things go that would rattle you if it was a normal roommate.The situation with girls really isn't that bad because living with her opens you up to all of her friends and your instantly trusted because of yourstatus.

I say if it's your last option be cool with it and good luck, but definitely make sure it's for a certain smaller rent time, because I know Icouldn't last forever like this.

Swosh

me and my little brother got a house together, i'm 22, he's 18... we're both working all day, beastin' all night, so we rarely ever see eachother, except for gameday...

the only problem i have is that he unDS'd a few pairs of my J's a while back, and i had to snuff him in his sleep... he also has the tendency to eatthings out the refrigerator that he didn't pay for, and i become forced to snuff him in his sleep...

the good thing is, he's my brother, so i get to snuff him in his sleep and get away with it :smile:.

When I lived with my family I hated it more than anything...I couldnt do it again..my 20 yr old sister, I'd make it work cause she needs me, but hell tothe nah. My parents were tryna talk us into it when we first started moving out, but then I remembered how unreliable my sisters were/are. Can't go thatroute.

I dont live with a sibling but i do have a brother. If he asked to move in with me i wouldnt mind, me and my brother have a great relationship. As long as youand your sister get along for the most part it shouldnt be too much of a problem, nothing wrong with it.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by apwrxmd

Do you really want to know everytime your sister is having sex?

What are you doing? Listening at the door?
laugh.gif

what if you walk in one day and they're fornicating on the kitchen table?

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by apwrxmd

Do you really want to know everytime your sister is having sex?

What are you doing? Listening at the door?
laugh.gif

what if you walk in one day and they're fornicating on the kitchen table?

If your sister or anyone has the audacity to do that w/ any roommate then she isn't roommate worthy
laugh.gif

i lived with my older brother for a year. it wasnt bad at all. we respected eachothers boundaries and it worked out quite well.

Originally Posted by jtothadub

me and my little brother got a house together, i'm 22, he's 18... we're both working all day, beastin' all night, so we rarely ever see each other, except for gameday...

the only problem i have is that he unDS'd a few pairs of my J's a while back, and i had to snuff him in his sleep... he also has the tendency to eat things out the refrigerator that he didn't pay for, and i become forced to snuff him in his sleep...

the good thing is, he's my brother, so i get to snuff him in his sleep and get away with it :smile:.

roll.gif
roll.gif

As long as you can set rules and everyone follows them, my older brother never listens to me, makes a mess every where, doesn't manage money well at alland doesn't do anything I ask so
smh.gif

i wouldnt wanna live with my sister, its too different on that tip, and when things arent going smoothly she'll try to play you out on that im your oldersister tip. and the whole sex aspect is a bad look too. You said you need to move cuz u got c-blocked by your parents, but if you live in an apartment bedroomsare usually next to each other. and do you really wanna be putting work in and have your sister banging on the wall saying, i have work tomorrow at 8am! anygirl your with would get so embarassed and bounce.

Originally Posted by Hustle1man

i wouldnt wanna live with my sister, its too different on that tip, and when things arent going smoothly she'll try to play you out on that im your older sister tip. and the whole sex aspect is a bad look too. You said you need to move cuz u got c-blocked by your parents, but if you live in an apartment bedrooms are usually next to each other. and do you really wanna be putting work in and have your sister banging on the wall saying, i have work tomorrow at 8am! any girl your with would get so embarassed and bounce.

I can see her tryin to pull rank on things like dishes and cleaning and whatnot. We'll have a system but I can see her coming in from a bad day and itbe her turn to do dishes and she'll say "I pay most of the rent. I work more than you. I shouldnt have to clean..blah blah". I'm pretty surethats the worst it'll get.

And man, I'll be honest, chicks aint gonna be runnin in and out my place. The only reason I put the c-block thing in was because a chick I used to messwith was home for break and she was trying to chill before she went back to school. I'm just mad because everytime she planned on comin over I had to hither back like "Naw, parent(s) is home.." Its a difficult situation to explain.. Damnit man, I been waitin almost a year to see her now I gotta waita couple months... crap just aint fair.

But the whole havin girls over thing. I'm sure I can get my sis out the picture if I just let her know in advance.. but I'm not one to bring theoutside world into my home so that issue wont be too big a problem.

I live with my sister and honestly it`s not a big deal. Being west Indians we got Friends that are pushing 40 and still live at home with moms,dad and sister.It`s cool I pay all the bills and she pays me back within 2 days. She works days and i work nights I dgaf who she brings home as long as they ain`t here at thehouse when she ain`t home. She don`t eat of my food and she don c-block when my door closed it`s closed sent me a text if you wanna talk to me.

Back
Top Bottom