NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

IMG_20190302_171034.jpg

Recent haul to Total wine. I've been sticking to just local breweries for years, started to Branch out

Met this dude at the gym who was wearing a Hudson Valley shirt. We chat it up and he said he's a salesman who's territory is the Northeast but travels all along the coast. Said he hits Treehouse at least twice a month and is boys with one of the investors in HV. Also knows one of the managers at Other Half.

We exchange info and he hit me yesterday said he was at the Veil. He grabbed me some of the HV collab that dropped yesterday :pimp:

Met this dude at the gym who was wearing a Hudson Valley shirt. We chat it up and he said he's a salesman who's territory is the Northeast but travels all along the coast. Said he hits Treehouse at least twice a month and is boys with one of the investors in HV. Also knows one of the managers at Other Half.

We exchange info and he hit me yesterday said he was at the Veil. He grabbed me some of the HV collab that dropped yesterday :pimp:

^^

That’s the Curtains - Sour DIPA right?...I live in the Richmond area btw!

^^

That’s the Curtains - Sour DIPA right?...I live in the Richmond area btw!
Yessir! The tee was dope as well and he scooped me some of that. Did you get a chance to try?

Also, goes without saying but if any one wants to trade or needs cans at cost from the likes of Tired Hands and Pizza Boy, lmk. Would love to have consistent contacts at Treehouse and Other Half

I really really want to try that HDHC More Citra releasing this week at OH if anyone can assist. Strawberry shakes release at Tired Hands this week

Yessir! The tee was dope as well and he scooped me some of that. Did you get a chance to try?

Also, goes without saying but if any one wants to trade or needs cans at cost from the likes of Tired Hands and Pizza Boy, lmk. Would love to have consistent contacts at Treehouse and Other Half

I really really want to try that HDHC More Citra releasing this week at OH if anyone can assist. Strawberry shakes release at Tired Hands this week

Definitely intend to make over to Veil this weekend to try it out...I did see the tee, it is pretty dope!

I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised with how well this Xocoveza has held up after 8 months. The coffee was still strong, everything else besides the pepper was still there pretty much in the amount that I recall based on the notes I wrote when I had it fresh. I never got much cinnamon from it even when I had it fresh so I can't speak to that. But overall it's been really enjoyable.

Some pick ups from the past two weeks

20190613_213916-948x784.jpg

20190614_175420-490x1008.jpg

Was kinda disappointed with Super Cluster initially because the citra and even the malt tasted subdued. It's was good, just expected the hops to be more aggressive. It's not meant to be. I remembered that its 8%, and being so easy to drink it could get dangerous lol

20190614_182206-490x1008.jpg

Pretty straight forward with the taste following the description. Delicious.

20190616_060437-1023x767.jpg

Want to delve back into Belgian Ales, heard a lot about Orval so I had to give it a try. I was so happy when I found out BB made Bel Air a year round, really good beer especially at it's price point.

Gonna start hitting up some taprooms to try some of the more interesting stuff being brewed down here. Haven't had much of a taste for IPAs or stouts so I've been trying different Florida lagers I've come across at stores down here.

Some of my Father's Day comsumptions...

1st up- Kent Falls Doubly Awkward Hug. Kent falls is one of if not my favorite CT brewery. The best part is that they ship limited amounts of all their cans out, so you don't have to drive to the brewery to get them as if you go on release day to your local shop they will have them in stock. This is a great iipa, I would put it over several of treehouses offerings.

Next up is LIC Beer Project Samo. Not as good as the DAH but a solid 4 pack for $15. I also enjoy Higher Burnin IPA from them, which I first tried on tap at a Knicks game.

3rd up is a repost of the picture but still the same result. Counterweight Wizard Fight. Absolutely outstanding iipa, a top 3 out of CT for sure. I had picked some up last week and have a few left.

