NT what are you reading? vol. put the TV remote down, pick up a book!

Frankenstein (by mary shelly)- re-reading this right now. The book is so different from what you've seen on TV and movies. The concepts and themes aretruly scary

The absolute sandman by (neil gaiman)- collects issues 1-20 of the graphic novel. So far it seems to be about the god of dreams. supposedly revolutionizedcomics. one of the more "grown up" graphic novels.

Blindness by Jose Saramago, only because i have to read it for my writing class
tired.gif

Pretty good read though..

oh this thread is a good idea, I'm looking for some new reading material to keep me busy when I'm bored at work.

I'm going to hit up barnes and noble tomorrow

i'm reading:

invisible man - ralph ellison
go tell it on the mountain - james baldwin .. almost finished with this one

The Dexter Omnibus by Jeff Lindsay... (the books behind the show Dexter)
The Womens Murder Club Series by James Patterson

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

The Dexter Omnibus by Jeff Lindsay... (the books behind the show Dexter)
The Womens Murder Club Series by James Patterson
are the dexter books diff form the show?

Reading Nisa: The Life and Words of a !Kung Woman

its for school though. Had to put reading The Omnivore's Dilemma on pause.

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

After finishing:

Kite_runner.jpg

How'd you like Kite Runner?

So, so good but man it beats you over the head. It's like every time there's the slightest glimmer of hope it just gets shot to hell somehow. I stillenjoyed it a lot.

Thought about picking up A Thousand Splendid Suns today as well but the other two should keep me busy for a while.

Originally Posted by Nash

After finishing:

Kite_runner.jpg

How'd you like Kite Runner?

So, so good but man it beats you over the head. It's like every time there's the slightest glimmer of hope it just gets shot to hell somehow. I still enjoyed it a lot.

Thought about picking up A Thousand Splendid Suns today as well but the other two should keep me busy for a while.

I enjoyed it too. But gee, talk about a bittersweet ending.

^ I like thomas friedman's op ed pieces, I'm sure that book is great.

Been meaning to read fight club

Woohoo, i picked up the next Dexter book today. Can't wait to get started reading it.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

You haven't read this, you have to get on it.

longway.jpg

My dad did some work for dude helping him to set up an orgnazation and as a favor came to speak at our school. Got to me him and he was amazing, real cooldude.

The Friedman book is about 500+ pages. I started it today and read the first chapter, it's very interesting to say the least. I'm a History major butI've always loved reading history from a more journalistic perspective, it's just so much more interesting for some reason.

Definitely going to read Fight Club first though, should take much less time.

Back
Top Bottom