NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

:smh: That's what I thought. Still sitting on a sixer of sucks and born yesterday. Now Xoco. I thought I had atleast 10 days to hold back a bit.

Has anyone tried Oskar Blues death by coconut? Heard thats gonna be national distro this month.

comparison ford, I can't imagine the NYC area and beer releases meshing too well. OH had it good for awhile. Now it seems like vultures are everywhere, huh?

Mangudai954, one beer with less carbonation and bitterness but still a stout, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. That may be your calling.

Nice choice on the imports. I'd go in that exact left to right order. Doppelbocks are quite unique. Lots of sweetness and character. You need to jump on the Weihenstephaner train asap. Their Hefe is world class, with Vitus, their weizenbock just as good.. Start with their Original Munich Helles. No more beer advice until you give them a try :D

Last edited:
^I've tried Death by Coconut and it's not bad. A little thin for my liking, but you definitely get coconut and chocolate.

Overall, I'm glad I was able to pick up a single as opposed to a 4-pack.

Tried the Hofbräu Dunkel , Spatan Ofest, and Salvator Doppelbock today. I liked all of them. The spatan was cool, very solid. Felt the same way about the Hofbräu; solid. The salvator was my favorite out of the three. You can taste the alcohol half way through with this one but it balances well with the chocolate, malt, and mild amount of hops this beer has. I'll be buying more of it in the future. The rekorderlig was delicious. Easily one of the best ciders I've had thus far.

Mangudai954, one beer with less carbonation and bitterness but still a stout, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. That may be your calling.

Nice choice on the imports. I'd go in that exact left to right order. Doppelbocks are quite unique. Lots of sweetness and character. You need to jump on the Weihenstephaner train asap. Their Hefe is world class, with Vitus, their weizenbock just as good.. Start with their Original Munich Helles. No more beer advice until you give them a try :D

I had no issue with the barney flat as far as bitterness goes, just the moderate carbonation(if im being picky). I'll looks into the nitro though. I'll look into the Weihenstephaners. I didn't like their Ofest.

Last edited:
FYI, Xocovexa is the exact same recipe as the bombers from last year. Ask Wally. Lol. Greg Koch told him so on BA.
I drank Velvet Merlin and Death By Coconut all weekend. I've bought 5 4-packs of it the last 3 days.
Oh and an Elysian Night Owl. Whoever said that it was better than Dark O the Moon is off their rocker...

Wally heard from the man himself haha. Pretty cool!

Not beer but having some of this tonight :smokin

^ It's surprisingly quite good. It's pretty much vanilla, coconut with a hint of bitterness from the beer.

FYI, Xocovexa is the exact same recipe as the bombers from last year. Ask Wally. Lol. Greg Koch told him so on BA.
I drank Velvet Merlin and Death By Coconut all weekend. I've bought 5 4-packs of it the last 3 days.
Oh and an Elysian Night Owl. Whoever said that it was better than Dark O the Moon is off their rocker...
He told me alright... I vaguely mention that I would love to see a slightly heavier mouthfeel on the next release (that the beer wasn't perfect essentially). And he basically told me that for the millions that bought it and liked it as is, nothing has changed about this recent batch. I then mention to him that bud light is also very popular and those guys feel no need to change anything either. I guess it boils down to what you feel as your own brewer/brewery owner and if that beer makes you happy. I just thought it doesn't hurt to change things up slightly. But got reamed a new one. I bought 9-11 last year and got some for fellow members here. I will likely buy a couple sixers no questions asked as well.

Anyone have any experience with pricing errors? I went and bought a couple sixers and singles at a beer store during my lunch break. Upon paying, it seems like one of the sixers was priced as a single can. What would you have done? I thought the sixer was possibly on sale. Checker thought nothing of it. I paid and left. I then had a buddy try to buy some more a bit later. No Dice. He gave them a big fuss. Every single sixer was apparently mislabeled. They would not honor it.

Beer purchase wise, I had a Pilsner Urquell itch. San Tan out of AZ just started distribution here. I didnt go with their Devil pale ale or their hop shock IPA. Instead I went with a Mr. Pineapple single can. A more modest set of pickups. More Elevated IPA, Malpais stout, more FBS (keg ran dry), and some AVBC BO Gose.

The cheap beer in question. AVBC GOSE. I thought I would be on a feeding frenzy tonight. I did get the one for sixer $1.99 (vs. $10.99 normally). No regrets. I didn't change the labels or look in the wrong spot. I picked up what I normal would buy and that's the price at checkout. Had I bought it solo, or went gready right away, who knows if they would have said something. I got the one sixer I normally get of it and moved on. The two subsequent sixers my buddy got at "normal" cost will now have to be split among the cheaper one I got lol. So he basically saved $3.

Got a nice lineup in store for tonight. more details later

Last edited:
He told me alright... I vaguely mention that I would love to see a slightly heavier mouthfeel on the next release (that the beer wasn't perfect essentially). And he basically told me that for the millions that bought it and liked it as is, nothing has changed about this recent batch. I then mention to him that bud light is also very popular and those guys feel no need to change anything either. I guess it boils down to what you feel as your own brewer/brewery owner and if that beer makes you happy. I just thought it doesn't hurt to change things up slightly. But got reamed a new one. I bought 9-11 last year and got some for fellow members here. I will likely buy a couple sixers no questions asked as well.

Anyone have any experience with pricing errors? I went and bought a couple sixers and singles at a beer store during my lunch break. Upon paying, it seems like one of the sixers was priced as a single can. What would you have done? I thought the sixer was possibly on sale. Checker thought nothing of it. I paid and left. I then had a buddy try to buy some more a bit later. No Dice. He gave them a big fuss. Every single sixer was apparently mislabeled. They would not honor it.

I've had plenty of pricing errors play to my advantage.

I picked up Prairie's OK-Si and the woman at Whole Foods thought that $12.99/bottle was nuts so she grabbed a Dale's off the shelf for the pricing and gave it to me for $1.99/bottle. I've given Whole Foods so much money over the years I didn't even flinch at the error...that and the fact that Prairie's prices have become ridiculous per 12oz bottles. I felt a lot better after cracking the OK-Si and absolutely hating it.

My local Kroger had Ten Fidy marked at $8.99/4 pack that I loaded up on. A buddy of mine tipped me off at lunch and i went in after work and felt no remorse.

If it was at a local bottle shop I'd say something but it doesn't bother me with the large corporate stores.

Last haul I slid 1 habanero sculpin into a 6 pack of my usual GF sculpin. Just cracked it open and I'm glad I didn't pick up a whole 6er. I could barely finish it and I usually like spicy ****.

Also has anyone ever tried KelSo. I believe they're brewed in Brooklyn. My dude at the shop put me on to their 10% imperial ipa and am really enjoying it.

Grabbed these this morning.

30tp1d2.jpg

Apparently this stuff is the bee's knees.

There's a bar maybe 1/2 a block from my work that tapped this yesterday

They do $2 10oz drafts for happy hour and to my knowledge the only beer that doesn't apply is barrel aged

Wanted to pick up a big bottle but may as well get it there during happy hour while available

^ Is that good?
laugh.gif
 I saw it at my local spot and had it in my hands but set it back down because I grabbed a couple Pumkings because I haven't had any this year yet. They had some from 2014 for a $1 more because he said "it ages well" so I bought a 2014 & 2015 to try back to back and see if he's full of **** or not.

Had the sweet potato and shugga sweet release last night. I enjoyed the sweet potato quite a bit. The smell is amazing and it tastes just like marshmallows and sweet potato pie. A tad boozy but I didn't mind. Leaving the empty bottle out smelled the whole room of it. The shugga I didn't enjoy that much. Definitely the hoppiest beer I've had since trying snpa. It wasn't awful, just not into hoppy beer. I liked it more than the snpa though; had to sip it.

Last edited:
There's a bar maybe 1/2 a block from my work that tapped this yesterday

They do $2 10oz drafts for happy hour and to my knowledge the only beer that doesn't apply is barrel aged

Wanted to pick up a big bottle but may as well get it there during happy hour while available

Thought it was too good to be true at $2 for a 10 oz pour and it was

Can't complain at $5 and Alpine Nelson 10 oz pour for $2 though

Back
Top Bottom