Last but not least, Skadoosh from the Alchemist. This can is from April and has aged well. Skadoosh uses different hops in each batch, so some batches are much better than others. I forget what was in this batch but it's a sold ipa. Not as juicy as others as the Alchemist has their own unique flavor profile that sets them apart. The best thing about Alchemist ipas is that they will last for months if kept cold. This cannot be said for alot of juicy ipas that start losing flavor after a few weeks. In fact, I had to pour out a can of treehouse curiosity 60 last week as at 2 months old it was a crapshow of what it was when I had bought it. I don't know how a beer can go from great to broken in 2 months when kept cold.

Attachments

• 20190616_134047.jpg
    20190616_134047.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190616_161255.jpg
    20190616_161255.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190607_190314.jpg
    20190607_190314.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20190617-105019_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190617-105019_Gallery.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 0
I've had most Treehouse IPAs except Hurricane. Still love Julius and Haze. For me, nothing touches Green when that's dialed in. That's without a doubt my favorite beer on the planet next to Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
Have you ever had any if the green variants? I agree with Green being their best when dialed in. I was lucky enough to get Very Green a few months ago. It was amazing. I also put Doubleganger up with it as my favorite 2 treehouse ipas. That being said, there are plenty I have not tried... .yet!

Have you ever had any if the green variants? I agree with Green being their best when dialed in. I was lucky enough to get Very Green a few months ago. It was amazing. I also put Doubleganger up with it as my favorite 2 treehouse ipas. That being said, there are plenty I have not tried... .yet!
I have had VG before. I thought it was good but I think the added ABVs took away from what makes Green so great

I’m a big fan of Doubleganger though. The extra hopping added some resinous notes that I enjoyed. Also made the base beer way smoother

Also had Greenmiata this weekend from the Veil. I really enjoyed that one. At 6% ABV, I thought it was light and perfect for warm weather.

Was lucky to get some cans of the HV Glycerin release this past weekend. I want to do a side by side with the Veil collab sometime this week

Quick check-in: I still drink beer, but I drink differently these days. Still love IPAs, interest in pastry stouts faded real quick, and Berliners/HV-esque sours still hold a place in my heart. Gravitating more towards "crispness" these days (Kolsch, pilsner, Helles, etc.). They're more of a reminder of why I love beer. As much as I enjoy the experimentation and creative liberties that have taken place in the past 2 years or so, it's nice to remember what got me into this to begin with. Lagers are just so drinkable and relatable.

I have the next week off from work and this line of thought has me thinking a trip to Suarez might be in the cards. Would happily crush a case of Qualify/Palatine Pils.

Quick check-in: I still drink beer, but I drink differently these days. Still love IPAs, interest in pastry stouts faded real quick, and Berliners/HV-esque sours still hold a place in my heart. Gravitating more towards "crispness" these days (Kolsch, pilsner, Helles, etc.). They're more of a reminder of why I love beer. As much as I enjoy the experimentation and creative liberties that have taken place in the past 2 years or so, it's nice to remember what got me into this to begin with. Lagers are just so drinkable and relatable.

I have the next week off from work and this line of thought has me thinking a trip to Suarez might be in the cards. Would happily crush a case of Qualify/Palatine Pils.

Yes! Being able to enjoy more than two drinks without being too blasted to function! Real yeast flavors, almost bread-ie is what I look for in a good pils.

Same boat. Summer time and I'm drinking single IPAs, Pilsners, and Lagers. Tired Hands makes a damn good Helles Lager.

Also, I was at Other Half the other week and all the brewers were drinking Miller High Life. They said it's because you can drink a lot without feeling like crap and it tastes how beer is supposed to taste. Never has any off flavors

haven't had the opportunity to try any Saurez Family beers but hope to eventually

I get the craving for a good Pilsner every so often

best Pilsner I've had was an OEC Pilsner aged in oak barrels...gave it 4.5 bottle caps on Untappd

BDABE469-3494-44D0-AB8B-2E56AF215F4F.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom