NT Videographers, I need help. Come on in.

Let me cut right to the chase.

I need to get footage off a camcorder that was recorded on a tape onto something more digital like a SD card or portable hard drive

How do I do this? Is it even possible?

Thanks.

Let me cut right to the chase.

I need to get footage off a camcorder that was recorded on a tape onto something more digital like a SD card or portable hard drive

How do I do this? Is it even possible?

Thanks.

its on vhs?
they sell those 'vhs to dvd' kits online an at radio shack.
what video inputs do you have on your video card.

its on vhs?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

its on vhs?
It's on those little camcorder HDV tapes.

I don't want it to go a DVD. I need for the footage to become an actual file, which I open and edit.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

its on vhs?
It's on those little camcorder HDV tapes.

I don't want it to go a DVD. I need for the footage to become an actual file, which I open and edit.

^yea but those kits come with the video cables and software for your pc.

Id assume they make a file on your computer and u don't have to burn it.

Just seems like the easiest way.

^yea but those kits come with the video cables and software for your pc.

Id assume they make a file on your computer and u don't have to burn it.

Just seems like the easiest way.

Easiest way to do it is to capture the raw footage in any video program. I personally use Final Cut Pro and capture from the camera to the computer. You can then convert it to whatever format you want and then have the raw file.

You can pay someone for digital conversion, or you can just buy the equipment yourself. Either way, if you don't have the equipment, you will be paying.

Easiest way to do it is to capture the raw footage in any video program. I personally use Final Cut Pro and capture from the camera to the computer. You can then convert it to whatever format you want and then have the raw file.

You can pay someone for digital conversion, or you can just buy the equipment yourself. Either way, if you don't have the equipment, you will be paying.

Plug the camera into the computer and import the file. Should be able to file capture in FCP, or heck, even iMovie.

Plug the camera into the computer and import the file. Should be able to file capture in FCP, or heck, even iMovie.

Back
Top Bottom