NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Who here can help me out with some Other Half?
smokin.gif

I'm going to steal something that I saw on IG.
Just bought a 4 pack of Death by Coconut.
And I'm going to crack open a BCBS.
1/3 DBC, 2/3 BCBS.
Voilà.
Poor man's 2013 BCBS Prop.

I wish I could find some DBC. Although my local brewery makes a beer called Maui Trickster which is very similar to DBC. With that said, I thought of mixing a BCS/Death by Coconut/Xoco but I feel like not "wasting" a BCS and enjoy it in it's full self 
laugh.gif

One of my local spots got Coconut Jones Dog but I didn't feel like leaving the house yesterday so F it.

Man... FBS on sale is a blessing and a curse. Feels like I've been drinking one a day for the past week, catching a buzz, and falling asleep. Weird coffee to booze factor for me. Stimulant vs. depressant.

I'm going to steal something that I saw on IG.
Just bought a 4 pack of Death by Coconut.
And I'm going to crack open a BCBS.
1/3 DBC, 2/3 BCBS.
Voilà.
Poor man's 2013 BCBS Prop.

Never had prop. And I'm only sitting on two DBC cans, and two BCBS bottles. But that may make for a nice Easter brunch drink combo. I'll report back 8)

DBC is still available around around your way? Ill never understand my stores. They sell out of Backwoods B and Founders Imperial stout, but have a massive amount of FBS. As far as OB, they have the hotbox coffee beer, which is okay, but not worth the money. DBC seemed to be available for a 2 week window. I miss DBC

Last edited:
DBC is still available at a few spots near me.
BCBS on the other hand? Finally looks like all my local spots sold through their inventory. 3 months later. There is one spot that still has some but the price is not acceptable..

Good luck. Heard solid things on bb. BA score is great.

I don't even buy Abyss anymore (still available around my way), or the BA Narwhal, or BA Old Rasputin anymore. Got just four overpriced BCBS bottles this year (along with some local overpriced stuff.) I've seen some Black Butte various editions available around my way. Passed on them. Another shop dropped like 6 years worth of Stone IRS (of course their 2013 espresso is sold out first.. Ppl have good taste). No thanks on the others, even at $13-15/bomber. When FBS is $8/four pack, I become a price stickler.

We're suckers though. I hope we learn from our mistake..

What's stupid is, I have been dropping $10 on a a 6.5% ipa in bomber form. It's probably the worst price/oz. EVER for me, but I love that beer so much.

With that said, had a buddy wanting to go to Tw. Not totally sober, I made some harsh decisions.

FBS had about 7 cases available last weekend. Down to maybe 2. I said f that. Bought a case plus some. And that expensive bomber @ $9.99. Got three of those. For greater measure, some local pils, elevated 4 packs, and not pictured dos equis. Not a great decision weekend thus far. I'll be drinking good though. Cheers yall.

Enjoy by 420 available in single format at $3.50/12 oz bottle. I'm okay with that try

Last edited:
Keeping it mellow tonight. First one down, second one in the works:

Once this is finished it's pretty much straight to bed for me.  Big things happening at Other Half tomorrow morning.

Woke up at 5:30, got in my car by 6:00, got to the end of my street and something clicked in my mind.  Just said "**** it" and turned back around.

Fortunately my instincts were correct.  People on BeerAdvocate are saying the line at Other Half was already 100+ deep by 6:45 (they open at 10:00 AM).

Not gonna waste half of my day to acquire cans of one new beer.  Growlers of Sand City IPAs and overpriced cans of Heady/Sip of Sunshine at the distributor by me aren't sounding too bad right about now.

Plus I'm constipated.  I have bigger fish to fry this morning.

On sale for 8 bucks at my local bevmo so i grabbed a couple.
That's a good deal. I absolutely  love that beer and I can usually only get two bottles at a time if they are in stock by me. But they are $10 which is normal I think. 

Everytime I stop in I grab two if they have them. Although, I went in yesterday and passed on Coconut Jones Dog again and actually walked out with nothing; even passing on two more BOMBS. I think my tide is changing with the weather. I had no ambition to buy anything for some reason.

CF and Meyer, it's like I don't eem know you guys anymore.

But I'm the same way now. Pocket is fatter and more time to enjoy the world

I guess I missed the press release that said Firestone Walker would be expanding distro. 8 new states including my own. Shelf and tap space is tightening up big time. Pivo is nice. Union and Easy are solid (when fresh). I can barely find stone, lagunitas, deschutes, or odell fresh, let alone some of the new guys that just entered my area. I'm pretty much confined to three local IPAs, and seasonals from the larger breweries. I dont care to waste my money on malt bomb IPAs.

I do feel I need to revisit some of these guys though. I cant remember the last time I had a Lagunitas IPA, their Maximis, pale ale, hop stoopid, or their pils. Same with SN and Stones mainstays. I tend to jump around too much, or stick with locals.

---------
Bomb was miss and hit for me when I had it. First time around, I guess I had had another beer prior and my taste buds just didnt pick anything up too unique. Second time around on a fresh palate, I caught every flavor that they listed. Super impressive beer. I would call it a big step above the other chile spiced stouts around.

I have my biggest haul of the year, and Cford and Meyer come through empty handed. I feel guilty.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as Meyer.  The warmer it gets, the less inclined I am to care deeply about the beer I'm drinking.  Don't get me wrong: I'll always have pretty high standards, but I'm not really down to put in the effort to acquire amazing beers when I could be riding my bike or going fishing and picking up some Two Hearted cans on the way.  

Hell...my Friday routine in the summer is riding my bike to Blue Point Brewery after work for a pint or two, then riding down to the beach to get a lobster roll at a luncheonette stand right on the water.  Being active and drinking inferior beer>drinking amazing beers and stagnating in a line all day.  

And they upped the amount made for Parabola. 4000 cases now. That Duvel money is coming in handy I guess.

I got you Wally :lol:. Had to take advantage of the $2 off any 4 or 6 pack coupon from TW. Just in time for the Easter party i'm attending tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom