NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Founders KBS sold out in an hr at the release party at the store... 
mean.gif
mean.gif

People gonna be campin like theyre Yeezys on the next release.. 
sick.gif

To be honest I feel KBS is overrated, that's just me. To be charging $15 for a 12oz bottle is absurd. I paid $5 each for my two bottles and I'm cool with never buying it again.

I never had it so I just wanna see what the hype is all about.

Coors light

Can't do any of that dark or IPA stuff. Just not my thing. I've tried it, I'm sure I could learn to like it but prefer something ice cold and I can down easily and right after another :lol:

First post in the thread...I'll try anything new and I'm not some beer expert.

My go to is Victory Golden Monkey. 10%....I get smacked
Keep browsing this thread.

Try stuff and tell us what you like -- we can recommend more beyond BeerAdvocate.

Last edited:

Keep browsing this thread.

Try stuff and tell us what you like -- we can recommend more beyond BeerAdvocate.
Definitely will keep an eye on it. I work so much I might only get to drink a couple times a month at most so I'm always looking for something new to look forward to.

I searched the thread and didn't find any other mentions of Golden Monkey. Yall gotta check it out and let me know if ive been living wrong

^it was a favorite of mine years ago but haven't had it in a while, I noticed it's in 12oz cans now which is nice

this is basically daydream in green with less abv, really enjoyable on a sunny day

Chedder broccoli - sharp unique flavors on this one, definitely the best of the series

SAMO - LIC beer project deserves more attention, have yet to have a bad brew from them and they have their own flavor signature, this was not the best from them but very enjoyable, Pile of crowns on may 13!!!!!

Jack abbys MOLE Barrel aged, also had the peanut butter jelly and cordon rouge, Mole was the best, then cordon rouge, but peanut butter and jelly was terrible

Hoof hearted - did we just become best friends, the color on this is dope, flavors were nice, wouldnt chase down hoof hearted stuff but its good

Carton Caffee Coretto - Just as advertised, got all the flavors, was looking forward to this and was not disappointing

Pure Project - No signal, pretty good brew, the triple blew it out the water though

Carton Regular Coffee - I would love to see more cream ales being done, one of my favorite styles, works really well with the coffee

Trillium brewing - the streets, basically all the best aspects of trillium crammed into a triple IPA, and I know its cliche for people to say they dont taste the abv in a triple IPA but this one was really like drinking one of the streets series at 7 abv but with really strong flavors of mixed hops, great stuff

Pure Project - Triple dry hype, the texture stood out on this one, perfect carbonation, not too bubbly and not flat, just right, the flavor was also banging

Prairie pirate bomb - I love rum barrel aged stouts much more than bourbon, this was just my style, took my time savoring this one

The big pay back - I usually love what interboro does but this did nothing for me, gonna try it again in a week or so but was let down

*see the last comment about interboro, applies to this one as well

B-Bomb from fremont - good but not great, feel like there are cheaper and easier to get beers that are comparable

Interboro - Stay gold, tastes better then when it was fresh, this is the interboro i know and love, not sure what happened on the latest cans

Nib smuggler from funkybuddah, perfect beer to drink when you get to other half at 4:30 am

Last edited:

Pure Project - Triple dry hype, the texture stood out on this one, perfect carbonation, not too bubbly and not flat, just right, the flavor was also banging

Dude, aren't you based in NY? This was just released Friday. You got somebody to overnight cans to you?

Also made it out to Other Half on Saturday.  Lucked out by making a friend from trading on BA--dude got an extra DDH Broccoli teku glass accidentally two weekends ago.  He saw a post of mine on BA saying I showed up a little too late and they sold out right before me, so he decided to surprise me by throwing his extra my way:

Definitely made my day.

Anywho...onto the beer:

Dream in Green.  6.2% oat IPA brewed with Citra, Motueka, Wai-iti and some lactose sugar.  Definitely agree with MasterPlanMan's assessment.  Tasty, and easy-drinking, but I'm still not entirely sold on the virtues of adding lactose sugar to IPAs.

Cheddar Broccoli.  This is Broccoli that was then dry-hopped with the hops they used in Cheddar.  Awesome beer.  Definitely a unique one.  Has an amazing juiciness up front that turns into a punch of dankness on the end.  My favorite of the bunch.

Pretty sure I've posted DDH All Citra Everything before, but it bears repeating.  Such a great beer.

DDH Stacks on Stacks.  Citra, Mosaic, El Dorado.  Not a big fan of the OG Stacks, but this is fairly tasty.  My least favorite of the bunch, but still a worthy purchase.

Definitely will keep an eye on it. I work so much I might only get to drink a couple times a month at most so I'm always looking for something new to look forward to.

I searched the thread and didn't find any other mentions of Golden Monkey. Yall gotta check it out and let me know if ive been living wrong

You haven't been living wrong per se. Golden Monkey is a serviceable Tripel. There are quite a few that are much better though.
La Fin Du Monde
Westmalle
Chimay White
Tripel Karmeliet
St. Bernardus
Maredsous 10
even Allagash Curieux

So I have now had two of the four FW Fortem DIPAs. I gotta say, I think I'm sold. There is definitely a softness about it that makes it a winner in my book. Sort of a traditional citrus and slight pine vibe. Not overly IBU driven or sweet. There are like 3 weeks old but that softness in the mouthfeel makes it so darn drinkable. I agree with the BA score. Definitely in the 4.30 range, or higher. Hype is REAL! If this was maybe more fresh or had more of a hoppy aroma and juiciness, I would call this right around what OH or Sand City does on their medium tier type products.

On a sour note, I had two Parabolas, and am finding it extremely high in IBUs and that booze factor is huge. It feels thin.. I then went with another KBS that same evening just to compare, and that felt off as well. I think I need to drink some terrible or mediocre stouts so i can grasp what is so wrong, or right about them. I'd honestly take a FBS over a KBS any day of the week. Less heat and more malt flavor. I think I'll sit on all these stouts for a couple months. I think BA 1050 wins them all though (compared to LAG high west/parabola/KBS)

Dude, aren't you based in NY? This was just released Friday. You got somebody to overnight cans to you?

Traded for a 4 pack with a guy at other half Saturday morning, didn't realize it was so fresh but he did say he took the red eye so I guess it makes sense

Yea, there's a reason this one isn't popular. Tastes like sweet grape juice, with dark fruit and alcohol rounding it out. This does nothing for me. Fortunately it was inexpensive.

Last edited:

Westbrook Key lime pie gose

1st time I've ever had a gose style beer. Pretty tasty and love the pie crust aftertaste in this beer.

Picked up these. Owner of my local liquor store gave me the funky universal friend for free since he remembered me buying one only to find out it exploded lol.

Bars in Manhattan area as per a NYC request from a fellow Nt member last year
---------
The Cannibal, Blind Tiger, Top Hops, Bread & Honey, Beer Culture, Pony Bar.
----------------------

If you are on the Upper West side, I happened upon a bar/store called Beer Shop NYC. They have many beers to go, as well as about 10-15 draft pours of various beers. Last year, only one or two were truly local, but considering NYC is still learning what craft is, finding seemingly normal craft options is still a learning curve. Price points werent too crazy. I found some daisy cutter and westbrook gose there. Finding a normal bottle shop in NYC is hard as it is, but letting me get a mixed six variety pack on discount is quite nice.

They werent quite in tune with OH or Sand City or anything truly local or rare, but given they had some stuff I dont see everyday, the out of state stuff was more up my alley than the local options.. In a years time, a lot may have changed.

Last edited:
I'll be in NY in July for a bachelor party. I'll make sure to save these spots as well!

Sipping on Drop Art from Modern Times tonight (Saison brewed with mango and orange zest). Pretty much mango juice with a hint of tartness. Really feelin' this!

Back
Top Bottom