NT, what am I supposed to expect? vol. going to college

I start school at Ga. State University this June and the closer I get the more nervous it makes me. Is the transition from HS to a university difficult? Isthere a huge emphasis on "fitting in"? I know a lot of you guys on here are students and I figured that some of you guys would be a great soure togain imput. What is college life like? Anyone go to Ga. State? Help me out.

[h3][/h3]
NT, what am I supposed to expect?
Females
pimp.gif

But on the real, I never had an issue "fitting in" or anything like that. That could be because of the college I went to, but I only had classes forlike 2 hours a day and went home. In my 3rd and 4th years of college is when I really noticed the difference as far as assignments go. My classes werebasically 4 exams and those determined our grade for the semester.

i wanted to go to GA State.....i like how the campus is downtown.....

but the transition isnt that hard.....as far as fittin in, i would say the people who try to hard have the most trouble

alot of nice girls throwing it at you...other than that, alot of school work and tests

I hear a lot of "it's the best four years of your life" but just how is that so? Madd people are broke ane stressed. I'm not sure how youguys look at it... but those two are not signs of the good life.

because you can be broke and stressed and still get *$@##* up at parties and +!%$ @%$$#$# in their poop shoots ... its like being an organized alcoholic withlife purpose

AIDS
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No lie... wrap it up get that saran wrap and the wear a mag condom you'll be fine

dont be afraid to go to tas and get a head. thats how ya succeed but have fun doing it.
pimp.gif

You will meet a lot of interesting new people, many of whom you will likely gain as friends for the rest of your life. You will mature a lot as a person. Youwill learn a lot about many different subjects, and hopefully you will come out of university a lot smarter.

I consider it the period in a guy's life where he goes from being a boy to a man. Unfortunately, as you'll find out, a lot of people won't succeedin that respect.

So the work load isn't that bad right? Because that's what I'm mostly concerned about. I know there's gonna be a ton of girls but I am notlooking for anything serious so that's not heavy on my mind. I just wanna be prepared. If you don't have good study habits will that effect anything?

Thanks a lot know polish, but what do you mean when you say not many people will succeed in that respect? Are you referring to dropping out ormaturing?

Damnit I hate Yuku sometimes...Now I gotta re-tpye this.

Anyway, I'm a Freshmen at Georgia State. I had a 3.1 G.P.A. in high school, ended up with a 3.5 my first semester. Now I had to earn that 3.5, Ididn't spend much time partying or whatever. The workload hasn't been so bad, but there are some weeks when you'll have like three tests and apaper due, and it just straight up sucks. But if you know how to manage your time, you'll be alright.

If you're black, you'll have plenty of females to chase. If you're white, not so much, trust me.

PM me if you have any other questions.

its really really all about the teachers and what classes you pick. sometimes its just up to god for you to either get a real great teacher or a real slim ballwho grades harder than crap. workload is really all about the teachers. ask around, thats what i did. teacher reputation is key. I would definetly overloadclasses. take 6 if you are required 5, or take 5 if you need just 4 and drop the worst one. I dont know nothing about GA state. but just in general

go to ratemyprofessor.com and choose your classes by teachers. Some teachers are down right awful and make the class hard to understand and make it difficultto learn, other teachers can teach in a way where you'd want to go to class.

Originally Posted by solesurvi0r7

So the work load isn't that bad right? Because that's what I'm mostly concerned about. I know there's gonna be a ton of girls but I am not looking for anything serious so that's not heavy on my mind. I just wanna be prepared. If you don't have good study habits will that effect anything?

If you don't have good study habits, then don't expect to automatically have good ones in college. That's the biggest thing I struggle with,just being lazy about it.

From the sounds of your posts, you just need to calm down. Stressing out over the academics should not be your priority, you should be just looking forwardto college cause it's college.

At times it'll be incredibly stressful, but then in just the next day it'll be the most fun you've ever had. Be prepared and understand that alot of things are out of your control and you just have to go with the flow in life. It'll be filled with highs and lows, but for the most part, the highsand the good times will vastly outweigh any stressful times you may have.

Don't go into it thinking that if you don't do well, you'll be a failure in life and never succeed and no one will ever love you, but at thesame time, don't forget that you're there to learn and school should be your focus. The biggest thing you should expect is to try and find the balancebetween school and fun, and once you have that down... you'll be fine.

It's college... enjoy the ride.

have fun man. but keep in mind that you're at school well for school. so stay on top of your studies and you'll be fine.

so balance out school and fun, and you'll enjoy college. freshmen year was prolly my favorite year of college.

Originally Posted by solesurvi0r7

So the work load isn't that bad right? Because that's what I'm mostly concerned about. I know there's gonna be a ton of girls but I am not looking for anything serious so that's not heavy on my mind. I just wanna be prepared.

Well, the work load can get bad. If you have 4 classes a semester, you could have 2 essays due and 2 exams to take all in the same week. You need to getin the habit of completing assignments earlier than they are due and studying for exams early, studying the night before won't cut it.
If you don't have good study habits will that effect anything?
Yes, procrastination is your worst enemy. There's nothing worse than paying thousands of dollars to go to college and slacking off just tobarely get by in your classes. When it was necessary, I would spend weekends in my school's computer lab typing up 15 page essays and studying for an examthat was 5 essay questions. You just need to be prepared. From my experience, professors usually provide you with all the information you need to be preparedfor exams and they're always willing to discuss essay assignments with you to get you on the right track. All in all, college is a great experience if youmake it out to be that way.

its like going to another grade....more work, tougher subject, your becoming a big boy...soo that means more responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom