NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

IMG_3980.JPG

You're not missing out on all that much. It's a good beer, but the barrel-aging doesn't really add much to the base beer. If anything, it only acts to take away from the flavors of the adjuncts. I'd take the regular version over it 99 times out of 100.

You're not missing out on all that much. It's a good beer, but the barrel-aging doesn't really add much to the base beer. If anything, it only acts to take away from the flavors of the adjuncts. I'd take the regular version over it 99 times out of 100.

Yea the BA version loses some flavor in the finish compared to the regular VAS.

It tasted much better once it warms up. I'll probably pick it up again but the 6pk VAS for the same price is a much better buy. :lol:

aviary-image-1520644889806.jpeg

Place to Be by Tired Hands

Pizza dinner IPA. Where do I start. Lots of hype with this one, mostly bad. Strong lemon basil on the front end. Then the lemon dies quickly and it turns into oregano and basil. Not getting the tomato paste that much, thank goodness. Not good but not terrible. This is a food beer. Meaning it 100% needs to be paired with Italian food.

I expected not to like it of course. But like most, it was something I wanted to try. I'd rather Tired Hands try something new and completely fail than brew the same flavors over and over again. I applaud them for the effort but to no surprise, it wasn't good.

I'll be having a Vanilla Milkshake from them later this evening so it's all good :pimp:

Sam Adams ne IPA actually not that bad. Totally getting shafted by the masses. Blind hyped up sheeple

Exactly the type of flavors a newcomer could come out with and instantly get hype and charge $18/4 pack for. Here at half that, easily within the realm of other 4-4.25 rated neipas.

Sam Adams ne IPA actually not that bad. Totally getting shafted by the masses. Blind hyped up sheeple

Exactly the type of flavors a newcomer could come out with and instantly get hype and charge $18/4 pack for. Here at half that, easily within the realm of other 4-4.25 rated neipas.
Need to give get a try. Truthfully, I've generally enjoyed most of Sam Adams beers.

I did not like the Hazy Little Thing IPA by Sierra Nevada though. Thought that completely missed the mark in capturing any essence of a hazy/new England ipa

I was thinking of trying that Sierra Nevada earlier, but I went with Bells.

Have any of you guys had the New Belgium Juicy Haze IPA?

aviary-image-1520644889806.jpeg

Place to Be by Tired Hands

Pizza dinner IPA. Where do I start. Lots of hype with this one, mostly bad. Strong lemon basil on the front end. Then the lemon dies quickly and it turns into oregano and basil. Not getting the tomato paste that much, thank goodness. Not good but not terrible. This is a food beer. Meaning it 100% needs to be paired with Italian food.

I expected not to like it of course. But like most, it was something I wanted to try. I'd rather Tired Hands try something new and completely fail than brew the same flavors over and over again. I applaud them for the effort but to no surprise, it wasn't good.

I'll be having a Vanilla Milkshake from them later this evening so it's all good :pimp:
My buddy was there Friday night last week and picked up a couple of four packs, offered to sell me a couple of cans but had to pass :lol:

They make incredible bread, but that’s no excuse to put bread/crust in a beer

My buddy was there Friday night last week and picked up a couple of four packs, offered to sell me a couple of cans but had to pass :lol:

They make incredible bread, but that’s no excuse to put bread/crust in a beer
:lol: I'm just glad I was able to split the four pack with someone. Nearly lasted a whole week

Saw you post that Infinite Energy on untappd. How'd you like it??

I drank a bunch of Ontario, Canada craft beers tonight. I'll list them later

It's literally called SA New England IPA. Just got national distribution this past month. $9/4 pack. Maybe it's because I'm cutting beer out to two nights a week and this was my first but it had every essence of a solid hyped breweries ne IPA attempt.

Hazy little did nothing for me. I bought sixer of ranger juicy. It's getting some witbier hefeweizen flavor vibes from me. Maybe the hazy yeast?

I'll have another SA Ne tonight. but so far it's winning the night over. Light on the juiciness. But just about every other aspect right on due. Price helps.

Sadly it's all about freshness. This one's been out awhile and just got to my area. Best by may '18. May be best of that national bunch imho. I just love citra hops and instantly got that vibe with the sa beer

It's literally called SA New England IPA. Just got national distribution this past month. $9/4 pack. Maybe it's because I'm cutting beer out to two nights a week and this was my first but it had every essence of a solid hyped breweries ne IPA attempt.

Hazy little did nothing for me. I bought sixer of ranger juicy. It's getting some witbier hefeweizen flavor vibes from me. Maybe the hazy yeast?

I'll have another SA Ne tonight. but so far it's winning the night over. Light on the juiciness. But just about every other aspect right on due. Price helps.

Sadly it's all about freshness. This one's been out awhile and just got to my area. Best by may '18. May be best of that national bunch imho. I just love citra hops and instantly got that vibe with the sa beer

I have yet to see this in the Bay Area. Will keep an eye out!

20180310_214618.jpg

Extra Vanilla Double Milkshake IPA by Tired Hands

Not my first milkshake, but my first one from Tired Hands. Citra coming through strong on the nose. The Mosaic and vanilla mix on the back. Creates an almost "chemical" smell. Mouthfeel is incredibly soft and creamy due to the lactose and vanilla. Citra shining through on the taste as well. Finish with a hint of vanilla. Very good and worth the hype.

5ABB3831-CF38-4640-AB69-5F14A9D582A5.jpeg

Local spot has been putting out a lot of good stuff lately.. really enjoying the past few months of can releases from these guys. I’ve mostly picked up their sours and NE IPAs.

aviary-image-1520816978950.jpeg

Things Behind the Sun by Tired Hands

Same Pink Moon series as the pizza beer. Astronaut Ice Cream Sandwich IPA. Description is more in line with one of their milkshake beers. Fizzy, citrus on the front end. Vanilla takes some of the hop bitterness out but leaves the fruitiness. Ever so slight rich chocolate once the beer dries down on the taste buds. Incredible

If the pizza beer is an example of a food beer gone wrong, this is an example of a food beer that's been hit out of the park. Might be my favorite TH beer I've ever had. Job well done

572542AD-554D-4A40-AFEA-41EDFB9FA30B.jpeg
Super solid TIPA. I do prefer the recent LAX to JFK though. Wish I would have had this about two weeks ago, but again still an excellent beer.

Got some Hudson Valley Star Chambers and Mirrorshields in a trade this past weekend. Very excited to finally try their beer out. I enjoy how relatively transparent they've been this entire time they've been around about their beer making process

Back
Top Bottom